Skaters going to Hollywood | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Skaters going to Hollywood

Ogre Mage

On the Ice
Mathman said:
What about the guys? I think Johnny Weir would be a natural.
I think Johnny and Sasha should star together in a movie about a pair of young and hungry fashion designers who take the fashion world by storm with their shockingly over-the-top creations and dramatically dysfunctional personal lives. Camille will be their muse.

Last edited:
Ogre Mage said:
I think Johnny and Sasha should star together in a movie about a pair of young and hungry fashion designers who take the fashion world by storm with their shockingly over-the-top creations and dramatically dysfunctional personal lives. Camille will be their muse.
Seriously, seriously, seriously! That would be a great show!

No, but that could be the dramatic tension in the movie. Johnny is the creative genius all full of artistic temperament, while Sasha has her eye on the bottom line, trying to make a financial success of their agency. :yes:

antmanb

Record Breaker
k&gskate said:
If Jessica Simpson and Paris Hilton can become actresses I really don't believe Sasha or Tanith would have any problem. I don't think any one is going to give them dramatic starring rolls in major pictures but the list of bad actress in Hollywood is a lot longer than the list of good ones and there are a lot of bad actresses that keep getting roles on TV and in movies. I have a teenage children and watched House of Wax and Dukes of Hazzard and no one can tell me that those two have any talent other than being great at getting publicity!!! {and finding good plastic surgery enhancements}

I don't think Paris Hilton even qualifies for your bracketed statement about surguery enhancement - i think she looks truly hideous, i think the best representation of Paris Hilton was on SouthPark!!! I think that sums her up perfectly well, especially the frgrance she releases in that episode (called "skanque") :rofl:

Ant

antmanb

Record Breaker
Mathman said:
What about the guys? I think Johnny Weir would be a natural.

BUt he has to take Camille into consideration surely...any roles for the both of them?

:rofl: :rofl:

antmanb

Record Breaker
k&gskate said:
I can't seem to picture Jonnys swan outfits for men catching on!!!

Sure they would....there are Mardi Gras parades all over the world...not quite your regular office/casual wear i agree! :rofl:

R.D.

Record Breaker
antmanb said:
I don't think Paris Hilton even qualifies for your bracketed statement about surguery enhancement - i think she looks truly hideous

ITA. I can't really see how so many men can be attracted to that.

i think the best representation of Paris Hilton was on SouthPark!!! I think that sums her up perfectly well, especially the frgrance she releases in that episode (called "skanque") :rofl:

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Panther2000

On the Ice
attyfan said:
I think his choice of roles would be a tad limited, since he is known as such a flamboyant character. I don't know if he is talented enough to break through the "typecasting". I also wonder how many skaters who are "thinking" of going into acting are really those with the natural gifts and/or willing to do the work it will take to become good at that craft, as opposed to those who are simply curious. I also wonder how many are financially able to try -- I doubt that Tara Lipinski is supporting herself on what she makes as an actress. Maybe, the cameo roles that the skaters might get will help them make up their minds.

I totally agree. Johnny is way too full of himself & I can tell you right here at my desk. He can't breakthrough the typcasting that he has created form himself. Not to mention that he would be every Agent & studio's worse nightmare everytime he opened his mouth.

But, Judging on the hollywood standards of today. There are way too many B-& C list COUGH COUGH actors. yeah, they cross over into movies. But, nothing every really worth seeing. Sasha still looks uneasy ( Somewhat) infront of a camera. She will get little cameo roles here & there But. Just like tara. They won't amount to nothing really.

Just look at tara, She has been in the industry for years. & still hasn't really broken through on anything. Still Kiddie & tweenie roles. She & Sasha can't really cross over into the More mature adult roles.

& that Ben Stiller movie. Well, that's a great. However, not real quality we are talking about. Toliet Humor, Old Jokes, same old same old. But, It's better than nothing:rofl:

R.D.

Record Breaker
Panther2000 said:
But, Judging on the hollywood standards of today. There are way too many B-& C list COUGH COUGH actors. yeah, they cross over into movies. But, nothing every really worth seeing. Sasha still looks uneasy ( Somewhat) infront of a camera. She will get little cameo roles here & there But. Just like tara. They won't amount to nothing really.

Just look at tara, She has been in the industry for years. & still hasn't really broken through on anything. Still Kiddie & tweenie roles. She & Sasha can't really cross over into the More mature adult roles.

& that Ben Stiller movie. Well, that's a great. However, not real quality we are talking about. Toliet Humor, Old Jokes, same old same old. But, It's better than nothing:rofl:

Great points. ITA.

Panther2000

On the Ice
Mathman said:
Still, if Ludicris can star in an Oscar winning movie (Crash), why not Tara?

Eventhough, I don't care for Ludicris, He does have talent for that industry. & then again, He did not have to do to much acting in that movie.

Tara doesn't have that kind of talent. her agents would be too worried bout offending her little fanbase of teenage girls. She is ( was ) a skater. Even Katrina Witt couldn't really breakthrough in hollywood. & she is more wordly than tara ever will be.

R.D.

Record Breaker
Speaking of Hollywood...why not include some pictures of Tara on the red carpet?

IMO, she's looking better than ever now. And if you like these photos, I've got MANY more!

Panther2000

On the Ice
Red Dog said:
Speaking of Hollywood...why not include some pictures of Tara on the red carpet?

IMO, she's looking better than ever now. And if you like these photos, I've got
MANY more!

thanks Dog for proving my point.