Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: SNL made fun of Sasha Cohen

Custom Title

Natalie Has An Intelligent Face

Quote Originally Posted by Vash01
    Only in this picture..... Normally Natalie looks quite different and more beautiful than Sasha (I am not denying that Sasha is beautiful). Natalie has a very intelligent face (again, I am not implying that Sasha is not intelligent).

Vash
    Just an aside; Natalie graduated from Harvard.

Custom Title
    Sasha may be remembered for a falling Olympic silver performance, but didn't Kristi Yamaguchi fall with a Olympic gold performance?

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~ Ladskater's Avatar
    I think Sasha should get credit where credit is due - has everyone forgotten her short program performance which launched her into first place going into the final free skate? That does make her worthy of receiving the Silver medal - despite her falls.

I just don't watch SNL but for some reason, changing channels, I did see that little bit. I just never cared much for that kind of show. Usually, I love comedy but over the years I have found that I just can't hack making fun of people. That's the biggest reason I don't watch Leno, etc. I just have a problem with comedians that make fun of people. I remember when I was in school that the city kids made fun of "country kids" and other things and it hurts way too much. If they're real comedians there's lots of other things to make fun of.

~ Evgeni's Sex Bomb ~
    Quote Originally Posted by Ladskater
    I think Sasha should get credit where credit is due - has everyone forgotten her short program performance which launched her into first place going into the final free skate? That does make her worthy of receiving the Silver medal - despite her falls.
    That's the way the skit started, she nailed her "short joke program." Then she comes back later to do her "long joke program" and the announcers start talking about how "her eyes are different" and "she looks nervous" and then she flubs the joke badly "singling it when it should've been a triple dirty" and then screams and falls. But then she gets back up, finishes the joke with a flourish and big smile. It was cute, not at all insulting.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by PrincessLeppard
    That's the way the skit started, she nailed her "short joke program." Then she comes back later to do her "long joke program" and the announcers start talking about how "her eyes are different" and "she looks nervous" and then she flubs the joke badly "singling it when it should've been a triple dirty" and then screams and falls. But then she gets back up, finishes the joke with a flourish and big smile. It was cute, not at all insulting.
    There was nothing insulting about it at all. It was all in good fun, not cruel, or mean-spirited. I think Sasha has shown she is a good sport about the whole thing ala Jimmy Kimmel's 'Silver' cracks, and I wouldn't be surprized if she is asked to host SNL at some point. With Johnny Weir as co-host. Or Shaun White.

Down With It
    Quote Originally Posted by PrincessLeppard
    I dunno man...I smell nothing but CORN here...

Custom Title
    I think Natalie Portman even used to skate.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2