Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Dance - Free Dance

Custom Title

Dance - Free Dance

Warm-up has just ended and the 1st team is about to take the ice.

marks & placements are on the ISU site
    http://www.isufs.org/results/wjc2006/SEG013.HTM

Custom Title
    DEN Thomsen / Sorensen Start No: 1
    Notes: Music harem both in dark brown with lighter design on chest / looked like a lift didn't get up properly / S ftwrk / curve lift with her in catchfoot around his neck / low spin with both bent forward makes a really nice shape and has good speed / diag steps are ok / rot lift that went into a curve lift again with her in donut around his body - little awkward on the change from rot to curve / I didn't really get into this dance because I was still busy getting organized / 43.47 in free tot 97.85 into 1st (of course) /
    AUS O'Brien / Merriman Start No: 2
    Notes: Music: It's party time her in fushia with string skirt in V shape him in white satin shirt & pin stripe pants & suspenders / right into O ftwrk - quite well done almost all in dance hold & musical / rot lift with her upside down in catchfoot - looked very awkward - changed dir of rot / music is now business of love / S ftwrk is kind of slow / curve lift him in low pos her in catch-foot / sync twizzles he came out before her on 1st one / spin is ok / one hand rot lift - pos much like head-banger / they started out moving really well with the fast music but didn't express the middle section as well / free 48.50 tot 101.64 into 1st overall /

Custom Title
    GEO Zaikina / Japaridze Start No: 3
    Notes: Music: Georgian folk music both in wine velvet with gold band down front and around waist there's yellow insets in the underpart of the sleeves / some chor to open the program / sync twizzles are quite good / S ftwrk has nice matching pos & close holds, kind of slow / curve lift with her in (what else) catchfoot / music has changed to slower & smoother and a nice strt lift with easy transition to curve lift with her changing pos / O ftwrk was a little push & pull but quite enjoyable to watch / Rot lift with her again in catchfoot pos / 52.8 in free tot 108.62 into 1st overall /
    CZE Heroldova / Pazdera Start No: 4
    Notes: Music: The Mask, Roger Rabbit / both in bblack & white tiger strip her with day-glo orange skirt him with matching suspenders / I don't know if it's going to be a good dance, but I think I'm going to have fun with it / curve lift / O ftwrk is ok / music change to 'do right' bluesy and their mood changed very nicely with it / spin then sync twizzles in sync / strt lift into rot lift - she seemed to have a bit of trouble changing holds / music picks up again for midline steps seemed ok to me / rot lift with her upside down in catch foot / I have no idea of the difficulty but I enjoyed it / 50.77 in free new pb tot 105.31 into 2nd /

Custom Title
    UKR Saprikina / Khimich Start No: 5
    Notes: Music: Paganini's Caprice him in black with music notes across chest & back her in white shading to grey at hem / twizzles - he had problems on the 2nd set / O ftwrk was interesting & with music / one arm rot lift with her draped over his arms / spin with change of foot - front half in low pos very nice 2nd not so good (her in catchfoot) / strt lift to rot lift with her around his neck / diag ftwrk is ok - she twizzles very well and did lots of them here / 54.25 in free tot 115.62 into 1st overall /
    CZE Mysliveckova / Novak Start No: 6
    Notes: Music: Latin Rhythm, Love Song, Tango / both in black velvet with silver trim - his top has sheer shoulders / very nice speed even in midline where they're using edges to gain/keep speed /low curve lift / spin in trad pair pos - he put his free foot down early / I didn't really see the twizzles but think I caught it out of sync out of the corner of my eye / S lift with her in catchfoot resting on his legs / S ftwrk keeps up the energy of the music / rot lift similar to D&L's except he's holding her with 2 hands / it was a high energy dance - not sure if the difficulty was there / 54.57 in the free new pb tot 111.74 into 2nd overall /

Custom Title
    HUN Barta / Toth Start No: 7
    Notes: Music: Four Seasons her in silver lame with mainly illusion top / S ftwrk looks failry complex but moves quite slow / spin in trad pair sit / O ftwrk expressed the lilt of the music and seemed fairly difficult but was slow / I missed alift / music has picked up and so hads their speed / strt lift with her foot to head into rot lift that looked a little uncontrolled to me, then another rot lift that looked a little better / free 57.24 new pb tot 117.94 into 1st overall /
    GER Kolbe / Boll Start No: 8
    Notes: Music: Zorro soundtrack / her in red with black lace over it him in black with red cumberbund & stripe down leg / some nice chor at start / diag steps were good / no hands low strt lift / pause and centre ice for some chor when the music changes / I like their attitude in this their expression is good / O ftwrk was good / twizzles in sync curve lift with her in foot to head / spin was pretty / curve lift to rot lift was nice / I enjoyed this - they had the right kind of expression throughout / 57.86 in free new pb tot 120.72 into 1st overall /

Custom Title
    GBR Rogers / Jones Start No: 9
    Notes: Music: mask / her in gold him in mustard/gold pants with cream shirt / rot lift with her in donut around him changing to curve lift / twizzles looked like pretty good sync / music change for spin with change of foot & pos / diag steps were good / strt lift with now hands her leg anchored under his arms / one arm rot lift / O ftwrk is good / 53.79 in free new pb tot 109.95 into 5th overall /

Ice - make and then group 3 is up. . . sorry for the dance notes not being that great - I find the free dance the most difficult to do a play-by-play of.

