what to ask? | Golden Skate

what to ask?

I am making a skating doumentary for school and was wondering if anyone had any ideas on what to ask other skaters, skating moms, and skating coaches. I would really appreciate it!

Also if you have something that you think would be a good idea to add into it or include in it i would love to hear it!!

anything_for_skating

Final Flight
Really?
I am making something like that,too! It is for...how to explain...well like a competitin between schools and children are making 10 min movies. I decied that to be about skating! OK, right now I'm gonna be late for school, but I'll post something when I get back!
Mila:p

Mrs Redboots

On the Ice
If other people are doing it - as in Anything's case - it might be an idea to focus on some of the less "usual" skaters - all the little girls with mothers will want to be the next Sasha or Michelle, and why not! But there might be some older people who skate regularly - ask them why, and what their goals are. There might be people with a disability who still skate - again, ask them what their goals are. Make it a little bit different from the usual "I-want-to-go-to-the-Olympic-games" scenario!

We adult skaters don't tend to want to do that - but you might want to ask, say, why we started skating, and what we get out of it, and what our ultimate aims are.

Hope this helps.

anything_for_skating

Final Flight
Yeah, it's a good idea...
Maybe on the beggining you could say something about skating history, ISU history...
You could ask coaches how hard is to work with ambicious parents, and how hard is to explain to litle children that they fall dow, they must get up-and try again...
Take a video on the practice, so people can see what is going on there...

SeaniBu

Record Breaker
Make an Impression

Start by asking "everyday" people what they think, like or feel about skating in general - Human interest.
Do not ask "what was your favorite?" This isn't about the person you are interviewing. Go more for the "what do you think makes skating...(this way viewer can associate rather than agree) or how do everyday viewers get more involved?" "Do you need to know all the moves names?" Just sug.s
Then start going into the History a touch and create some interest to what figure skaters go through to reach the level they are at. An always interesting point is how "Danger and Beauty are combined into the only sport that truly achieves so many elements of performance, personal expression and athletics into a single event."

Also a Apple with Mac OSX iMovie can be a very wonderful friend. A good trick I use is to have historic pics travel across the screen as the newer video plays - people really love this. You will always find juxtaposition in thought provoking movies no matter the length. And if you can, shoot and use video that can be letter boxed. This gives the impression it was made for the big screen.

And way to pick the best topic I can think of!