Skaters going to Hollywood | Golden Skate

Skaters going to Hollywood

k&gskate

Rinkside
IAfter watching Tanith Belbin on Jay Leno I am surprised she isn't the one going to Hollywood. She was more beautiful than any actress I have ever seen. Ben also did a great Gilbert Godfrey impersonation. Tanith won the hottest female athelete and Sasha wasn't even on the list! I do really like Sasha but I think Tanith would be much better on the big screen.

R.D.

Record Breaker
Depends on whether Tanith has any acting talent. ITA that she is loads prettier than Sasha- in fact, probably the closest to "hot" (by my definition) that a figure skater can get.

Does Tanith want that kind of attention, though? ohen seems to like that kind of stuff. Does she deserve the spotlight, though? That could be up for debate and I challenge anyone who thinks she does.

Alsace

On the Ice
Tanith did act in some film. The networks keep showing it in the fluff pieces. She had big hair, and either played a bully or a bully's victim, I think.

k&gskate

Rinkside
If Jessica Simpson and Paris Hilton can become actresses I really don't believe Sasha or Tanith would have any problem. I don't think any one is going to give them dramatic starring rolls in major pictures but the list of bad actress in Hollywood is a lot longer than the list of good ones and there are a lot of bad actresses that keep getting roles on TV and in movies. I have a teenage children and watched House of Wax and Dukes of Hazzard and no one can tell me that those two have any talent other than being great at getting publicity!!! {and finding good plastic surgery enhancements}

CDMM1991

Medalist
Well Tanith would most likely have to retire from skating in order to act in movies, and her and Ben obviously have a few years left in them; they'll be around for 2010 and beyond I'm sure. Sasha, on the other hand, seems more likely to be retiring now, or within a couple of years.

The cameo role may just need a skater. We don't know what the cameo will be. A single skater doing a trick? lacing her boots? giving a lesson? I am almost positive it will not take any acting skill, and I don't think it is a question of beauty, although that may enhance the scene.

I think it will be fun for Sasha.

Joe

flying camel said:
Tanith is pretty but her voice is annoying.
2questions? Has Tanith been considered? and will there be dialog? From the orginal post it seems that Stiller went to Sasha. Did he also go to Tanith?
If there is dialog, Sasha may have to join SAG. No dialog and she's an extra.

Joe

R.D.

Record Breaker
You're right (in a sense), but IMO Sasha's isn't much better at all. In fact I would say she's not any better. I find her voice annoying, too.

Jennifer Lyon

On the Ice
k&gskate said:
IAfter watching Tanith Belbin on Jay Leno I am surprised she isn't the one going to Hollywood. She was more beautiful than any actress I have ever seen. Ben also did a great Gilbert Godfrey impersonation. Tanith won the hottest female athelete and Sasha wasn't even on the list! I do really like Sasha but I think Tanith would be much better on the big screen.

Assuming for a moment that both skaters intend to remain eligible, it's a lot easier for Sasha to skate and do acting jobs on the side than it is for Tanith simply because Sasha lives in California and Tanith lives in Michigan. Unless Eminem plans to film a sequel to "8 Mile" sometime soon, there just aren't a lot of opportunities for actors in this neck of the woods. Also, Sasha doesn't skate with a partner, so she is freer to go off and do whatever she wants without having to consider someone else's needs/schedule.

Eeyora

Final Flight
Red Dog said:
You're right (in a sense), but IMO Sasha's isn't much better at all. In fact I would say she's not any better. I find her voice annoying, too.
This is probably why there camps had them choose modeling

Red Dog said:

Funny, neither one of their voices have ever annoyed me at all.

Michelle and her diction, OTOH...:disapp: :banging:

attyfan

Custom Title
Medalist
Mathman said:
What about the guys? I think Johnny Weir would be a natural.

I think his choice of roles would be a tad limited, since he is known as such a flamboyant character. I don't know if he is talented enough to break through the "typecasting". I also wonder how many skaters who are "thinking" of going into acting are really those with the natural gifts and/or willing to do the work it will take to become good at that craft, as opposed to those who are simply curious. I also wonder how many are financially able to try -- I doubt that Tara Lipinski is supporting herself on what she makes as an actress. Maybe, the cameo roles that the skaters might get will help them make up their minds.

Remember that the rumor of Tanith replacing Sasha in the Stiller movie started in this Forum. Why?

Johnny Weir could work on all those remakes of Burt Lancaster movies.:biggrin:

Michelle Kwan should do a remake of Laura.:love:

Tanith could try to do the Doris Day remakes.:cool:

Any others?

Joe

shdotz

On the Ice
Gone Hollywood

Red Dog said:
Depends on whether Tanith has any acting talent. ITA that she is loads prettier than Sasha- in fact, probably the closest to "hot" (by my definition) that a figure skater can get.

Does Tanith want that kind of attention, though? ohen seems to like that kind of stuff. Does she deserve the spotlight, though? That could be up for debate and I challenge anyone who thinks she does.

I don't think Tanith has Hollywood on her mind right now.

Let's see, who does and has?

Tara Lapinski, Sasha Cohen (who's skated the same skate, how many times and still keeps falling?), and that German, gold-medalist - twice in a row.

Any similarities in their personalities?

I think so.

It seems to me that the very best skaters, like: Todd Eldridge, MK, Irina S., Kurt Browning, and others have not gotten gold. Neither have they gone Hollywood.

Tells me a story.

shdotz

k&gskate

Rinkside
No one ever said Tanith would replace Sasha in the Ben Stiller movie. I said Tanith looked like a movie star and I think she looks more the part of Hollywood actress than Sasha. Personally I don't think either actually will become serious actresses but I enjoy watching any shows with skaters in them. I liked Tai and Randy in Murder She Wrote and Rudie Galindo in Will and Grace. I really didn't like Tara L. on Touched by an Angel but I watched it.