Songs to Drive To | Golden Skate

Songs to Drive To

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
My best friend and I are planning a road trip for this summer, and we've decided we need to look up some good in the car tunes for our 10 hour drive[one way!]! lol

so what are some of the songs that you jam to in the car? (Road Trip/On The Road/Vacation themed songs appreciated!)

Jill

On the Ice
Try Los Strait Jackets. They're a Mexican band that plays surf style guitar instrumentals. That should get you in a summer mood!

PrincessLeppard

~ Evgeni's Sex Bomb ~
Final Flight
Toni, I'm 99% certain you and I have completely opposite taste in music, but here we go. (I love driving to these songs because you can scream along with them and totally rock out :rock: )

Anarchy in the UK - Sex Pistols
This Town - Lovehammers
Livin After Midnight - Judas Priest
Let's Get Rocked - Def Leppard
Creep - Radiohead (Marty Casey also has killer version)

Well, that'll get you started. Or not. ;)

Grgranny

Da' Spellin' Homegirl
Bet you wouldn't like mine. Big Band :chorus: I like the ones that are :bouncy:.
Those old slow ones put you to sleep. :rofl:

hrmsk8ngnutt

Final Flight
Tonichelle said:
so what are some of the songs that you jam to in the car? (Road Trip/On The Road/Vacation themed songs appreciated!)
Here are some in keeping with the theme to start with (I'll think of others and add them later):
Vacation - Go-Go's
Vacation - Connie Francis
Holiday - Madonna
Love Shack - B52s
On The Road Again - Willie Nelson
Travelin' Thru - Dolly Parton

Herm (sk8ngnutt)

KwanFan1212

Joey Votto Fangirl
Final Flight
Hmmm, let me think about it. Yeah, I think I can give you a few of my current fave car dancing tunes. :clap:

Will Smith-Gettin' Jiggy With It, Switch
Enrique Eglasias-Escape
Celine Dion-I Drove All Night ;)
U2-Elevation
Martina McBride-This One's For the Girls
Wham-Wake Me Up Before You Go Go
Outkast-Hey Ya

Just a few of them. I'm sure I'll think of more later! :)

Lanie

On the Ice
I love listening to 'Big Band' music, Grgranny!

Lately I've been listening to "Olympic music"--like Andrea Bocelli's "Because We Believe" and Celine Dion's "The Power of the Dream". Oh, and the Leann Rhimes song. ;) I also bought the Porridge Men's CD (they performed the music for the Kerrs Free Dance) and I've been listening to every track on that obsessively...it's wonderful music!

How about Beach Boys? The Beatles? :D

childfreegirl

Final Flight
Y'all are gonna think I'm crazy, but I love Josh Groban's Closer cd for driving. Most of it anyway. There's one song on there that when it comes on, I turn it up, roll down the windows, and sit back and enjoy.

iluvtodd

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Personal Favorites:

John Williams' "Summon the Heroes" (Olympic music CD from the 1996 Atlanta Olympics) & his "American Journey" (from 2002 SLC Olympics)

Robin Hood Prince of Thieves soundtrack

Mr. Holland's Opus - soundtrack & score

individual songs - Bruce Springsteen - Thunder Road, Born to Run. etc.
Bryan Adams - Summer of '69 & the whole "Reckless" CD
Beatles music
Motown
Billy Joel

& many others ...

Last edited:

Kwanford Wife

Record Breaker
I love a good road trip & music, so I hope that something on my playlist will be helpful...

Hotel California by the Eagles
Jagged Little Pill (entire album) by Alanis
Anything Miariah
All Eyes on Me by Tupac (nothing beats a good gansta rap album for a road trip)
The Black Album by Jay - Z ( a good ol' fashioned hip hop album)
Curtain Call by Eminem (greatest hits... perfect for road trips)
Wide Open Spaces by the Dixie Chicks
Love Shack by B52s
Destiny's Child #1 album
Elizabeth Town soundtrack (since its a soundtrack about a road trip ~ perfect choice)
Anything GoGos
Anything Madonna
Anything Metallica
Anything Motown

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
Grgranny said:
Bet you wouldn't like mine. Big Band :chorus: I like the ones that are :bouncy:.
Those old slow ones put you to sleep. :rofl:

considering I get giddy over Michael Buble and Frank Sinatra I think you'd be surprised to find that BIG BAND songs are some of my all time favorite songs... and I agree the bouncier the better... but I love the Sinatra ballads :)

Piel

On Edge
Record Breaker
The best of east coast and west coast but great for driving anywhere...The Beach Boys and The Four Seasons.:chorus: :chorus: :chorus:

JonnyCoop

Record Breaker
No road trip with me driving would be complete without Aretha Franklin's "Who's Zoomin' Who?". This is the album that has "Freeway of Love (Pink Cadillac)" on it, and that alone is one of the all-time great driving songs, but, really, everything else on the album works just as well.

Ileana

Rinkside
It's always more fun when you know the lyrics so I would recommend anything you love and can sing along to.

I personally like:
Ray Charles
Jem
Journey
Nirvana
Elton John