Thread: Morgan Matthews/ Max Zavozin to replace Jaime Silverstein and Ryan O'Meara at Worlds

Rinkside

News Morgan Matthews/ Max Zavozin to replace Jaime Silverstein and Ryan O'Meara at Worlds

Scandal! Shock! Sadness! M/Z to replace S/O'M at the World Championships!!!

I just checked Jaime and Ryan's website and its says that they are not going to the world championships, and that Max and Morgan are going instead to Calgary.

Does anybody know why?

I hope that nothing is wrong that Jaime and Ryan's partnership is still very strong, and that no one is injuried. I was so happy that they performed three clean performances in turin and I was hoping to see them move up in the standings at worlds. They are my favorite US Dance team, aside of course from Belbin and Agosto, so I am really sad to see that they are not going to worlds.

Go NJ Devils
    It's on Matthews/Zavozin's site as well as a one-liner added today:

http://www.ice-dance.com/maxandmorgan/current.html

Custom Title
    Jaime and Ryan did not look very happy to be together at the Olympics. At least this was the vibe I was getting when they were interviewed after their FD. Their attitude was very different in the beginning of the season when they first got together and they looked very happy to be skating together.

IMO, if it's splitsville for S&O'M then neither will find a better partner and their careers in eligible skating are over. I hope the reason for not going to Calgary has to do with reasons other than skating.

Joe

nevermind... I was being stupid lol
    Last edited by Tonichelle; 03-09-2006 at 12:25 PM.

I'm happy that Morgan & Max are getting the opportunity to compete at Worlds. I always felt that if Morgan hadn't had the fall that they would have been the #3 team in the US this year. That doesn't mean I wish ill on Silverstein & O'Meara. I hope it is just a minor injury & that they will be back to compete in the autumn.

Skater Girl
    As far as I've heard Jamie and Ryan are NOT splitting, but she ended up having some family emergency going on... as per someone on FSU...

Custom Title
    Thrilled for M/Z. They have better potential. I totally see them more as a top team in the future.

Go NJ Devils
    I'm thrilled that Matthews/Zavozin will skate in Calgary. I hope everything's okay with Silverstein, though.

Custom Title
    I wonder if the excitement has been too much for S&O? They are in their first year as a team. They made the Olympic team, against all odds. They stayed on their feet at the Olympics, and finished in the top 20. I wonder if they just needed to rest a bit instead of getting ready for worlds in less than one month?

Vash

Custom Title
    I'm happy that Morgan and Max are getting this opportunity. I think they're extremely talented. I could really see them becoming a top team someday.

I like Jamie and Ryan, too. Hope all is well with her.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by merrywidow
    I'm happy that Morgan & Max are getting the opportunity to compete at Worlds. I always felt that if Morgan hadn't had the fall that they would have been the #3 team in the US this year. That doesn't mean I wish ill on Silverstein & O'Meara. I hope it is just a minor injury & that they will be back to compete in the autumn.
    Amen!