Sasha cheering thread -- she's the top! | Golden Skate

Sasha cheering thread -- she's the top!

roundboypete

Rinkside
(Inspired b Joesitz and Olderbear on the other thread.)

You're the top!
You're Yamaguchi's style.
You're the top!
You're Gordeeva's smile.
You're a holiday, you're a triple A by Mao!
You're Tarasova's mink,
You're Katarina's wink,
You're super WOW!

You're a Hamill wedge, you're a grand piano,
You're the B.O. edge on a Lutz by 'Tano.
At Calgary, now here's the key, don't stop!
And baby, stay off your bottom,
'Cause you're the top!

You're the top!
You're Camille's beak.
You're the top!
You're Irina's cheeks.
You're a Browning clown, you're a Vera gown in red!
You're a red hot date,
You're Plushenko's great,
big funny head!

You're an Ina Bauer, you're a Beaver Cleaver,
You're the Eiffel Tower, you’re Playoff Fever,
It's your destiny to beat the C.O.P. -- or Cop!
So baby, stay off your bottom,
You're the top!

:p

Ravyn Rant

Totally 80s Dance Party!
Medalist
Another good one! I've been playing with REM's "Stand"...you know, "Stand, Sasha Cohen and win..."
:)
xoxo
Rave

ladysarahchatto

On the Ice
roundboypete said:
(Inspired b Joesitz and Olderbear on the other thread.)

So baby, stay off your bottom,
You're the top!

:p

:rofl: That is one of the BEST lines ever!! I'm loving it!!

Come on Sasha!!!

Think VERTICAL girl!! :biggrin: Bring that World Title back to the USA!! :rock:

sk8addict

On the Ice
either way

You're on top wether you do it or not. There has never been a better skater & we will love your skating if you win or not.

John King

Final Flight
"Marathon"(Lyrics by Neil Peart)

It's not how fast you can go
The force that goes into the flow
If you can keep up the beat
You can forget about the heat
More than just survival
More than just a flash
More than just a dotted line
More than just a dash

It's a test of ultimate will
The heartbreak climb uphill
Got to pick up the pace
If you want to stay in the race
More than blind ambition
More than simple greed
More than a finish line
Must feed this burning need

From first to last
The peak is never passed
Something always fires the light
That gets in your eyes
One moment's high
As glory rolls on by
Light a streak of lightening
That flashes and fades
In the summer sky

Your meters may overload
You can rest at the side of the road
You can miss a stride
But nobody gets a free ride
More than high performance
More than just a spark
More than just the bottom line
Or a lucky shot in the dark
--In the long run

You can do a lot in a lifetime
If you don't burn out too fast
You can make the most of a distance
First you need endurance
First you have to last.....

John King

Final Flight
Sasha!

I saw her in practice,just a few feet away at times!Dressed in a black bodysuit,went easy on the jumps,but displayed the flexibility she has become known for.

Dodhiyel

Final Flight
The Divine Sasha

Yes, for me, Sasha is "The Top", with or without medals. She brings something to Ladies' figure skating that it always needs, sheer exquisiteness.

Amid all the things for which praise and points are given, exquisiteness has no specified value, but most people know it when they see it.

The great thing is, that for all the beauty of her positions, she does not avoid athletic difficulty; she embraces it, working to master new things as they are required. She always has skated rather quickly, as compared to some who set up their jumps more cautiously, and I think that has, at times, cost her an error or a fall. Still, her combination of gallant attack and sheer beauty of element execution, has attracted the admiration of many, including that of Peggy Fleming. Sasha is the very embodiment of the extremely difficult made beautiful, certainly one of the main goals of Ladies Figure Skating.

Of course I hope she wins, but whether she does or not, for me she will remain the lady I love to watch, The Divine Sasha. :)

Longhornliz

Final Flight
Dodhiyel said:
Yes, for me, Sasha is "The Top", with or without medals. She brings something to Ladies' figure skating that it always needs, sheer exquisiteness.

Amid all the things for which praise and points are given, exquisiteness has no specified value, but most people know it when they see it....Of course I hope she wins, but whether she does or not, for me she will remain the lady I love to watch, The Divine Sasha. :)

I went out for drinks with a few of my guy friends last week and they were asking me how I was handling my olympic withdrawls... they then (unprovoked) talked about how beautifully they thought sasha skated, and that they thought just by watching that she was 100% more talented than anyone else there, and that falling wasnt a big deal to them. Odd reaction I though, especially considering these fellas never watch skating. I thought they would feel like the person with the most technical content is the best... even without any background in skating they could SEE how good she is.

Thanks to the last two posters! I am a little overwhelmed by the Sasha-bashing on this site. Maybe because she has those natural gifts of beauty, artistry, flexibility, and musicality that no amount of sheer work can acquire. And yes, she added hard work to the mix, with an inner drive to perfect herself.

I'm sick of hearing people dump on her as if she were a loser! I mean, really! We should all be such "losers."

It seems there are a lot of miserable souls in the skating-fan world. Personally, I respect all the skaters for their years of effort, I'm grateful for those brief glimpses of beauty and perfection that they work so hard for, and I think it is petty to try to elevate one skater (or yourself) by putting down another one. It just doesn't work that way.

PS: Go, Sasha!!!!!

R.D.

Record Breaker
Thanks to the last two posters! I am a little overwhelmed by the Sasha-bashing on this site. Maybe because she has those natural gifts of beauty, artistry, flexibility, and musicality that no amount of sheer work can acquire. And yes, she added hard work to the mix, with an inner drive to perfect herself.

That's what a gush thread like this is for. All the Sasha fans can come together and remark on how great they think she is.

But in all other threads, anything goes. I find the comments about her constructive- for the most part- so if you have a problem with these comments you probably should be on her fan site. JMO