Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Sasha enjoys the spotlight in Hollywood

Down With It
    Here's a bonus pic with some interesting Q and A. Credit to a poster on Sashafans for scanning this

It's OK. It just looks like the dress is too big for her. If she shortened the spaghetti straps and pulled the whole thing up a little it would be fine. The skirt part is nice.

MM

Down With It
    Quote Originally Posted by CDMM1991
    Oh wow. That is a BAD dress.
    I'm guessing that's why Getty Images took them down in the first place

There's too much of a neckline- and Sasha has nothing to show in that area- I think that's the only thing wrong with the outfit she chose. But I remember she wore a couple of skating costumes with plunging necklines. Doesn't really work on someone with no bust (or hardly any at all) JMO

Ballroom Baby
    At risk of indulging in some cattiness (but isn't that half the fun of celeb photos?) Sasha's the one who should go into film, not Tara. Sasha's much prettier.

And that neckline in the photos Red Dog posted? I don't think that would flatter ANYONE. That's just a dress of bad ideas.

Sasha should always wear her hair down. She looks much, much nicer than she does with the tight bun. (Ice dancers wear their hair down--why can't singles skaters?)

Down With It
    Quote Originally Posted by julietvalcouer
    Sasha should always wear her hair down. She looks much, much nicer than she does with the tight bun.
    ITA

but I think it's a "competition" thing. She had it down (or I think in a "ponytail") for the Exhibition. Many other ladies with long hair (MK, Joannie, Fumie, Shizuka, list goes on) tie it back as well.

Ballroom Baby
    Again, I point to ice dance. If they can have 'hair-down' ballets, for heaven's sake, they can have programs where that unflattering, stapled-to-the-skull bun is innapropriate, too! (On some girls it looks nice. Sasha's face shape is definitely NOT flattered by it, though. There has to be some way she can pull it up that's softer.)

I would guess that the jumping makes it more difficult to have loose hair in singles or pairs versus dance. I know my wild hair would have been all in my face and my vision is nothing to brag about even without that handicap! Sometimes, the ladies' hair will be down in exhibitions but usually the jumping is also less prevalent then too,

I have to agree that the dress is not one of Sasha's best looks. Could she wear her skating costume to that event? She looks beautiful in those!

Down With It
    Michelle did it during her exhibition at Marshall's 05...and she had many jumps in there, too. I don't think it's necessarily BAD but when you have to concentrate and jump 5-7 times I think it could be an unnecessary annoyance or distraction. If I was a lady out there and I was competing I'd probably tie my hair back too

As for Cohen her face is rather round and her ears tend to stick out, so I think you're right. Check this close-up and see if you agree

http://img301.imageshack.us/img301/8823/32b1bs.jpg
    Last edited by R.D.; 03-05-2006 at 09:15 PM.

In that Q&A that you posted Sasha says that she doesn't find either Jake Gyllenhaal or Heath Ledger attractive. I think it's safe to say that I am no longer a Sashafan

Down With It
    Quote Originally Posted by CDMM1991
    In that Q&A that you posted Sasha says that she doesn't find either Jake Gyllenhaal or Heath Ledger attractive. I think it's safe to say that I am no longer a Sashafan
    You mean you WERE one in the first place?

Skater Girl
    I lightened up the image so we can see the details of the dress. Oh, Sasha, it would look good if you didn't do that stupid neckline!

Down With It
    it's only a dress, people. it's worn, it's gone. Next!

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Lanie
    I lightened up the image so we can see the details of the dress. Oh, Sasha, it would look good if you didn't do that stupid neckline!

She's beautiful, she's rich, she's got an Olympic Silver medal, and she's hanging out with movie stars. I'm sure she doesn't care about being on the Worst Dressed list! I can't wait to see what Joan Rivers says-if anything-on her wrap-up show tomorrow.

Custom Title
    Leave it to Red Dog to save those pictures for us.

I agree about the neckline. Somebody with a chest could have a wardrobe malfuntion. She needs to take the top of the tent dress she had on earlier this week and put it on this one.

Like the previous poster said who cares if you get to meet movie stars.
    Last edited by LBC; 03-05-2006 at 09:47 PM.

Down With It
    Leave it to Red Dog to save those pictures for us.
    yup...and while I'm at it, I also have a few rare ones...rare ones that no one will ever see...I think I now have over 10,000 photos in my figure skating collection...

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast