Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Sasha's first "official" acting role?

Custom Title
    Probably they see something in Sasha that will make her a star. The other girls probably did't have what it takes to become a star outside skating. She do have a lot of star qualities, a fresh face and a personality to go with it (something that we don't see because we haven't been around her). All these big name movie stars weren't born like that, they were made into stars. They were all inexperienced when they started out but some have what it takes to get to the top, Sasha might have that quality, you never know.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by millie
    Probably they see something in Sasha that will make her a star. The other girls probably did't have what it takes to become a star outside skating. She do have a lot of star qualities, a fresh face and a personality to go with it (something that we don't see because we haven't been around her). All these big name movie stars weren't born like that, they were made into stars. They were all inexperienced when they started out but some have what it takes to get to the top, Sasha might have that quality, you never know.
    I don't see and "star quality" in Cohen. She is average looking at best, her voice is no good for acting, she's waaaaaaaaaaaay too short and she really lacks any believeable expression. In skating, she has exactly two expressions, the "OH LOOK AT ME! I am sooooooo exquisite," face, and the angry horse nostrils flared jaw clenched, "OOOOOH LOOK! Now I'm fiery!" face. Not what I want to see on the movie screen.

Custom Title
    She is average looking at best
    If that's average, I am way more hideous looking than I thought!

Oh please, the girl is drop dead gorgeous!

The Future Mrs. Evan Lysacek #1Kerryfan's Avatar
    This is nice for Sasha.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by dancindiva03
    I don't see and "star quality" in Cohen. She is average looking at best, her voice is no good for acting, she's waaaaaaaaaaaay too short and she really lacks any believeable expression. In skating, she has exactly two expressions, the "OH LOOK AT ME! I am sooooooo exquisite," face, and the angry horse nostrils flared jaw clenched, "OOOOOH LOOK! Now I'm fiery!" face. Not what I want to see on the movie screen.

That "OH LOOK AT ME! characteristic is what the producers want in an actress. They don't some wishywashy, yes sir, no sir kind of girl. With that beautiful face and fiery attitude and the spunk that she has in her, she'll go to the top as an actress. I can she her playing Scarlett in Gone with Wind or some other big historical drama. She'll be snatched up by some big time producer that has a special role for her to star in. I can see the headlines now "Sasha at the Oscars not on a special assignment but as an Oscar winner". You will probably be the first one at the screening of her first movie and say there was a time when I hated her and thought that she had angry horse nostrils and a flared clenched jaw. And in her speech she will say "Here's to all the figure skating fans like dancindive03 that didn't believe in me and thought that I wouldn't make it to the top". "OH LOOK AT ME"
    Last edited by millie; 03-07-2006 at 03:38 PM.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Dog
    They've got MK, Tara Lipinski (but then again, maybe they turned it down)
    Quote Originally Posted by Susan Beth
    In Hollywood, they might be considered yesterday's news. Celebrities don't seem to have much time in the spotlight.
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Dog
    yeah, that's true also...
    IMO, Sasha's proposed role is more akin to MK's cameo in ice princess. Tara, OTOH, is trying to become a full time actress. If I were Tara, though, I might get a little bit peeved -- two OSMs seem to be getting roles, and the OGM (and the only would-be serious actress in the group) isn't.
    Last edited by Mathman; 03-07-2006 at 04:13 PM.

Custom Title

dancindiva

I think your comments regarding Sasha are bashing at their worst. WHY DON"T YOU GET A LIFE???? The word "stalking" comes to mind also. You are obssessed with Sasha and anything to do with making her look bad.

Skater Girl
    She'd need to take classes and stuff, obviously. Sasha's got the face, but she's tiny and I agree with dancindiva--doesn't exactly have an actor's voice, if that makes any sense. She's too...typically Southern Californian. I also think the hint of the Russian-ish accent (from her mom I guess?) doesn't help. I could see Sasha doing a historical role, though, for some reason...

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Lanie
    She'd need to take classes and stuff, obviously. Sasha's got the face, but she's tiny and I agree with dancindiva--doesn't exactly have an actor's voice, if that makes any sense. She's too...typically Southern Californian. I also think the hint of the Russian-ish accent (from her mom I guess?) doesn't help. I could see Sasha doing a historical role, though, for some reason...
    Actually, I think a historical film set in old San Francisco might be a great idea -- after two skaters take acting lessons. Sasha could be a Russian immigrant and Michelle as a Chinese one, dealing with the issues of racism and adjusting to a new country.

Skater Girl
    Quote Originally Posted by attyfan
    Actually, I think a historical film set in old San Francisco might be a great idea -- after two skaters take acting lessons. Sasha could be a Russian immigrant and Michelle as a Chinese one, dealing with the issues of racism and adjusting to a new country.
    Sasha and Michelle in one movie! That'll get ticket sales!

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Lanie
    Sasha and Michelle in one movie! That'll get ticket sales!

That would be a great idea. That way they can kill two birds with one stone.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by kyla2
    I think your comments regarding Sasha are bashing at their worst. WHY DON"T YOU GET A LIFE???? The word "stalking" comes to mind also. You are obssessed with Sasha and anything to do with making her look bad.
    Bashing? No. She just does not impress me. I do not see her as having what it takes to be an actress.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by millie
    That "OH LOOK AT ME! characteristic is what the producers want in an actress. They don't some wishywashy, yes sir, no sir kind of girl. With that beautiful face and fiery attitude and the spunk that she has in her, she'll go to the top as an actress. I can she her playing Scarlett in Gone with Wind or some other big historical drama. She'll be snatched up by some big time producer that has a special role for her to star in. I can see the headlines now "Sasha at the Oscars not on a special assignment but as an Oscar winner". You will probably be the first one at the screening of her first movie and say there was a time when I hated her and thought that she had angry horse nostrils and a flared clenched jaw. And in her speech she will say "Here's to all the figure skating fans like dancindive03 that didn't believe in me and thought that I wouldn't make it to the top". "OH LOOK AT ME"
    I don't mean"OH LOOK AT ME!" as in someone with star power, I mean more of someone just being totally consumed with herself. Not in a good way, not in a way that is at all attractive. Playing Scarlett O'Hara? That is too hilarious to even comprehend. I will not ever go see any movie that is is in, and I seriously doubt that she will be giving any acceptance speeches except maybe for a Razzie Award. For the record, I don't "hate" Sasha, I just don't see anything in her that would make a great actress, I don't see why people make it big in one thing and automatically think that they'd be great at acting because most of the time, they're not, and I don't think Sasha is any different. Stick with what you're good at.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by SusanBeth
    Oh please, the girl is drop dead gorgeous!
    Depends on your opinion of gorgeous. Most of the people I have talked with don't think she's gorgeous. Just average. My dad saw her while I was watching the Olympics SP and he says, "Oooh, that's not a pretty girl!" The tons and tons of make-up she wears make her look OK on TV, but nothing special IMHO.

Custom Title
    I read on another board a good idea for Sasha. Rather than trying to brave the very difficult transition to acting, hosting a show around her interests - maybe cooking or fashion. I think that's certainly something she'd be good at. I think she'd be good at something along the lines of trying out restaurant dishes or being on a make-over type show to help people with fashion.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast