Men's Short Program Start Order Up | Golden Skate

Men's Short Program Start Order Up

Bruin714

On the Ice
Bad draw for Weir. Although he is 6th place coming into the Short, he's not in the last group. Klimkin got lucky; he's in 8th place, yet he got a good draw, skating in the last group.

Jaana

Record Breaker
Country
Finland
I think that Lysacek for a good draw as he is skating as first in the final group. It is ridiculous that Klimkin as the 8th skater scorewise is in the last group, but those are the rules, aren´t they? Or am I missing something?

blackrose050

Rinkside
Bruin714 said:
Bad draw for Weir. Although he is 6th place coming into the Short, he's not in the last group. Klimkin got lucky; he's in 8th place, yet he got a good draw, skating in the last group.

That has nothing to do with the draw, The top 3 from each qualifying group automatically made the final group for the SP. Johnny was fourth in his group, but Klimkin was third in his.

soogar

Record Breaker
Jaana said:
I think that Lysacek for a good draw as he is skating as first in the final group. It is ridiculous that Klimkin as the 8th skater scorewise is in the last group, but those are the rules, aren´t they? Or am I missing something?

Well at least Klimkin didn't fall on his a$$ like some of the skaters above him. I'm stunned that Evan beat Klimkin with those falls. Though I will say that Klimkin taking choreo out of a program that already was quite spare isn't doing him any favors. I hope Klimkin can nail all those jumps and medal.

antmanb

Record Breaker
Jaana said:

Is this a new rule? Am i misremembering but didn't Kwan benefit at some point from the groups being sorted by points....wasn't she in 4th in her qualifying group but because of the points got to skate in the alst groups for the SP?

Perhaps i've just lost the plot?

Ant

slutskayafan21

Match Penalty
soogar said:
Well at least Klimkin didn't fall on his a$$ like some of the skaters above him. I'm stunned that Evan beat Klimkin with those falls. Though I will say that Klimkin taking choreo out of a program that already was quite spare isn't doing him any favors. I hope Klimkin can nail all those jumps and medal.

Klimkin is hated by the judges. No matter what he does he wont medal. In a fair world he would have been 2nd in qualifying.

soogar

Record Breaker
slutskayafan21 said:
Klimkin is hated by the judges. No matter what he does he wont medal. In a fair world he would have been 2nd in qualifying.

I don't know why Klimkin is hated by the judges. He's the top Russian there. Though I will say that Klimkin is skating far below his potential. Evan had more choreo in his program than Klimkin.

Jasper

Final Flight
I really like Ilia, but his current choreography is rather weak and he had more complete programs a couple years ago before his injury. Also, unfortunately some of his elements like his spins just don't give him the points he needs in this system even though they are unique and wonderful.

CDMM1991

Medalist
Yes it should have. They're probably just a few minutes off schedule. It's only fifteen minutes past the strat time of the event. I wonder how Jeff's skating last will be positive or negative for his mindset. He's usually pretty consistent in the SP anyway, so he should be fine.

EvanLysacekFan

On the Ice
Is there a live stream of this anywhere? CCTV-5 maybe? I can't find a link to it, it would be nice if these sites were in English. ;)

EvanLysacekFan

On the Ice
1 Trifun ZIVANOVIC SCG 81.61 14 1
2 Karel ZELENKA ITA 80.41 13 2
3 Igor MATSIPURA SVK 75.11 13 4
4 Jamal OTHMAN SUI 75.06 14 3
5 Ari-Pekka NURMENKARI FIN 72.56 15 5

The Serbian was good, but he's an American. He doesn't even speak Serbian, lol.

EvanLysacekFan

On the Ice
1 Ivan DINEV BUL 87.96
2 Kristoffer BERNTSSON SWE 82.10
3 Trifun ZIVANOVIC SCG 81.61
4 Shawn SAWYER CAN 81.03
5 Karel ZELENKA ITA 80.41
6 Igor MATSIPURA SVK 75.11
7 Jamal OTHMAN SUI 75.06
8 Ari-Pekka NURMENKARI FIN 72.56

:frown:

EvanLysacekFan

On the Ice
Griazev is hot. He gets really big air on his jumps, too.

I guess I'll stop talking to myself now and just post some scores. :think: