Sasha's first "official" acting role? | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Sasha's first "official" acting role?

Red Dog said:
I wonder if there's a shift here? Is GS becoming more like Sashafans II than MKF II? :p
Out wth the old, in with the new, Red Dog. By this time next year we'll change our name from Golden Skate to the Gimmie Kimmie Forums.

About height, the most successful Hollywood actress of all time was only 2 feet 8 inches tall (Shirley Temple). :)

Kwanford Wife

Record Breaker
Red Dog said:
Hmm. I wonder? Some people may not even agree with the above.

I wonder if there's a shift here? Is GS becoming more like Sashafans II than MKF II? :p

Nah... its just a momentary blip... just like in another thread where Irina is a has-been who shouldn't be counted on to medal much less win at Worlds... people like to jump on whatever wagon the band is playing on...

As for the "its a lie that someone would say that Sasha isn't beautiful" well, since I've been pretty well-behaved lately, I'll throw out that my husband and 8-year old son almost went fist-to-cuffs when the spouse made the comment that Sasha looked more like a hobbit than a figure skater and my son had a total fit... Everyone has different opinions about beauty. That's all... why all the fuss?

R.D.

Record Breaker
a hobbit :laugh: well, she's definitely short enough...

yeah, beauty is subjective.

Lucy25

Final Flight
Kwanford Wife said:
As for the "its a lie that someone would say that Sasha isn't beautiful" well, since I've been pretty well-behaved lately, I'll throw out that my husband and 8-year old son almost went fist-to-cuffs when the spouse made the comment that Sasha looked more like a hobbit than a figure skater and my son had a total fit... Everyone has different opinions about beauty. That's all... why all the fuss?
Looks are certainly subjective, and people have a right to their opinion. I personally find Sasha very pretty, but I know many men who do not. Two weeks ago a very popular (97.1 for you Detroiters out there) FM talk station here had people call in to say who was a "hot" female athlete. A guy called in and said Sasha, and the two DJs shut that down instantly. One of them called her muppet. The other said he didn't see the attraction. My two nephews (20 & 22) don't find her attractive at all. {shrug} I think her size probably has a lot to do with it.

It just goes to show how people differ in opinion, and I find that fascinating. There are many people in Hollywood that are considered attractive that I don't see at all.

R.D.

Record Breaker
It just depends. Several male posters on one of the celebrity picture forums think that Sasha is "hot", so...if she wants a guy, she'll have a large enough pool to pick and choose from.

Lanie

On the Ice
I certainly think she has a very pretty face but I can see how the girl's body can turn guys off, therefore they'll be like, "Oh, she's ugly" or whatever. Who cares. Like I think certain skaters are prettie than others and I get odd comments if we talk about that (ie I think Sinead Kerr's pretty! No one else seems to agree with me!). Beauty is subjective...just like our wonderful sport we talk about here. ;)

R.D.

Record Breaker
I were to go for a figure skater, personally I would go for Tara Lipinski or Sarah Hughes (or even her sister Emily). Closest to my age, too, give or take a couple of years.

eta: remember I'm basing this on looks ONLY

Last edited:

tarotx

On the Ice
Red Dog said:
I were to go for a figure skater, personally I would go for Tara Lipinski or Sarah Hughes (or even her sister Emily). Closest to my age, too, give or take a couple of years.

eta: remember I'm basing this on looks ONLY

Do you mean Emily's closest to your age? Becasue Tara, Sarah and Sasha are all in their early 20's. So giving a couple years....

Subject: Sasha is a pretty girl but a lot of the time she looks really young-that could be a negative or a postive in the acting world. And in the dating world I guess. Some guys are more into pretty than they are into breast so I'm Sasha should be okay in that department :)

Last edited:

tarotx

On the Ice
Red Dog said:
OK, fine.

So are you saying you're a teen? I so didn't get that from reading your posts:rock:

I guess I haven't really been playing attention :eek:

Red Dog said:
OK, fine. A bit too young for me, actually, so n/m that.

Ah an edit ;) So it was 23 year old Tara and 20 year old Sarah not 21 year old Sasha or 17 year old Emily :laugh:

Last edited:

R.D.

Record Breaker
To clear things up, I'm currently 19 and turn 20 later this year.

You know what, just forget everything I've said. :laugh:

R.D.

Record Breaker
oh yeah, probably :laugh: but I'm pretty short myself (for a guy), anyway...