Compulsory Dance | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Compulsory Dance

#1Kerryfan

Final Flight
CDMM1991 said:
http://www.isufs.org/results/wc2006/SEG011.HTM

It's about halfway through. Verrrrrrry interesting. Dubreuil and Lauzon ahead of Tanith and Ben, and Delobel and Sheonfelder. The only people that will challenge them left to skate are Denkova and Staviski. I expect there will be lots of movement, because the compulsories usually have pretty close scores, and Tanith and Ben's strongest portion is definitely the OD. So I guess we'll just have to see! I think the judges are prepared to give Dubreuil and Lauzon the gold, if Tanith and Ben make enough mistakes for it to be justified.

CDMM
I hope Tanith and Ben win gold.

slutskayafan21

Match Penalty
chuckm said:
I think you are forgetting about two young teams who won the Jr. World Championship back to back: Matthews/Zavozin and Virtue/Moir. I do not see that DomShabs will have JUST B/A to contend with in Vancouver.

Why should Domnina/Shabalin be considered competitive in future years with the three young North American teams anyway? There is nothing that special about them, they are a nice team, but they dont have that much potential at all.

Jasper

Final Flight
I also love the young Mathews/Zavozin and Virtue/Moir. To me, the American team is more sophisticated and developed to this point with better expression, but Virtue/Moir are technically very strong and will improve too.

I don't see much special to this point with Domnina/Shabalin, but then again I didn't really see Navka/Kostomarov as that special compared to some of their "lower" competition.

antmanb

Record Breaker
Lanie said:
Baah, why does my fave dance team get screwed over all the time? GO KERRS!

I know...a russian couple that have never done better than them in the compulsories now suddenly does? Must have something to do with Navka Kostemarov retiring and the Russians being pushed up.

Ant

Saundy

On the Ice
Go Dubreil and Lauzon! :clap: It would be great to end their careers on a high note! That is if they're still retiring...

anniemg

Rinkside
We'll see what happens in the OD(hopefulle not like at the Olys, with people falling all over the place) but for me, D/St have the best fd. Then comes Del/S and D/L. I'd really like to see the Bulgarians take 1st place at least in the fd.

And I'm the only one in the board who does'nt want B/A to get gold.:) I just think the other teams are better.Plus, they will retire soon, whereas B/A will stick around. It's not their time yet!!!!!!!

Jasper

Final Flight
anniemg said:
We'll see what happens in the OD(hopefulle not like at the Olys, with people falling all over the place) but for me, D/St have the best fd. Then comes Del/S and D/L. I'd really like to see the Bulgarians take 1st place at least in the fd.

And I'm the only one in the board who does'nt want B/A to get gold.:) I just think the other teams are better.Plus, they will retire soon, whereas B/A will stick around. It's not their time yet!!!!!!!

I agree. Belbin/Agosto's time is still to come, and I'd rather see older and unappreciated teams on their way out get the recognition they deserve. I think D/V have the best FD, but Del/Sch, Den/Sta, and D/L are also incredibly beautiful and entertaining in that phase.

Saundy

On the Ice
anniemg said:

Nope, you're not alone.
I think they have a few years ahead of them yet. I am also not a big B/A fan. They just don't do anything for me. Call me crazy, but that's how I feel.
Although, I DO think that the best team should win whoever they are and whatever their ages.

coolio

Rinkside
Saundy said:
Go Dubreil and Lauzon! :clap: It would be great to end their careers on a high note! That is if they're still retiring...
End?...my gut feellng tells me that if they win the gold, they may stay for awhile for Vancouver 2010.

rain

Record Breaker
Totally have all my fingers and toes crossed for D/L! I would love to see them win this. They have the best FD of the lot, IMO, so they just need to stick close in the OD. Terrible draw for them though. They're the only ones of the top five skating in the second to last group as opposed to the last group. Hope they don't get lost in the shuffle.