Sasha enjoys the spotlight in Hollywood | Golden Skate

Sasha enjoys the spotlight in Hollywood

Lanie

On the Ice
Sasha will be so sad once this week is over and she's back to being ignored by most people! LOL. She looks awful in that black dress though.

tarotx

On the Ice
Lanie said:
Sasha will be so sad once this week is over and she's back to being ignored by most people! LOL. She looks awful in that black dress though.

She gets back to her regular life of training starting tomorrow. Poor thing :p That black dress is awful :disapp:

Lanie

On the Ice
If the dress didn't have that weird neckline it'd be okay. I'm about her size and I wouldn't be caught dead wearing something like that. She better not wear that to the Oscars. I wonder who her date is. Her dad? :p

Lanie

On the Ice
We'll find out soon enough! Living in Southern California, to me, all this stuff is so silly. I don't see why people pay so much attention...but then again I'd love to be pampered and wear diamonds and a nice dress, even if it's just for one night. ;)

dancindiva03

Match Penalty
Lanie said:
That black dress really is awful. It makes her look about 8 months pregnant, not an easy feat on someone of her size I would think!

Lanie

On the Ice
dancindiva03 said:
That black dress really is awful. It makes her look about 8 months pregnant, not an easy feat on someone of her size I would think!

ROFL! I didn't notice THAT but ugh. The neckline is what makes it bad. If you have no chest, don't flaunt it, Sasha!

ETA: The pictures of Sasha in the ugly!dress! aren't there anymore. Interesting.

Last edited:

R.D.

Record Breaker
yeah, they went away :laugh: I did save them to my Picture Collection though before they took them down. Shall I repost them?

Gwendolyn

Rinkside
Those were nice pics of Sasha and Tara. It's kind of weird to see them together because it' almost like they're from different generations of skating, although I think they're the same age, aren't they?

My brother said the same thing about the black dress. I personally didn't like the black/pink ensemble she wore. It makes her legs look really short.

CDMM1991

Medalist
RD, can you repost the pics of her in the ugly black dress? I didn't get to them in time :laugh:.

R.D.

Record Breaker
Here you go. This is a different host than what I used before so hopefully there won't be any obscene ads.

ETA: yeah, not the most flattering outfit, now that I think about it. However, I really don't pay attention to that type of stuff, being a guy I guess that's not unusual :laugh:

R.D.

Record Breaker
Here's a bonus pic with some interesting Q and A. Credit to a poster on Sashafans for scanning this

It's OK. It just looks like the dress is too big for her. If she shortened the spaghetti straps and pulled the whole thing up a little it would be fine. The skirt part is nice.

MM

R.D.

Record Breaker
CDMM1991 said:
Oh wow. That is a BAD dress.

I'm guessing that's why Getty Images took them down in the first place :laugh:

There's too much of a neckline- and Sasha has nothing to show in that area- I think that's the only thing wrong with the outfit she chose. But I remember she wore a couple of skating costumes with plunging necklines. Doesn't really work on someone with no bust (or hardly any at all) JMO

julietvalcouer

Final Flight
At risk of indulging in some cattiness (but isn't that half the fun of celeb photos?) Sasha's the one who should go into film, not Tara. Sasha's much prettier.

And that neckline in the photos Red Dog posted? I don't think that would flatter ANYONE. That's just a dress of bad ideas.

Sasha should always wear her hair down. She looks much, much nicer than she does with the tight bun. (Ice dancers wear their hair down--why can't singles skaters?)

R.D.

Record Breaker
julietvalcouer said:
Sasha should always wear her hair down. She looks much, much nicer than she does with the tight bun.

ITA

but I think it's a "competition" thing. She had it down (or I think in a "ponytail") for the Exhibition. Many other ladies with long hair (MK, Joannie, Fumie, Shizuka, list goes on) tie it back as well.