Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: SNL made fun of Sasha Cohen

SNL made fun of Sasha Cohen

Did anybody catch Saturday Night Live last night? I was barely awake, but on Weekend Update Natalie Portman stepped out twice dressed as Sasha Cohen. On the 2nd appearance she "fell."

Down With It
    well she deserves to be made fun of

j/k. No, I never watch SNL.

Now that I think of it, Natalie does look a lot like Sasha.

http://amenazafantasma.tripod.com/natalie.jpg

Custom Title
    Only in this picture..... Normally Natalie looks quite different and more beautiful than Sasha (I am not denying that Sasha is beautiful). Natalie has a very intelligent face (again, I am not implying that Sasha is not intelligent).

Vash

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Vash01
    Only in this picture..... Normally Natalie looks quite different and more beautiful than Sasha (I am not denying that Sasha is beautiful). Natalie has a very intelligent face (again, I am not implying that Sasha is not intelligent).

Vash

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Dog
    well she deserves to be made fun of

j/k. No, I never watch SNL.
    When they do a skit on you on SNL that means you're famous!

She deserves to be made fun of? That's interesting coming from someone who hangs out over at the Sasha fan site.

Down With It
    Sure I hang out at SF...and ISFF, and FSU, and (god forbid) MKF occasionally, and GS, and many other places.

Down With It
    Quote Originally Posted by ladysarahchatto
    When they do a skit on you on SNL that means you're famous!
    Not famous per se, but famous for what she DID... face it, people will remember her for falling. Those are all the comedies I've seen out there- they center on her falling. Maybe a couple will try to "glamorize" it by saying she closed strong.

Custom Title

Her next steps

Sasha has many more steps in her skating career. Whether or not she is remembered by her Oly silver with a fall performance will depend on whether or not she does anything else memorable in the future. After Victor Petronko fell during his Oly gold performance, but he's remembered best for dancing with a doll.

Linny

Custom Title
    Not famous per se, but famous for what she DID... face it, people will remember her for falling. Those are all the comedies I've seen out there- they center on her falling. Maybe a couple will try to "glamorize" it by saying she closed strong.

RedDog, I would have to disagree with you on this one. Look at the thread on skaters falling at the Olympics. Were they all remembered for falling, I don't think so.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by millie
    RedDog, I would have to disagree with you on this one. Look at the thread on skaters falling at the Olympics. Were they all remembered for falling, I don't think so.
    I agree. I think most casual viewers will remember her for her extension. The BC spin seems to get a great many comments.

I must be getting old. I watch SNL and think about how much better it used to be.

Custom Title
    You face it-she's FAMOUS now like it or not. She has been noticed and she's only going to benefit from the attention. In spite of some of her detractors who wish her the worst. She won Olympic Silver and they're is nothing you, or anyone who hates her can do about it. Deal.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by millie
    Exactly. But some people like RD apparently resent Sasha, and anything good that may come her way. Too bad for them. Those people really need to let the old hatred go, and get over it already. It's boring.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by ladysarahchatto
    Exactly. But some people like RD apparently resent Sasha, and anything good that may come her way. Too bad for them. Those people really need to let the old hatred go, and get over it already. It's boring.
    No Red Dog is Sasha's biggest fan. He just doesn't want to come out of the closet.

Down With It
    Well, to some people I'm the closet Sasha fan, yet to others I'm her biggest detractor. Well, take your pick.

Remember that it's the week after the Olys, so of course she's going to get the attention. But NO WAY is she going to be another Michelle Kwan who gets recognized outside of skating circles even in NON-OLYMPIC years.

She may be another Tara Lipinski in the case that she certainly is a red-carpet *****. I don't even know if she has that much name recognition.

But then, who knows?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast