View Poll Results: Second best male skater after Plushenko?

Voters
252. You may not vote on this poll
  • Sandhu

    21 8.33%
  • Buttle

    27 10.71%
  • Joubert

    27 10.71%
  • Weir

    70 27.78%
  • Lindemann

    1 0.40%
  • Takahashi

    14 5.56%
  • Lysacek

    25 9.92%
  • Oda

    7 2.78%
  • Other

    60 23.81%
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 119

Thread: Who is second best male skater after Plushenko?

  1. #1
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    3,177

    Who is second best male skater after Plushenko?

    Who do you consider the second best male skater after Plushenko?

  2. #2
    and... World Peace! Tonichelle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Kenai, AK
    Posts
    18,646
    I don't consider Plushenko the best skater... maybe best competitor right now... and second to him in that area is Evan because he can put a bad skate out of his mind to skate well

    for best skater that skates competitively I'd say Matt Savoie, or maybe Johnny Weir.

    of all time, Kurt Browning gets my vote

  3. #3
    Eville Eastern Bloc Poster
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Editville
    Posts
    477
    All in all I'd say Plushenko is the 2nd best skater after ...

    Anke

    Btw. ... why didn't you put Lambiel in the voting?
    ... cause .... "everybody hates him?"
    Last edited by Germanice; 03-07-2006 at 03:22 AM.

  4. #4
    Tripping on the Podium
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    68
    Voted other as in Lambiel, despite the fact he's hated by everyone

    Quote Originally Posted by Germanice
    All in all I'd say Plushenko is the 2nd best skater after ...
    Right. Thought this poll was about eligible skaters but even if it wasn't I'd say = Yags is the 2nd best skater after Plushenko
    Last edited by Vitacus; 03-07-2006 at 08:08 AM.

  5. #5
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    not far away
    Posts
    127
    Other = Lambiel

  6. #6
    Skate With Me Teresa Dawn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    British Columbia, Canada
    Posts
    198
    I put Buttle, I don't consider Plushenko the best though...

  7. #7
    Custom Title Mathman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Detroit, Michigan
    Posts
    27,133
    And "Other" surges into an early lead! (It must be all those notorious Golden Skate Klimkin fans.)

  8. #8
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    3,177
    I did not include Klimkin specificaly because I did not think he was a viable option. Seeing all the votes other got perhaps I should have included Klimkin and Dambier as specific options.

  9. #9
    Custom Title Mathman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Detroit, Michigan
    Posts
    27,133
    Myself, I voted for Van der Perren.

    http://www.sportwereld.be/Assets/Ima...perrenn.MM.jpg

  10. #10
    what didn't kill me-made me stronger!
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Belgrade, Serbia
    Posts
    504
    Lambiel

    Mathman, you are right. Kevin rocks!

  11. #11
    Figure Skating Is A Dangerous Sport Dee4707's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Midwest
    Posts
    16,616
    Quote Originally Posted by Mathman
    Myself, I voted for Van der Perren.

    http://www.sportwereld.be/Assets/Ima...perrenn.MM.jpg
    Now that's a skater!!!

    I am not voting because you assume I think Evgeni is the best. Now if you would have asked Who is the best skater then I would have voted.

    Your point is not well taken.

    Dee

  12. #12
    Shoe Diva
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Detroit, MI - So Glad to be Home!
    Posts
    2,810
    I voted for Eman, but must admit that I wasn't aware that Plushy (for all his fabulosity) was the greatest male skater...

  13. #13
    and... World Peace! Tonichelle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Kenai, AK
    Posts
    18,646
    Quote Originally Posted by Kwanford Wife
    I voted for Eman, but must admit that I wasn't aware that Plushy (for all his fabulosity) was the greatest male skater...
    that seems to be the feeling given by everyone gotta love one sided polls and the take over by the board members

    Quote Originally Posted by Mathman
    Myself, I voted for Van der Perren.

    http://www.sportwereld.be/Assets/Ima...perrenn.MM.jpg
    Kevin is without a doubt one of the YUMMIEST skaters....
    Last edited by Tonichelle; 03-08-2006 at 11:38 AM.

  14. #14
    Tripping on the Podium
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    68
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonichelle
    that seems to be the feeling given by everyone
    Everyone? Not to anyone with half-a-brain. Clearly Plushenko is one of the greatest single male skater ever and will be remembered as such.

    Apparently he's not that great to a nagging few here and because they (the objective experts) say so it must surely be so, right?

  15. #15
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    3,177
    Forgive me for assuming somebody who has won every competition he has completed in the last 2 years by 15 or more points under the COP is the best skater, as an obvious fact. My mistake.

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •