Sasha's first "official" acting role? | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Sasha's first "official" acting role?

attyfan

Custom Title
Medalist
Red Dog said:
They've got MK, Tara Lipinski (but then again, maybe they turned it down)
Susan Beth said:
In Hollywood, they might be considered yesterday's news. Celebrities don't seem to have much time in the spotlight.
Red Dog said:
yeah, that's true also...
IMO, Sasha's proposed role is more akin to MK's cameo in ice princess. Tara, OTOH, is trying to become a full time actress. If I were Tara, though, I might get a little bit peeved -- two OSMs seem to be getting roles, and the OGM (and the only would-be serious actress in the group) isn't.

Last edited by a moderator:

kyla2

Final Flight
dancindiva

I think your comments regarding Sasha are bashing at their worst. WHY DON"T YOU GET A LIFE???? The word "stalking" comes to mind also. You are obssessed with Sasha and anything to do with making her look bad.

Lanie

On the Ice
She'd need to take classes and stuff, obviously. Sasha's got the face, but she's tiny and I agree with dancindiva--doesn't exactly have an actor's voice, if that makes any sense. She's too...typically Southern Californian. :) I also think the hint of the Russian-ish accent (from her mom I guess?) doesn't help. I could see Sasha doing a historical role, though, for some reason...

attyfan

Custom Title
Medalist
Lanie said:
She'd need to take classes and stuff, obviously. Sasha's got the face, but she's tiny and I agree with dancindiva--doesn't exactly have an actor's voice, if that makes any sense. She's too...typically Southern Californian. :) I also think the hint of the Russian-ish accent (from her mom I guess?) doesn't help. I could see Sasha doing a historical role, though, for some reason...

Actually, I think a historical film set in old San Francisco might be a great idea -- after two skaters take acting lessons. Sasha could be a Russian immigrant and Michelle as a Chinese one, dealing with the issues of racism and adjusting to a new country.

Lanie

On the Ice
attyfan said:
Actually, I think a historical film set in old San Francisco might be a great idea -- after two skaters take acting lessons. Sasha could be a Russian immigrant and Michelle as a Chinese one, dealing with the issues of racism and adjusting to a new country.

:laugh: Sasha and Michelle in one movie! That'll get ticket sales!

dancindiva03

Match Penalty
kyla2 said:
I think your comments regarding Sasha are bashing at their worst. WHY DON"T YOU GET A LIFE???? The word "stalking" comes to mind also. You are obssessed with Sasha and anything to do with making her look bad.
Bashing? No. She just does not impress me. I do not see her as having what it takes to be an actress.

dancindiva03

Match Penalty
millie said:
That "OH LOOK AT ME! characteristic is what the producers want in an actress. They don't some wishywashy, yes sir, no sir kind of girl. With that beautiful face and fiery attitude and the spunk that she has in her, she'll go to the top as an actress. I can she her playing Scarlett in Gone with Wind or some other big historical drama. She'll be snatched up by some big time producer that has a special role for her to star in. I can see the headlines now "Sasha at the Oscars not on a special assignment but as an Oscar winner". You will probably be the first one at the screening of her first movie and say there was a time when I hated her and thought that she had angry horse nostrils and a flared clenched jaw.:laugh: :laugh: And in her speech she will say "Here's to all the figure skating fans like dancindive03 that didn't believe in me and thought that I wouldn't make it to the top". "OH LOOK AT ME"

I don't mean"OH LOOK AT ME!" as in someone with star power, I mean more of someone just being totally consumed with herself. Not in a good way, not in a way that is at all attractive. Playing Scarlett O'Hara? :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: That is too hilarious to even comprehend. I will not ever go see any movie that is is in, and I seriously doubt that she will be giving any acceptance speeches except maybe for a Razzie Award. For the record, I don't "hate" Sasha, I just don't see anything in her that would make a great actress, I don't see why people make it big in one thing and automatically think that they'd be great at acting because most of the time, they're not, and I don't think Sasha is any different. Stick with what you're good at.

dancindiva03

Match Penalty
SusanBeth said:
Oh please, the girl is drop dead gorgeous! :yes:
Depends on your opinion of gorgeous. Most of the people I have talked with don't think she's gorgeous. Just average. My dad saw her while I was watching the Olympics SP and he says, "Oooh, that's not a pretty girl!" The tons and tons of make-up she wears make her look OK on TV, but nothing special IMHO.

Skate Sandee

On the Ice
I read on another board a good idea for Sasha. Rather than trying to brave the very difficult transition to acting, hosting a show around her interests - maybe cooking or fashion. I think that's certainly something she'd be good at. I think she'd be good at something along the lines of trying out restaurant dishes or being on a make-over type show to help people with fashion.

R.D.

Record Breaker
kyla2 said:

I don't think it's bashing. It's a strong opinion, she didn't say she was ugly, just average looking. And I personally don't think it's a bash.

R.D.

Record Breaker
dancindiva03 said:
The tons and tons of make-up she wears make her look OK on TV, but nothing special IMHO.

Try saying that about just any female Hollywood celeb out there...ESPECIALLY the famous A-list ones.

R.D.

Record Breaker
Lanie said:
:laugh: Sasha and Michelle in one movie! That'll get ticket sales!

If a free TV COMPETITION with Sasha and Michelle in it can't get people to watch, I don't think people would PAY to see them on the big screen. But JMO

cutiepatutie

Rinkside
dancindiva03 said:
Depends on your opinion of gorgeous. Most of the people I have talked with don't think she's gorgeous. Just average. My dad saw her while I was watching the Olympics SP and he says, "Oooh, that's not a pretty girl!" The tons and tons of make-up she wears make her look OK on TV, but nothing special IMHO.

I am so sure that your father just up and said that. In all my days of watching skating I don't remember any of my male family members saying anything like that. You really made me laugh with that statement..:rofl: You may not think she is pretty, that is fine, but to say your father just up and said someting like that is so unbelivable.

dancindiva03

Match Penalty
cutiepatutie said:
I am so sure that your father just up and said that. In all my days of watching skating I don't remember any of my male family members saying anything like that. You really made me laugh with that statement..:rofl: You may not think she is pretty, that is fine, but to say your father just up and said someting like that is so unbelivable.

Why is it so unbelievable? And why would I lie about it. If I just wanted to say she was ugly, I'd just say so. I believe I already have stated that I don't think she is attractive. But I'm not the only one. NBC showed a close-up of her face, and my dad very literally DID say, "Oooooh, that is not a pretty girl!" IIRC, the one time my brother watched skating with me, he was not impressed with her looks either. Not that he came out like my dad and said she wasn't good looking, but each time a girl came on that he thought was somehow attractive, he'd say "Dude, she's gorgeous!" or "She's a hottie!" "What a cutie." He didn't comment on Sasha being anything special.

Oh, well. Ben Stiller likes her.

Maybe his new movie will be called, "There's Something about Sasha."

MM :)

Red Dog said:
I don't think it's bashing. It's a strong opinion, she didn't say she was ugly, just average looking. And I personally don't think it's a bash.
"Strong opinions" like this seem like a bash to the skater's fans. Fans like to think that their girl (or boy) is beautiful and talented, not to mention trustworthy, loyal, helpful, friendly, coureous, kind, obedient, cheerful, thrifty, brave, clean and reverent.

Why not just smile and let it go, instead of hurting someone's feelings?

MM

ladysarahchatto

On the Ice
kyla2 said:

I think it is really pathetic-the level of the Sasha-hate is just wearying to read through at times. I think people like that are just sad , and I agree with you-they need to get a life and forget about Sasha Cohen if that is possible.

The poster stating that Sasha is just 'average looking' is laughable in the extreme.:laugh:

There are actors in my family. Her height will not be a detriment. That poster who stated that she is way too short hasn't seen too many Hollywood movies, or gone to too many plays. There are plenty of short actresses AND actors. It all depends on the role, and most roles can be tailored to the actor in question. That's what script writers are for.

It's hard to tell what Sasha can or can't do up on the screen. She may have a cameo and not do another film. Or she may be asked to do more. Who knows, and why do people like her detractors even care anyway? It has nothing to do with figure skating. Or them.

R.D.

Record Breaker
Kelly22 said:
She's a beautiful skater with a beautiful face. So why am I bored?

Hmm. I wonder? Some people may not even agree with the above.

I wonder if there's a shift here? Is GS becoming more like Sashafans II than MKF II? :p