V For Vendetta | Golden Skate

V For Vendetta

mike79

On the Ice
Anyone see this movie yet? It was incredibly well done. Portman and Weaving are incredible. Although I haven't read the graphic novel yet I can't wait to.

Just so everyone knows this movie is not a condemnation of the Bush administration. While there are certainly parallels one can make with current world politics the book was written in the 1980's.

show 42

Arm Chair Skate Fan
Record Breaker
Thanks for the review, Mike.........can't wait to see it........42

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
wow even got a little political side review :rock:

I am not a big fan of the Matrix films and as such this movie is not all that interesting to me... I may rent it this summer though... thanks for the review... I love Natelie (when she's not being interviewed lol)

equestrianguy

On the Ice
Yes, I have always loved Natalie Portman ever since "Beautiful Girls" when she cast a teenaged spell on Timothy Hutton. She is a great actress. Although, when she accepted her Golden Globe for "Closer" I was so disappionted in her speech. She was like a little giggly school girl. I do think she has grown up some since then in the spotlight. She was beautiful at the Globes this year.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
I actually edited my post before replying as I was also going to comment that she's not half as intelligent sounding during interviews and speeches as she does when she's completely scripted... I thought it was just me! Apparently not! :laugh:

Buzzz

Final Flight
I saw it but was not impressed. I expected a comic book on scene instead I got a lesson in politics. :scowl:

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
it was touted as a modern day version of the book 1984... so I kinda figured it'd be overly political ;)

Longhornliz

Final Flight
I think if you try to draw parallels between the fictionalized england in the movie and any regime of today then you wont enjoy the movie. Its well done, well acted and very different from the matrix films which I couldnt stay awake through.

Natalie Portman graduated from Harvard, should couldnt be an idiot. She does come off as very articulate and scholarly in movies and a little more effervescent in real life. But I dont think that she comes off as unintelligent.