Custom Title
    CHN Huang / Zheng Start No: 10
    Notes: Music: Carmina Burana (modern) both in black with silver edging & orange hanging bits on him and her skirt is red & orange - sounds awful but for some reason they work / really nice spin off the start / nice looking one arm rot lift - not fast rot but with the music / O ftwrk is timed really well with the music / twizzles in sync / set of twizzles in sync / low strt lift is good / they've slowed down a bit / more twizzles in sync - part of S ftwrk / S lift is very nice / I really enjoyed that - all of their movement and expression was right in time with the music and the lifts & highlights suited the part of the music they were at / Everything was integrated into a program - it wasn't just a series of elements / 64.73 in the free tot 132.53 into 1st overall /
    CAN Lamoureux / Mee Start No: 11
    Notes: Music: Van Helsing Vampire Slayer / her in dark red with black lace gloves him in black / O ftwrk he fell on twizzles - took them a bit to get back into it / really neat sliding turning move that I can't quite explain / lift with her upside down vertical holding onto his boot - really neat looking / twizzles are slow but think they're in sync / low curve lift / spin in low pos is very good / midline is good / strt low lift into rot lift / they were dynamic and expressed the very dramatic music well / 55.09 in the free tot 129.97 into 2nd overall /

Custom Title
    POL Budner / Moscicki Start No: 12
    Notes: Music: Scorpions medley / both in black with studs - think biker / twizzles seemed to match / S ftwrk he fell out of one of the twizzles / no hands curve lift - her resting on his bent legs / music is now gentle guitar for the spin - well done / they have the rythmn of the music but something seems missing to me / S lift / back to fast heavy music - hurricane - O ftwrk is ok / rot is fast - little awkward getting out of it / the first fast section I thought was really good but they're mood didn't change enough for the slower section and then again for the last fast section / 61.86 in free new pb tot 129.20 into 2nd overall /
    FRA Brouille / Rchaud Start No: 13
    Notes: Music: Steppe, Weather Storm, Xotica / white with grey/black tied dye or painted effect him with partial orange tshirt / weird (to my ears) music to start and suitable weird movement / twizzle set in sync / O ftwrk moves well twizzles within it in sync I think / some interesting? Moves into spin that was ok / I missed part of the lift, what I saw was good - usual her wrapped around him pos / lots of danicing in place at end of boards as Xotica starts / not sure about twizzles in midline they may have been out on the 2nd ones / rot lift into closing pose / Not sure if I liked this dance (that isn't to say that it was or wasn't good), I think maybe the odd music at the start put me off / 60.55 in free tot 126.55 into 3rd overall /

Custom Title
    ITA Spelta / Garavaglia Start No: 14
    Notes: Music: palladio, tosca / both in black him with lots of sheer hanging off his shoulders & silver collar - she has a silver choker & elbow gloves / S ftwrk is ok - nicely tied with music / twizzle set in sync / music change for strt lift him in arabesque / curve lift into rot lift is good / spin travelled quite a bit at start - nice pos though / music has picked up again - back to 1st piece / O ftwrk is moving too slow for the music even if the timing seems pretty good / I liked the opening section but after the music changed the 1st time I didn't feel that they were really with it for the rest of the program / 59.43 in the free tot 123.25 into 4th overall /

Custom Title
    EST Grunberg / Rand Start No: 15
    Notes: Music: Russian Folk Music - Bublichki / her in red folk style him in cream shirt & dark red velvet pants / spin with her in catch foot change to low sit by both - got very slow on sit / curve lift with her upside down in the good old catch foot pos / music picks up now and crowd is clapping for S ftwrk bit out of sync on a twizzle otherwise was quite good / music changes again and a bit of dancing in place / sbs spirals in catch foot then a one hand S lift with him in bent leg spread eagle / twizzles set matches as music starts to pick up again and the crowd is clapping for O ftwrk - not quite as quick as the music and a litle jerky / fast rot lift with her in catch foot / 66.63 in free tot 139.40 into 1st overall /
    CAN Hann-McCurdy / Coreno Start No: 16
    Notes: Music: carmen / him in yellow-cream blousey shirt her in black velvet with very dark red ruffle on hem / dramatic opening moves into low facing spin - good pos & speed / lift with her upside down veritcal / neat dramatic move when he sends her sliding on ice - worked with music / O ftwrk was well-timed with music and had the right kind of lilt / there was a lift I didn't really see - sorry / big change in music to march of torreodors for sync twizzles that matched well / S steps were good - I actually didn't realize they were the S steps, I thought they were just dancing (is that a good sign?) rot lift at the end with changes of pos was very good / generally I liked the dance and thought it expressed the music well but there was one part (I'd have to see it again to explain) that I thought just wasn't quite on / 66.18 in the free tot 139.55 into 1st overall /

