[video] mao landing quad loop | Golden Skate

[video] mao landing quad loop

CDMM1991

Medalist
Thanks bethissoawesome! It's definitely not fully rotated there, but I'm sure she's worked on it since!

Last edited:

brinababy87

Rinkside
That clip was from last fall, it's a little old.

Not to mention Jr. Worlds' practice reports on both her quad and 3A say they haven't been going well.

Sylvia

Record Breaker
CDMM1991 said:
Where are these reports?
At FSU in the Junior Worlds forum (by "Eislauffan").

Thanks for posting the video link -- can't see Mao's landing foot clearly but it looked like a decent attempt despite the underrotation.

P.S. to Mathman: Mao's birthday is Sept. 25. :)

Last edited:

maruru

Rinkside
Today's Asahi.com says her success rate is so low Mao at this point has decided not to attempt to do it. She still plans to do a 3A (or 3A's? Singular or plural is unclear from the article but I'd guess that would be a decision at the last miunte depending on how it's going).

brinababy87

Rinkside
Heck, I don't think it's a good idea for her to do the 3A. Minam's practice reports are saying she didn't land one out of 50 attempts. :(

maruru

Rinkside
brinababy87 said:
Heck, I don't think it's a good idea for her to do the 3A. Minam's practice reports are saying she didn't land one out of 50 attempts. :(

Yeah, from a few other articles I just saw it sounds like she's a bit in a funk now. It's not just 4lp or 3a; she uncharacteristically fell on other triples, more often than usual, in the last practice.

Their quotes:

Mao: "It's not really good now, but it's been getting better little by little since I arrived here."

Yamada (to the Japanese media): "I see this (competition?) as just one step for her, so please don't set your expectation too high (sounds like she is sort of suggesting Mao may not win this time)."

"This is the first time she (as defending champion) ever competes under pressure. She's starting to realize what it is like (to be challenged, to compete when something is at stake). It's an important experience she needs to get at this stage of her skating career."

* () is my addition from the context I understand.

Last edited: