Eurosport audio coverage (North America) | Golden Skate

Eurosport audio coverage (North America)

Anke G

Rinkside
For those of us in North America who don't get live TV coverage and who aren't going to watch Russian TV streaming video, there's the Eurosport audio feed.
(For those who want to try Russian online TV (for a fee), search for RTV threads at http://sports.groups.yahoo.com/group/SkateFans/messages for more info.)

www.eurosport.com (click on "Live Audio" in the LiveScore box):

Monday
12:30pm ET/9:30am PT Men's Qualifying (morning group)
4:30pm ET/1:30 pm PT Pairs SP

Tuesday
2pm ET/11am PT CD

Wednesday
9:30am ET/6:30am PT Men's SP (highlights)
4:15pm ET/1:15pm PT Pairs FS

Thursday
12:30pm ET/9:30am PT OD

Friday
5am ET/2am PT Men's FS (highlights)
12:30pm ET/9:30am PT Ladies' SP

Saturday
5am ET/2am PT FD (highlights)
2pm ET/11am PT Ladies' FS

Sunday
6pm ET/3pm PT Gala
(Note that ESPN is showing the Gala on Sunday from 4:30pm ET/1:30pm PT)

I hope I got these times right, but there's no guarantee. :) Eurosport sometimes joins the event in progress, so they'll miss some skaters and don't always go back to show them during resurfacing...

CBC in Canada has coverage all seven days (generally 8pm every night except on Saturday it's 3pm ET/12noon PT). Check your local listings.

ESPN has coverage Thursday-Sunday (Thu-Fri 7:30pm ET/4:30pm PT; Sat. 5:30pm ET/2:30pm PT; Sun. 4:30pm ET/1:30pm PT). Check your local listings.

Let the skating begin (I'm not going to get anything done this week)!

Anke G.

Jasper

Final Flight
Thanks for the eurosport audio feed!

But CCTV-5 worked well for me at the Olympics and I'm gonna try watching their live feed this week:

Schedule for CCTV5

Again, all Beijing times.

3/21
5:40-9:00 Pairs SP

3/22
2:05 Dance CD
6:40-8:30 Men SP
12:30-14:25 Dance CD (repeat)

3/23
5:30-8:55 Pairs LP

3/24
2:00 Dance OD
7:30-10:45 Men LP

3/25
2:00 Ladies SP
13:25-15:00 Dance FD

3/26
13:05-14:00 Ladies LP

You can access CCTV-5 by downloading PP Live or sopcast. No fee like with the Russian TV.

braulio

Spectator
Eurosport on TVAnts

Hi friends

I've been searching and found this kind of 'new' p2p program that allows you to see eurosport (i think it's dannish) but i could be wrong, the important thing is eurosport.

I think that you may take a look on this and see if it could work for you, for me it has been working, i must advice that this channel depends on the person who puts eurosport on the tracker of tvants so it might could be during all week or could be off during some days, I dont know, i just pass this information hoping some people could benefit with it

also i must say that the commentary is not english, and also the quality of the stream is not that great, is stable but at a bitrate of 150 kbs, so is less quality than many others or like cctv5 on pplive. but hey!! we can live with this right?!!

I will put this link with the software to install on your pc

www.tvants.com/download/TvantsSetup.exe

To tune and see the channel you can do one of this two:

1)Once you install it, you must run this link, copy and paste on your browser

tvants://www.tvants.com/tvants/?k=c8f6bb43996c2340

(copy/paste on your browser as it is wroten)

2) Or simply once you run the tvants program, go to the label named 'search' (second label from left to right) scroll down, and then you will see a channel named "Soccer Addict" double click on it.

On both cases, a small window will pop up, it says something like enter a username and password or something like that, ignore and click cancel.

Then a black window will appear, that will be the browser on wich you will see in couple of minutes (depending your speed) eurosport. Again it will be up of the quality of the stream how stable it will be, I cant guarantee nothing but its up to you to try.

This TVAnts software is 50/50 reliable as the channels they put are constantly changing, but i hope that since the person who is putting the signal on the tvants tracker likes soccer he will maintain the stream up for a long time (as long as the soccer season goes on).

So friends, best of luck to you all, I dont know if this will work well, but its better if i share this with you than to keep to myself.

I did the same with pplive and cctv5 and we had tremendous luck with it, so hopefully this tvants can work the same.

Good luck!!

dwiggin3

Final Flight
I'm having a hard time connecting to Eurosport. I'm in America. When I go to the main Eurosport page and log in, there is a box to the upper right that says "live score" and lists whats live, comming up ect. to the right of it, is a link called "listen live" with an symbol next to it. I click on that and a new window opens called "media Center" at the bottom are picutres of girls (not naughty ones). The box looks like it has a small tv screen on it and I press play and all it does is buffer for a while then stop. I don't get anything. Am I in the wrong spot?

Jasper

Final Flight
dwiggin3 said:
I'm having a hard time connecting to Eurosport. I'm in America. When I go to the main Eurosport page and log in, there is a box to the upper right that says "live score" and lists whats live, comming up ect. to the right of it, is a link called "listen live" with an symbol next to it. I click on that and a new window opens called "media Center" at the bottom are picutres of girls (not naughty ones). The box looks like it has a small tv screen on it and I press play and all it does is buffer for a while then stop. I don't get anything. Am I in the wrong spot?

Yep, I've been getting the same exact thing! A small TV screen that keeps buffering and I haven't gotten any sound. I've always had problems figuring out eurosport audio. I finally gave up.

I also tried braulio's tvants thing (thankyou, btw) and it is okay but very very choppy with a lot of interuptions to the connection. Not really worth watching.

Anke G

Rinkside
dwiggin3 said:

Sounds like you did everything right. Unfortunately, as far as I can tell, the English feed of Eurosport wasn't working Monday. The German, French, and Russian feeds were working, but I didn't get the Italian or Spanish feed either.

I hope they get it fixed soon!

Jhar55

Medalist
tried eurosport during the olympics and all I could get was the page where you could read what was going on because I could get any sound, and that 's all I am getting for worlds.

Jasper

Final Flight
Jhar55 said:
tried eurosport during the olympics and all I could get was the page where you could read what was going on because I could get any sound, and that 's all I am getting for worlds.

Same for me. I only got eurosport sound for the Ice Dance FD and that was it! But CCTV-5 is showing a lot of the competition live the next few days. :)

katymay

Medalist
Thank you for the TVAnts program -it worked really well for me today (better then cctv-5-I might have low broadband). I can't imagine how you discovered this station, or the coverage, but thank you. One problem is I wish I knew their schedule -you can also get cctv5 from tvants.

katymay

Medalist
I watched the long program (all of it) using your tvants and "soccer addict"-I don't have cable, so I just want to say I appreciate the great advice-also, I got to see all the programs. I even started to laugh at the woman doing the announcing (Sasha: oh yah.....oh veh....) and wonder what language it was in. (She got really excited during Kimmies program). I never would have discovered this on my own, so I appreciate the heads up! CCTV-5 is okay, but I have problems with it from time to time-tvants worked much better.