Let Go of the Olys and Get On with the Worlds | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Let Go of the Olys and Get On with the Worlds

R.D.

Record Breaker
this is getting good. Guys, never count your chickens before they're hatched...

Hopefully there is another competitor down in the wings waiting to have a clean performance, hopefully the performance of her life.

I think Rochette has a chance to win the whole thing.

In her Olympic free skate she beat Cohen, Slutskaya and Suguri in tech scores. In Calgary, home cooking ought be give her an extra .5 across the board on the presentation side.

Can't wait for the Marshall's apres skate. It's the final one of the season and the one which is the most important in all of figure skating.:biggrin:

Will Michelle make a comeback?:unsure:

Joe

flowjo35

On the Ice
I think with some of the top contenders out, Sasha will probably have this world title. I am hoping for a better competition then the long programs at the olympics (that was really bad). I hope Fumie can win or at least medal.

Joesitz said:
Can't wait for the Marshall's apres skate. It's the final one of the season and the one which is the most important in all of figure skating.:biggrin:
Now you're talking, Joe, LOL. Anyway, it has the biggest purse.

Maybe Michelle can be persuaded to drag her weary bones onto the ice, provided they make it an audience vote kind of thing. :biggrin:

Jasper

Final Flight
scuttlebutt99 said:
While watching the fragmented coverage of the Olympics between other sports, I will very much appreciate watching a skating event that is continuous. Worlds is usually an interesting event as it provides the venue for so many hard working skaters to strutt their stuff. Not every performance wins medals, in fact few do. I still enjoy the other skaters and appreciate their effort.

I completely agree!

Jasper

Final Flight
My desires:
Mens Gold - Buttle
Ladies Gold - Suguri (I think she has an awesome chance)
Dance Gold - Drob/Van
Pairs Gold - Sav/Szol