Custom Title
    RUS Gorshkova / Tkachenko Start No: 17
    Notes: Music: Cirque du soleill / both in black & white - her with a face painted on bodice using boobs for eyes / twizzles were good & fast / they started out moving very fast with big expansive movement that matched the music / S ftwrk started to slow down about 1/2 way through / S lift was good / stop for change in music and some playing & miming at centre ice / no hands low strt lift is very good / spin in wonderful intertwined pos that I've never sen before that I couldn't even start to describe / I was so busy trying to figure out if I could describe the spin that I completely missed the O ftwrk and the rot lift that ended the program / 73.41 in the free tot 149.16 into 1st overall /
    USA Pratt / Gilles Start No: 18
    Notes: Music: House of Flying Daggers, Kodo drums / her in pink with green at the hem him in dark green / S ftwrk is very good & dynamic and matches the fast drums very well / into a pose right on beat of music / S lift is very good / spin in facing low sit is fast change to her in camel / twizzles - not sure if they got out of sync at end of 1st ones / music slows and some flowing emoting dancing / curve lift with her just bracing herself by her arms on him - hard to describe but nice lokking and I think very difficult / O ftwrk with timed with music very well / strt lift at the end was very good - entrance to it that I can't describe and then she's on his back / 74.11 in the free tot 150.16 into 1st overall /

Custom Title
    USA Samuelson / Bates Start No: 19
    Notes: Music: Electric Samurai both in brown with gold / unusual starting pos him kind of laying on her / nice expression in opening section / she had trouble on 1st twizzles he did on 2nd / real beat to music for O ftwrk and they did well with it for the 1st half - a little weaker on 2nd / S lift went on for a long time - too long? / spin is ok / diag steps are with the music & interesting / rot lift is fast with her changing pos / Overall a good program I think, but I'm not sure if I like it / free 62.57 tot 134.16 into 5th overall

Custom Title
    RUS Mikhailova / Sergeev Start No: 20
    Notes: Music: Adagio (modern) / both in very dark green with silver sequins her dress is mostly semi sheer / nice flowing moves to start/ 1st twizzles very fast & together a little out on 2nd ones / strt lift to curve with change of pos - very nice / O ftwrk expressed the music well - maybe a little slow across the ice - not sure if twizzles were quite in sync / then I missed the curve lift / S ftwrk might be very difficult but almost comes to a stop a couple of times and then he had trouble with twizzle at end of boards and fell out of it into boards / spin was quite nice / I must admit that it went by very fast and that's usually a sign of a good dance, so maybe my critisims aren't correct? Not sure -- I'd need to see it again / 78.75 in the free tot 168.41 into 1st overall /

Custom Title
    CAN Virtue / Moir Start No: 21
    Notes: Music: Malaguena her in red him in black / very fast to start / music slows for spin her in catchfoot then change to very nice sit / music picks up again for S ftwrk crowd is clapping - very good - nice medium between difficulty & speed / twizzles matched well / S lift was good / low strt lift / O ftwrk as music picks up again - very difficult and well -done / one hand rot lift / nice moves into closing pose / that one went by even faster than the last one - I think they skated that about as good as they possibly could - the other people sitting with me (non-Canadians) agree so hopefully I'm not showing too much national bias / free 82.56 tot 172.57 into 1st overall /

Custom Title
    RUS Platonova / Maximishin Start No: 22
    Notes: Music: Xotica / mostly fushia on top with gold trim & black on bottom - really dramatic costumes that I surprise myself by quite liking / slow music to start / think they were out a bit at the end of 1st twizzles - good on 2nd / spin is quite good / into S ftwrk to drums - seems slow to me and a little strained / rot lift with her upside down in catch foot / music has vocals nows and movement is smoother to match it / S lift was nice - but I can't describe it / O ftwrk seems slow too / curve lift with her upside down hooked legs around his neck / I think I like the dance, but don't this it was skated tonight as well as it could be / 77.35 in the free tot 157.59 into 3rd overall /

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast