Men - Free Program | Golden Skate

Men - Free Program

Rosaleen

Medalist
GBR David Richardson Start No: 1
Notes: Music : Four Seasons - Modern / Dark royal blue that looks purple at times top is various whades of this / I wasn't actually taking notes during his skate - was still trying to get organized (I was late getting to the rink today), but he seemed to skate quite well, landing at least a 3t & 3s along with a bunch of doubles - his spins were quite good, if maybe a little slow. He seemed to be very happy to be skating and was having a good time - I caught a number of smiles. / 83.02 in free 125.97 into 1st of course /
CHN Jinlin Guan Start No: 2
Notes: Music: Pirates of the carribean wearing black with diag 1/2 of his top in cream / 2a / 3z bit unsteady on landing and decided not to do the 2nd jump / 3f 2t might have 2ft the flip / 3l / flysit / 3s2t / some emoting chor as music slows / 3f / 2a / 3t3t hand down very tight on 2nd one / O ftwrk is very slow but musical / sit spin is fast & low with good pos / combo spin is also very good / strt steps as music is very dynamic and his steps just don't quite live up to the music / 92.66 in free tot 141.87 into 1st overall /
CZE Pavel Kaska Start No: 3
Notes: Music: Pirates of the Caribbean / black with bit of bronze down one side of chest / 3z lean fell / 3t3l very tight on landing of loop but managed to hang on to it / fly cam - I didn't really see it / 3f same kind lean as the lutz and fell / 3s / combo spin has some nice pos but isn't a really strong spin / some chor now / spread eagles are pretty / 3l2t / 2a2t / walley spread eagle / set up at end for ftwrk which isn't as dynamic as the music is demading / 3t was planned but thought I saw a 2a / 2a / O ftwrk - didn't really see it / cam ch cam is ok / 86.25 in free tot 132.82 into 2nd overall /

Rosaleen

Medalist
UKR Vitali Sazonets Start No: 4
Notes: Music: the last operal / black with open v neck one piece with gold glitter in v shape on front and back - remind me very much of a tollar costume / 3z bit shakey on landing and didn't do the 2nd jump / 3t2t / fly camel is lovely - wonderful extented pos and just the right amount of arch in his back / 1a / some chor and spread eagle into 3l hand down turnout / O ftwrk is lyrical and with music - very nice / 3 s fell weirdly on both hands / didn't really see the next spin / 3z hand down free foot down / 3s fell / strt steps are ok - think a little of the wind has gone out of his sails / combo spin to end is ok - got a little slow at the end / 74.08 in free tot 119.89 into 4th overall /
POL Mateusz Chruscinski Start No: 5
Notes: Music: Libertango Black with very dark maroon on one side chest / 3z2t / 3f had it then flipped out / 3s / back sit with variations ch sit with variations - nice pos - pretty good spin / 2a flipped out almost like he did a 1/2 loop intentionally / a bit of chor with spirals / 3z hand down 2t / strt ftwrk expressed the music / 3t heavy 2ft / flysit is ok / I'm finding this program very long / 3t fell / combo spin / O ftwrk is trying to express the music but today didn't quite do it - the steps were there but something was missing / 81.31 in free tot 128.25 into 3rd overall
FRA Kim Lucine Start No: 6
Notes: Music: Pirates (yes the 3rd pirates of this group) and it could have been more depending on which of the other weaker skaters would have made it to the free. Wearing black with red sash & dagger at hip / some chor to start / 3f2t / 3z / at least right now his speed is a step up from the previous men / fly sit is good / 3t / 3s / his jumps look good today - at least so far / jumping around at boards to set up his strt steps which just aren't quite as dynamic as the set up or the music / some emotin chor to slower music / 3l / back cam starts the combo spin - rest of spin is good but the cam pos is quite weak / 3f2t2t / 2a turnout / music builds again for O ftwrk that again just doesn't quite live up to the music / 2a2t / sit ch sit to end the program / free 97.98 new pb tot 144.46 into 1st overall

Rosaleen

Medalist
FRA Yannick Kocon Start No: 7
Notes: Music: King Aurthur dark grey with lots of silver studs on top & red collar & belt accents / some nice chor to ahhhhhs / nice 2a - easy out of nowhere / weird little hop and then a 3f - he seems to do this for all his flips - must be something to set himself up properly / 2z / 3f fell out hand down / O ftwrk - didn't really see it writing notes about his jumps tech / flysit is good / some emoting chor in front of the judges / 3l 2t / 3s2t / sitspin that was very short / 3t / strt steps to dynamic music and he makes them work - uses whole body and sells them / 2a2t / combo spin with some good pos - little trouble on back upright open leg but held it together / 83.01 in the free tot 133.99 into 3rd overall /
SWE Adrian Schultheiss Start No: 8
Notes: Music: J.M Jarre medley wearing bright blue velvet with illusions & light blue fring down one arm / 3a step out / 3a turn out / 3z2t turnout on toe / flysit - didn't really see it / 3s2t - not sure didn't see it (once you get behind, it's very hard to catch up and remember what you saw) / O ftwrk was quite good / some chor / 3l hand down / 2f / 3f / 2z fell / strt steps chor'd very well with what I would call weird music / back cam with angular pos sit ch sit / 95.32 in free tot 146.27 into 1st overall /

Rosaleen

Medalist
SUI Moris Pfeifhofer Start No: 9
Notes: Music: Vivaldi & pachobels cannon / white top with dark sleeves / 3z / 3f / travel 3s into 3l / flycam with nice catchfoot variation / 3s / diag ftwrk is slow but expresses the music well / 3t / actually he's just generally slow / camel spin with nice variations / travel 3s into 3l2t2l in exactly the same spot on ice as the last 3l (right in front of me) O ftwrk / 2a / 2a / combo spin to end the program / 98.74 in free tot 150.21 into 1st overall /
AUT Viktor Pfeifer Start No: 10
Notes: Music: Nino Rota Medley wearing black on the bottom diag white on top with purple zigzag diag / some chor to start / 4t fell / 3 tano z / flysit with variations / pause at centre ice as music changes and crowd is clapping as he does some chor / 3f wild free leg hand down / 3s2t / comb spin started out very well but got slow towards the end / some chor 3f / 3l / 3t2t / music picks up for O ftwrk & crowd is clapping - ftwrk is ok / now the strt steps / 1a / cam spin with angle variations / and the crowd lets out a big cheer as Luke (the hometown boy) steps on the ice / 99.85 in free tot 150.06 into 2nd overall /

Rosaleen

Medalist
SLO Luka Cadez Start No: 11
Notes: Music: Gladiator / brown pants with tan tunic top with brown accents / big cheers as he is announced / 3f / 3z / huge cheers from the crowd every time he lands a jump / huge fly on flysit spin / loop came out early after about 2 revs / 3t hand down / huge death drop good spin / O ftwrk moves quite well / 3s leaning in air but easliy landed / loop didn't get off ice - slid off edge on takeoff then a 2t / 2a hop 2a step out of 2nd one / combo spin - I didn't really see it / S ftwrk is ok / 3s2t just hung onto the toe / 83.7 in the free tot 132.38 into 8th overall /
USA Daisuke Murakami Start No: 12
Notes: Music: West Side Story / red short sleeve shirt with design down buttons dark pants / some chor to start to usual opening music for this type of program / 3a 2ft stumbled out think it might have been rot though / 3z / back sit ch sit with variations on both - very nice spin to 'a time for us' / 3l / gorgeous spiral he doesn't hold long enough! / 3f flippout 2t / flysit is very good / 2a as music changes to 'fight' O ftwrk matches music well / 3t2t / strt steps as music changes to america / 3z hand down pitched way forward on landing 2t / 3s / combo spin to end the program is good / 101.09 in free tot 152.70 into 1st overall /

Sylvia

Record Breaker
Thanks again, Rosaleen! I'm pretty sure "Dice" Murakami's 3axel attempt was his first-ever in competition, definitely internationally. At US Nationals, he rotated/got credit for landing 2axel and 6 triples (his two lutzes received negative GOE) but it was a great overall performance there (received 105.38 points).

Last edited:

Rosaleen

Medalist
JPN Takahito Mura Start No: 13
Notes: Music: Violin Concerto / blue velvet pants white satin shirt with blue trim / nice 3a / 3f2t / 3z2t / very nice opening / death drop with nice spin with variations / strt steps as music becomes big and the steps work very well with it / 3s / spread eagle series into pose and some chor as music has softened a bit / he's expressing the music well / 3z / 3l / back sit with edge change & variation / 3t2t / 3t or 2a didn't see it but it was landed - I just picked up Kozuka on the steps warming up and watching him / O ftwrk / flycombo spin to end the program / great program for him - he couldn't have skated it any better / 113.24 in the free new pb by 5 points tot 168.39 into 1st overall /

Rosaleen

Medalist
JPN Ryo Shibata Start No: 14
Music: Malguena - new costume top is 1/2 pink & 1/2 light purple on the diagonal - much better than it sounds / 3f2t / some chor to soft sax? / now castanets start up / 2a2t2t / 3z2t / S ftwrk moves well with the music but maybe a little empty / 3l / flycam with very nice pos & edge to donut - good speed too/ music stops and starts with slow guitar picking - leg in front spiral - nice then a beillman / 3s / and we have a very happy coach cheering down below me / camel spin to donut is very nice / 3z fell / strt steps as music picks up - well chor'd to music / 3f on bad lean fell - same spot as the z he fell on / 2a / flycam start the combo spin that ends in beillman that he fell out of / 95.93 in the free tot 151.01 into 3rd overall /
Edited to add Ryo's name

Last edited:

Rosaleen

Medalist
USA Geoffry Varner Start No: 15
Notes: Music: Conquest of Paradise, the last samurai / black with gold bands around one shoulder / a bit of chor and he moves around the end and back this way 3z 3t fell out of toe / 2a / back sit with variaitons front sit with variations - good spin / music changes & picks up / 3f2t2l / strt steps move well & chor'd to music / travel 3s into 3l fell out on a bad lean going up / 3s / there was kind of any empty spot in there with no real chor between the loop and the sal / fly combo spin is very well done - good pos & speed / 2z / 3f 1t pitched way forward on the flip and managed to hold off putting his hand down / O ftwrk - didn't really see it busy writing / 2a / death drop in to nice sit spin / free 99.18 tot 152.54 into 2nd overall /

Rosaleen

Medalist
CAN Kevin Reynolds Start No: 16
Notes: Music: Varekai, Ombra / purple top with black pants / 2a / music picks up now / 3z3t2l / his z is much better / salchow but I'm not sure if 3 or 4 think maybe a 4 because it was very close to being 2ft and he wouldn't have that problem on a 3 (and Tanja sitting next to me isn't sure either) and I missed the next part of the pgm / 3l / 2a3t / 3z / 3s2t / upright spin with foot change & pos variations - well done / O ftwrk as music is drums didn't seem to have much to it / 3f with both arms raised in happiness as he landed - which really makes me think the sal was a quad / strt steps that I didn't really / combo spin to end is excellent / by Bruno & Petra's reactions it had to be a quad / GREAT SKATE for Kevin / replay shows it was a quad and it was 2ft but it was rotated. / 112.10 in free new pb tot 165.14 into 2nd overall /

Rosaleen

Medalist
RUS Alexander Uspenski Start No 17
Music: The Bird by Kitaro black with white feather effect diagonally on top / 3a pitched way forward on landing but clean 2t / 3a - very nice / 3l 1/2 bit of trip 2l / ina into 3z that came out sideways really weird & fell / 3t2t2l / flycam with lovely layover pos - bit on slow side / nice soft lyrical melody now that I love and strt steps work very well with it, if maybe a bit slow / 3f both hands down / 2a / combo spin is well done - good pos & centered / he's moving kind of slow though / O ftwrk is good but slow / 3s hung on / combo spin to end is very good - sit pos with variations - nice speed / 104.69 in free tot 157.68 into 3rd overall

Rosaleen

Medalist
CHN Chao Yang Start No: 17
Notes: Music: Tocata & Fugue Dark Royal blue velvet with diag illusion insets
I missed the 1st part - got notes from Tanja / 3f3t / 3z2t2l / 3s fell / 3f / 2a / 3z / huge death drop with nice pos variations / there was a program there at the beginning but I just got the jump notes / O ftwrk is with the music but very slow (although the music is slow too / 2a step out / strt steps with dynamic music and the steps aren't being sold enough to match the music / camel spin at the end / 95.96 in the free tot 152.48 into 5th overall /

Rosaleen

Medalist
CAN Patrick Chan Start No: 18
Notes: Music: Guitar Concerto, Symphony #2 / black with silver bands & turqoise / a little chor to start off / 3s / huge death drop very very nice spin with variations / 3a landed on toepick both hands down but he was definitely all the way around - right in front of me / O ftwrk was good - didn't see it well enough to comment busy writing about the axel / 3z2t2l / music changes a bit nice ina / 3l / back cam great speed nice pos into donut cchg camel with bit of layover - very nice spin / 3f bit of late step out / diag steps are with music - possibly a little slow / walley 3t 3t not really pretty landing on 2nd one / 3z fell / spread eagle 2a 2t not really steady landing on toe but clean / combo spin to end the program is good / 108.65 in free tot 168.19 into 2nd overall /

Rosaleen

Medalist
FRA Yannick Ponsero Start No: 20
Notes: Music: Le Lacs De Conemara black with shades of blue on shoulder & down one leg / 3a / there was some chor at the start but I was posting Patrick / 4t was so easy if I didn't know it was a quad I would have thought it was a triple / music picks up and all of the French team behind me is clapping / 3z fell / 3l / flysit is fast with good pos & centering / and there was a sit spin planned that I didn't see if he did it / spread eagle into 3a on a really bad lean step out / 2f 1/2l 2s - not really sure except that the 1st jump was only a double / combo spin is very nice / 3s both hands down and the crowd behind me is really clapping to encourage him / O ftwrk is quite good - with the music / 2a had it then slid off the edge and fell / strt steps are good and the French up behind me just completely defalted at the fall on the 2a / . 107.98 in the free tot 170.97 1st overall /

Rosaleen

Medalist
GER Peter Liebers Start No: 21
Notes: Music: Cool Runnings Orange top with ruffle that's awful / popped axel to single / 3f / fly cam is on the weak side / 3z bit low on landing but clean / 3l hung on to landing / S ftwrk is ok - with the music / 2a / music picks up again and the crowd is clapping and some chor into strt steps that are fun and with the music / 3t2t / combo spin with some nice variations / 3s2t with a bit of weird landing on toe / didn't really see the sit spin / 1a into closing pose / 92.66 in free tot 150.33 into 10th /

Rosaleen

Medalist
RUS Sergei Voronov Start No: 22
Notes: Music: Variations by Danova black with red sparkles on vest white sleeves & peach ruffle on front of v / 3z / 3a high clean / 3l / none of the landings so far have been pretty but they've been clean / flip didn't gett off the ice - singled / I think I missed the O ftwrk before the music changed & slowed / spread eagle in full circle is very nice / 3a2t2l / upright spin with variations including A / butterfly back sit is well done / 2a / music is building 3t3t / strt ftwrk is a bit slow but musical / coach Urmanov said something to him as he came around this end of the boards / 3s / combo spin is good / free 115.26 new pg tot 172.92 into 1st overall /

Rosaleen

Medalist
USA Stephen Carriere Start No: 23
Notes: Music: Once Upon a Time in Mexico / burgundy top & brown pants / 3s / 3a / 3z2t / strt steps are with the music & use whole body - nicely done / combo spin has excellent sit pos & speed rest is quite good but the sit stands out / music changes & slows & a bit of chor / 3f - very nice air pos - neat feet / 3l / 3f2t / flysit is good / a bit of chor (for a second) S ftwrk is with music but I think a little simple / 3z hand down free foot down / 2a2t / flysit spin to end the program / 112.25 in the free tot 169.14 into 3rd overall /