Mens Qualifying Group B | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Mens Qualifying Group B

Jasper

Final Flight
Joubert went back to Matrix?! Wow.

And I saw that horrific fall by Evan. He landed hard on his side. Did he get credit for the quad, though?

EvanLysacekFan

On the Ice
slutskayafan21 said:
Yes so you want the best skater here, who unlike some others does not benefit from having his federation buy his scores for him, to screw up and have a mediocre performance from one of your favorites to win by default. Yes that would be great for skating. :rofl:

Doesn't everyone want their favorites to win? And Federations don't buy scores, I refuse to believe that.

You wouldn't have replied to my post if my favorite were anyone but Evan. Your hatred of him is really ridiculous.

EvanLysacekFan

On the Ice
Jasper said:
Joubert went back to Matrix?! Wow.

And I saw that horrific fall by Evan. He landed hard on his side. Did he get credit for the quad, though?

No, he didn't. He should have, but he didn't.

slutskayafan21

Match Penalty
EvanLysacekFan said:
Doesn't everyone want their favorites to win? And Federations don't buy scores, I refuse to believe that.

You wouldn't have replied to my post if my favorite were anyone but Evan. Your hatred of him is really ridiculous.

Federations dont buy scores. LOL! So you think even the Russian federation does not(even if you somehow believe the French, American, and others dont as well).

Yes I would have replied to your post no matter who you are. Wanting better skaters to screw up since you know it the only chance your favorites have is poor taste. It would be like me cheering for Plushenko to get injured and fall multiple times so Stephane or Jeff could win an event, poor taste.

EvanLysacekFan

On the Ice
slutskayafan21 said:
Yes I would have replied to your post no matter who you are. Wanting better skaters to screw up since you know it the only chance your favorites have is poor taste. It would be like me cheering for Plushenko to get injured and fall multiple times so Stephane or Jeff could win an event, poor taste.

I never said that I hope Lambiel chokes because I want Evan to win. Learn to read.

It's amazing. I post on all kinds of different boards but trolls like you are always present.

slutskayafan21

Match Penalty
EvanLysacekFan said:
I never said that I hope Lambiel chokes because I want Evan to win. Learn to read.

One wont happen without the other, that has nothing to do with Lysacek hatred. It is rational thinking. You live in your own little planet if you think Evan would ever beat Stephane without some help from the Swiss, and even moreso he will do it from 6 points behind already.

It's amazing. I post on all kinds of different boards but trolls like you are always present.

It takes one to know one.

slutskayafan21

Match Penalty
Anyway back to normalcy here I dont like that they count qualifying round scores under this new system. There are different sets of judges for both qualifying rounds and the judges dont neccessarily score the same way so it makes it unfair. It is obvious looking at the scores from the two pools Pool A gave out scores more freely than Pool B. The womens competition might face the same thing.

M

mars

I am surprise Oda got such low pcs considering from what i heard he skated very well. I wonder why?

slutskayafan21

Match Penalty
Oda needs his federation to pay for scores for him like the Ukranians do for Grushina/Goncharov, like the American do for Cohen and Lysacek, like the French do for Joubert, and like the Russians do for almost their entire team. Then he will get the PCS he deserves.

M

mars

LOL.
I dont know about the Joubert and the Russian team, but Evan's pcs was really way high for his performance yesterday. I saw his qualifying program and the first two minute thats half of his program was mess up due to his quad attempt (which was clearly underrotated) he made four mistakes yet he still have higher pcs than oda.
Regarding to Sasha (not sasha fan, an arakawa fan) for her olys performance i dont really think she was held up, she make the two mistake but the rest of her program was good unlike evan.

rain

Record Breaker
slutskayafan21 said:
Oda needs his federation to pay for scores for him like the Ukranians do for Grushina/Goncharov, like the American do for Cohen and Lysacek, like the French do for Joubert, and like the Russians do for almost their entire team. Then he will get the PCS he deserves.

I can't believe I'm even wading into this, but here goes....

I'm not going to comment on the whole "buying PCS" thing, but just a note about Oda.
In my opinion, he deserves lower PCS scores than many of the men out there. He is still a very juniorish looking skater who doesn't connect much with his music and fails to interpret. Also, some of his basic skills are just not on the level of the other senior men yet. Give him time and I don't doubt he'll get there, but at this point he still looks VERY young and unpolished out there.

Kwanford Wife

Record Breaker
EvanLysacekFan said:
I have to say that I hope Lambiel chokes some, because I don't want another dominating skater.

:banging: :banging: :banging:

When will people understand that the best way NOT to have a dominating skater is for other skaters to step up their game & win...

I am a little bit baffled by this "buying PCS" thing. The Swiss franc is up to 77 cents U.S. That's almost as much as a Canadian dollar (86 cents). Why can't the Swiss federation pony up like everyone else?

Antman, that's an interesting analysis of Yagudin's versus Joubert's mind set.

Actually, I had just the opposite reaction to the Yagudin's footwork. The first time I saw Winter I thought, WOW, that's the greatest footwork sequence I ever saw! It was so-o-o original (as it seemed to me then). And I loved it anew when Michelle Kwan copied it (without the toe-pick dancing) for Aranjuez.

(IMHO this was the key to the new Michelle. Not that there was anything wrong with the key to the old Michelle -- her inside-outside smiral -- but, you know, what have you done for me lately?)

It wasn't until later, when everyone and his great aunt Tildy was flocking to Morozov to become the next Yagudin, that I started to ask myself, yes, but is it really skating? What about edges and flow and all that sort of thing?

MM

antmanb

Record Breaker
EvanLysacekFan said:

I think that yes off course eveyone wants their favourite to win, but i don't think everyone wants the other skaters to mess up so that their favourite wins. That, to me, seems like a pretty extreme desire. I've said it before and i'll sy it again, anyone who wishes someone skate badly has to be a bit of a moron...and i know the last time i said this was to slutskayafan...so what goes around comes around i guess!

Ant

antmanb

Record Breaker
slutskayafan21 said:
Federations dont buy scores. LOL! So you think even the Russian federation does not(even if you somehow believe the French, American, and others dont as well).

You did say something to that effect around the Olympics. It wasn't about the men though cos i remeber telling you the exact same thing!!! Your tune has changed somewhat!

Ant

antmanb

Record Breaker
EvanLysacekFan said:

No what you actually said was:

EvanLysacekFan said:
I have to say that I hope Lambiel chokes some, because I don't want another dominating skater.

and then as a justification for making that statement you said:

EvanLysacekFan said:
Doesn't everyone want their favorites to win?

I therefore understood your statement to be all about wanting Lysacek to win by having Lambiel "choke".

Ant

antmanb

Record Breaker
Mathman said:
Antman, that's an interesting analysis of Yagudin's versus Joubert's mind set.

Actually, I had just the opposite reaction to the Yagudin's footwork. The first time I saw Winter I thought, WOW, that's the greatest footwork sequence I ever saw! It was so-o-o original (as it seemed to me then). And I loved it anew when Michelle Kwan copied it (without the toe-pick dancing) for Aranjuez.

(IMHO this was the key to the new Michelle. Not that there was anything wrong with the key to the old Michelle -- her inside-outside smiral -- but, you know, what have you done for me lately?)

It wasn't until later, when everyone and his great aunt Tildy was flocking to Morozov to become the next Yagudin, that I started to ask myself, yes, but is it really skating? What about edges and flow and all that sort of thing?

MM

I agree about th winter footwork being total masterpiece and most of the toe pick steps were fine, it was the set where he stops completely and then stabbed his pics alternately into the ice in a circle, like he trying to see off a beetle that i thought were unneccessary. I must say i thin the writers of CoP probbaly looked at that footwork sequence and wrote it up as the highest level footwork because that has everything in it.

I laughed at the change edge "smiral"!!! I hadn't heard that before - excellent!

I totally agree about the overdone morozov footwork...my great aunt Tidy certainly butchered some footwork!!

Ant