Joannie Rochette | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Joannie Rochette

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Too much pressure on her, skating at home. At least she had her highest Worlds placement ever, 7th.

dugyiho

Rinkside
On CBC they said that her training mates at home rink got into serious car accident one week after the Torino games. And some reporters asked her about it, and she broke out in tears and was hugging her coach. Maybe this might have affected her skates.

Also, CBC interviewed her after her short program and she commented that her goal here is to finish top ten. After a top 5 finish at Torino, you figure she should set her goal a little higher. I think she needs more confidence and should believe in herself that she does belong with the big leagues. She has the technical and artistic capability to compete with all those top ladies.

Last edited:

Saundy

On the Ice
dugyiho said:
On CBC they said that her training mates at home rink got into serious car accident one week after the Torino games. And some reporters asked her about it, and she broke out in tears and was hugging her coach. Maybe this might have affected her skates.

I was about to ask about this.
I heard about the story. It's SO heartbreaking. I also noticed when she was on the ice for the short and today for the long that she didn't look her usual happy self. And it seemed to be more than just nerves or pressure.

This having happened only 3 WEEKS ago has to have played on her mind all week. It can't be easy skating with that on your mind.

It truly is a sad story and my condolences go out to both the families involved.