Amber Corwin Retires | Golden Skate

Amber Corwin Retires

R.D.

Record Breaker
um, not really, as the article was written four hours ago (as of this posting)...unless four hours is old to you :p

Good that she intends to stay involved with her USFS committees. I believe she was on the committee that had to approve Michelle Kwan's petition for a bye to the Olympics (she recused herself bcause of personal acquaintance with Michelle -- a little bit strange because who in skating doesn't know Michelle, but anyway...). She is also the "athletes' representative" to the ISU, IIRC.

Her Breakfast at Tiffany's program was super. :love:

heyang

Record Breaker
In the article, it said she is 27. One has to respect her for persevering for so long even without medalling. As a skater, I'm sure her continued involvement on various boards will be an asset to the USFSA.

Saundy

On the Ice
I have always admired Amber Corwin. She was always in the shadow of the more elite US Skaters, but I always enjoyed her skating. She reminds me alot of Jennifer Robinson. Never in the top 5 in the world, but always SO classy, both of them.

I wish her the very best of luck with her future plans. She's had a career to be proud of.

iluvtodd

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
i always admired & respected Amber. I'll miss her, but I hope she stays involved with the sport some way.

Spirit

On the Ice
Nationals will not be the same without Amber. It was always comforting knowing year after year that she would be there.

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Spirit said:
Nationals will not be the same without Amber. It was always comforting knowing year after year that she would be there.
I agree and I give her credit for trying and trying and trying.

Dee

ladysarahchatto

On the Ice
Mathman said:
Good that she intends to stay involved with her USFS committees. I believe she was on the committee that had to approve Michelle Kwan's petition for a bye to the Olympics (she recused herself bcause of personal acquaintance with Michelle -- a little bit strange because who in skating doesn't know Michelle, but anyway...). She is also the "athletes' representative" to the ISU, IIRC.

Her Breakfast at Tiffany's program was super. :love:

I loved Amber's Breakfast At Tiffany program and I always felt she skated just because she loved it. Medals weren't the most important thing. The best of luck to her in all her future endeavors!:thumbsup: