The brilliance of Michelle Kwan | Golden Skate

The brilliance of Michelle Kwan

christinaskater

Medalist
I 've been watching videos from You tube.com lately and I've been addicted to Aranjuez and Tosca both from the Nationals! I mean i love MK so much and it makes me cry everytime i see someone give it their all and let the audience feel that incredible connection to the music! I just love her and i hope she stays in the sport! For me she is one legend that i want to still watch more masterpieces from! I want to watch the Rach program but i guess we'll have to faith till next year to see it! I love her skating, it simply brings me to tears! I mean I love Sasha, Shizuka but there is something so magical in MK!!! She pours everything, it's amazing! I just don't like Bolero.....but i love almost all her programs! No one can sell it like her!!!! When she's on she is ON! Tosca was stunning! THat step sequence was mind boggling and surreal! I miss MK!!!!

This topic scares me in the middle of a World Championship and of what can come of it. It's definitely a topic for the summer months

To make my comment short. Michelle has body language and that is where she is way above her competitors but she doesn't do 3x3s and that's what the hords of Romans scream for at the Coliseum.

nymkfan51

Medalist
So Joe ... where were these hords in Torino?

I didn't see too many 3/3's from the top contenders. ;)

R.D.

Record Breaker
nymkfan51 said:
I didn't see too many 3/3's from the top contenders. ;)

The top contenders did not need them because their fellow competitors were too busy painting the ice with their bodies. :biggrin:

*edited out controversial comment*

Last edited:

rob43

On the Ice
I recently discoverd YouTube as well. And dayum- I forgot just how good Romanza was. And as great as Lyra was it made it clear how much her spins and footwork have improved. Andthe landings at 03 & 04 nats- jeez they take me places.

Check out the Midori Ito 88 Olympic performance for a real blast. I watched it on TV and forgot just how big those jumps where.

I will leave to cry now...

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
P.S. This is MK gushing at its worst...shouldn't this sort of stuff be confined to MKF? :biggrin:[/QUOTE]

Is gushing not allowed? That was a nice post about Michelle and as a fan of hers it was nice to read.

christinaskater

Medalist
I just love you tube....but looking at the videos i was so amazed! Too many times people have counted her out, but she always came back and pushed herself to be better! It's so nice to watch Tosca and Aranjuez, I've seen both live and was entranced by her magic (Believe me the magic of MK is more incredible live)! I don't know how she does it but she entrances everyone to join her in her journey of the world of skating! I don't necessarily think since i'm happy for mk it should be placed in the MKF! I mean billions of skating fans love skating because of what she has done! To see her everyday is magical!!! Her skating is a gift from GOD!

TT said MK skates like a goddess

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
demarinis5 said:
Is gushing not allowed? That was a nice post about Michelle and as a fan of hers it was nice to read.

pay no attention to the one behind the curtain... gushing is definitely allowed lol

as for Michelle, I appreciate all that she's done to keep US Figure Skating afloat...

gio

Medalist
Michelle Kwan is my fav skater. I like every program she did (but my fav is Aranjuez). She is such an artist. This year I was really sad, when I heard that she retired from Olys. Especially because her SP was Totentanz. If she doesn't retire I hope that next year she will do Totentanz again.

graceness

Rinkside
Red Dog said:
The top contenders did not need them because their fellow competitors were too busy painting the ice with their bodies. :biggrin:

P.S. This is MK gushing at its worst...shouldn't this sort of stuff be confined to MKF? :biggrin:

C'mon, Red Dog. Aren't you the same person that posted about a dozen photos of Sasha on Leno??
Had zippo to do with skating, right? Just another celebrity all hung up on, "I LOVE attention!" (But I'll say that at least she's honest in admitting it.)

So posts about what an individual enjoys about Michelle's SKATING should be just as accepted as your numerous photos of Sasha.

Graceness
Grumpy, definitely grumpy with a sick child

R.D.

Record Breaker
Well, at least I'm not foaming at the mouth about how great she is and how she can do no wrong, etc. (mainly because I DON'T think she's all that "great" as some make her out to be). But gush, continue as you like. It was kind of a TIC joke. Obviously the Kwanfans might not have gotten too much out of that, so never mind that comment. I take it back, OK? Happy now?

Oh yeah...those photos of Sasha you're talking about? GONE. Vanished into thin air. Deleted with the rest of my Olympic posts that took so much time to make. So that's a moot point now...no more, vamoosh, right?

Last edited:

graceness

Rinkside
Red Dog said:
Oh yeah...those photos of Sasha you're talking about? GONE. Vanished into thin air. Deleted with the rest of my Olympic posts that took so much time to make. So that's a moot point now...no more, vamoosh, right?

So, whatcha sayin', Red Dog, someone deleted your posts??
Does that happen here?

graceness said:
So, whatcha sayin', Red Dog, someone deleted your posts??
Does that happen here?
No one deleted any of RD's posts. The pictures were deleted for copyright reasons. they were not RD's photos.

As for happening here? The guidelines will tell you what posts are deleted.

Joe

mzheng

Record Breaker
Joesitz said:
No one deleted any of RD's posts. The pictures were deleted for copyright reasons. they were not RD's photos.

Joe
Then I trusted that MK's photos from one of RD's thread also were deleted?

Hey, this thread is supposed to be about the brilliance of Michelle. How did it get hijacked like this?

Please put comments and recommendations about the forum itself in the feedback folder.

In the meantime, here's my contribution:

We love her 'cause she's ... I don't know,
Because she's just...our...'Chelle. ♫♪ :love: