Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: World Entry List

Custom Title

Owe it to ticket holders

Yeah, they certainly owe it to the ticket holders to try to pin down the list and get it posted.
    Linny

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Joesitz
    How often does the ISU update their list of entrants? It seems nothing has changed since it was first put up. I'd like to see a definitive list this week.

Joe
    Dont know how often but they did yesterday. though its still not correct.

Thanks Sandra - I noticed Shizuka is still listed and Irina is not. If Shizuka does withdraw (and I don't see why not) it would mean that Sasha has no top competition and should win her first World's gold medal.

If the jitters do not get to her, I think Joannie will be on the podium.

Joe

Custom Title

"Top"

Oh, Joe, so many times I agree with you but on your definition of "top", I guess I'm just more generous. There are plenty of terrific ladies besides Suzuka and Irina.

And any skater can have a brilliant program (or three as is necessary at Worlds). Look at Lu Chen. She had the right performances where it counted. Candeloro is another one like that.

Joannie has home court advantage, so that may help. I'm forgetting the name of the men's bronze skater who got the bronze in Dortmund with home court advantages... and the German ice dancers also got bronze by taking advantage of home court advantage.

But don't count out other ladies or assume that Worlds will be a snooze just because Suzaka and/or Irina aren't there. Maybe someone else will come outta nowhere and thrill us all.... like G from Georgia. Wouldn't that be a hoot?

Linny

Medalist
    To Linny:
    I'm forgetting the name of the men's bronze skater who got the bronze in Dortmund with home court advantages...
    I'm not Joesitz, but that skater's name was Stephan Lindemann (GER), the short guy with the Ilia Kulik flushed cheeks and Irina Slutskaya bow legs.

Linny - I think there are Very Top Skaters and Top Skaters. The Very Top have provent themselves to be a cut above the others. Two of the Very Top in Ladies so far will not be in Worlds 2006, presumably. I therefore, see that the other Very Top Lady will not have to worry about these two.

You are correct. anything can happen and it often does. But for the purpose of Forum discourse, I think one speaks only in superlatives of his/her favorite. The rest of the forumites speak in what they believe to be the indiviual best of each skater, and three stand out, and among those three, one stands out.

Cheers - Joe

PS - The Very Top Male Skater may not be there so there is a puzzle on who will be the three that stand out and, of course, the unique one.

Down With It
    This AP article CONFIRMS that Irina and Shizuka indeed will NOT be attending the Worlds.

[url]http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/11764801/[/url]

It mentions that Cohen and B and A are going, though. WIthout the russians, can B&A win their first World Championship? Can Cohen "pull an Irina" and finally get the World gold after being the silver medallist twice? We'll see. I suppose many are right and this worlds has potential to be fairly exciting.

I'll also start another thread.

Custom Title

Irina skipping Worlds - not surprised

Quote Originally Posted by NanSinger2
    Is anyone surprised that Irina is skipping worlds? I would have thought she wanted redemption of sorts.

Irina has been around forever - and she has been one of my favorites since the first day I saw her skate - years ago.

It seemed she and MK were competitors at the time.

Since then, Irina has blossomed into, in my opinion, the best female skater ever.

I say that knowing that others will disagree.

My hope is that Irina will now skate at her will and make oodles of money. I think she also wants to start a family.

Hooray for Irina!! Thanks for so many, many years of good skates.

shdotz

Custom Title
    Why are Grush/Gonch missing Worlds?

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by shdotz

Irina has been around forever - and she has been one of my favorites since the first day I saw her skate - years ago.

It seemed she and MK were competitors at the time.

Since then, Irina has blossomed into, in my opinion, the best female skater ever.

I say that knowing that others will disagree.

My hope is that Irina will now skate at her will and make oodles of money. I think she also wants to start a family.

Hooray for Irina!! Thanks for so many, many years of good skates.

shdotz
    I love Irina...always have.

Vash

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3