Rudy G. was sooooo rude! | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Rudy G. was sooooo rude!

SusanBeth

Final Flight
antmanb said:
Jesus woman - you're obsessed ...where in that post was the US mentioned???

Ant

Lol I goofed! I read it as US competitive typists instead of us. Sorry! I was kidding anyway. I didn't know there were competitive typists. I thought US competitive typists was just pulled out of the air.

BTW, I try to take criticism in the spirit intended. If you respect this country and want to discuss her many faults, I could join in with no problem.

No, no, no. Us is right. Between us. :laugh:

Anyway, Ant, both Numberscruncher and SesanBeth are just kidding around here. :)

Ravyn Rant

Totally 80s Dance Party!
Medalist
Competitive Typing?

Hey, I could do that! When's the next competition, I want to try out for the team.
Unless my synchronized chair dance team pulls it together, of course. ;)
xoxo
Rave

mganders

Rinkside
It seemed to me that the young woman in question was a perfectly normal weight, but that she would probably look slimmer in another kind of outfit. I didn't hate what she wore, but I remember thinking at the time that she might choose something for competition that would flatter her figure.

I also found some of the other comments disturbing, and felt that laughing openly at a competitor went beyond the pale.

Kristi and Elvis, I hope, were mortified.

Numbers Cruncher

Rinkside
Team sports

Well, since this thread is totally digressing into silliness count me in. We've been much too serious.

I wanna be on the synchro chair team! What are we gonna wear? Do we compete against synchro skateboarders or other chair teams? Cool.

:rofl:

NC

gkelly

Record Breaker

jazzpants

Spectator
Mathman said:
If you turn the sound way up on the first couple of performances you can make out some drums playing. It got somewhat better after that (although the music selection was dreadful)
Trust me!!! They weren't skating to any music!

Case in point: if you have a VCR tape of the show, flip back to the beginning to Emanuele's program. He was clearly skating to "West Side Story", not this "heavy drum" doom and gloom music they were playing in the background and they were still playing it after the buzzer went off... Why??? I have absolutely NO CLUE!!! Maybe they know the show is flat and they wanted to liven things up a bit? :confused:

And I don't even want to THINK about how they put 12 skaters on that tiny little rink for warmup. At the very least, put about 4 at a time!!! :eek:

BTW: You are talking to the 2 time Olympic "armchair figure skating gold medalist." No one to date can beat my finger to the pause and fast forward buttons of the VCR faster than me for this show! No one!!! :biggrin: :laugh: ;)

This show is getting slimier and slimier by the minute. I'm not sure I wanna watch it now... but I promised myself (and Em) that I would watch it. (So I'll just simply fast forward thru the garbage.) :p

cammie

Spectator
Trust me!!! They weren't skating to any music!

Case in point: if you have a VCR tape of the show, flip back to the beginning to Emanuele's program. He was clearly skating to "West Side Story", not this "heavy drum" doom and gloom music they were playing in the background and they were still playing it after the buzzer went off... Why??? I have absolutely NO CLUE!!! Maybe they know the show is flat and they wanted to liven things up a bit?

Or maybe the Producers were too cheap to obtain the necessary music clearances?

julietvalcouer

Final Flight
Having watched the repeat (because I enjoy my own pain, apparently) I think Mercer's issue isn't so much that she's fat but (looking at her upper arms) she's not really in shape right now. When she said she got "bigger" what likely happened was lost muscle tone, not serious weight gain. She looks like she could benefit from some weight work more than anything to look a little firmer.

And not wearing a costume with a white band right across her chest. That makes her look larger than she really is up top. I was kind of surprised by what a lot of them were wearing, actually. (Sorry, but Rudi is smoking something. What was up with the legwarmers?)

azsk8fan

Rinkside
Jane2 said:
It's on the "We" network.
The last guy was pretty bad......but I think it was probably just a bad preformance, nerves or something....not necessarily that he was bad.
I felt so sorry for him.
Rudy & Pasha were so rude it was unbelievable!

Darn, I have Cox cable in Vegas and I don't believe they offer that channel :(

One has to take a grain of salt with comments by skating celebs while judging contests because the director of the show has to increase the the number of viewers for his own benefit.

Also Rudy, regardless of his reputation, he is a male and males do not pussy foot for words about athletes. Just read any sports column written by males.

I suppose he could have chosen better words, like if she lost a few pounds she could be another Michelle Kwan.

Joe

Grgranny

Da' Spellin' Homegirl
OK, I can take back what I said about the skater that I thought was fat. Tonight, I changed the whatchamajigger on my tv and she is not fat. She probably is a little bit for a skater, but not ordinarily. I watched it tonight and the show didn't seem to improve much. I think the gal that got the spinning record was on the Today show this morning. She had been the fastest and beat her record this morning on the Today show.