Belbin & Agosto official website closed? | Golden Skate

Belbin & Agosto official website closed?

Saundy

On the Ice
Is it me, or does she look EXTREMELY skinny in their website picture?

Last edited:

Teresa Dawn

On the Ice
way to skinny. Of course I've thought this of her before, but this picture is really bad. Maybe it's the way it is cut???

Saundy

On the Ice
Teresa Dawn said:
way to skinny. Of course I've thought this of her before, but this picture is really bad. Maybe it's the way it is cut???

Yeah I'm thinking the same thing too.

lulu

Final Flight
Her arms look that skinny in a lot of the pictures from the 2005-2006 season as well.

Thanks for the link, Lulu.

I don't know about that picture. She is pretty skinny, whether in pictures or in real life. But in that picture, there seems to be something wrong with the photographer's perspective on her right arm and shoulder. It looks unnatural.

sk8rgrl3

Rinkside
If you looked at her athlete bio at the Olympics, it states that she is like 5'6 and weighs around 103 lbs. That is really small. I know that she has a small frame, but she is beginning to look a little thin.

ladysarahchatto

On the Ice
sk8rgrl3 said:
If you looked at her athlete bio at the Olympics, it states that she is like 5'6 and weighs around 103 lbs. That is really small. I know that she has a small frame, but she is beginning to look a little thin.

I think 103 would be fine if she were a 5'6 12 year old. :/

I'm 106 and I'm barely 5 feet. Scary stuff.

SeaniBu

Record Breaker
"Skinny Bell"

Well considering Ben's Guns, that might be something they decided to make compensation for.
:rofl:

Really just cracking a joke a bit. Not her most flattering pic. But I am sure Pairs didn't cross his mind - I think that would be a little like Scott and Debby at Skating with Celb.s.

julietvalcouer

Final Flight
I agree there's something wrong with the shadowing of her arm in the picture, and it's partially an optical illusion, but still--if she's 5'6", 103 is too light unless she has the world's tiniest skeletal frame. In the photo what bothers me more is how distinct her clavicle (collar bone) is, and at the Olys I thought I could see her ribs rather too distinctly. She did not look like this last season, and I don't think she can be called "fitter" because her skating doesn't reflect that. If anything I'd swear they're a little slower this year.

Ran it through a BMI calculator--that's 16.6. The bottom end of 'normal/healthy' is 18. The lowest reccommended weight for her height/age is 118 lbs, with a healthy range considered to be 118-155 (healthy defined as there being on average no significant health differences between people of that height at those weights.)

Lanie

On the Ice
BMI doesn't take into account muscle mass vs fat either, but doesn't their coach have a history of weighing their girls and making sure they eat a certain way and stay very small? (Which makes me scream to Jamie Silverstein: WHY DID YOU GO TO HIM!)

Anyway, yeah, Tanith's tiny.

SeaniBu

Record Breaker
Think 'n more basic here...

...He had issues lifting her maybe.

Nothing more - just Ben being about a strong as Scott H. That's it, no regulations, no comity, just him saying, "if you don't want to be dropped, maybe we could go for salads tonight.":rofl:

julietvalcouer

Final Flight
Lanie said:
BMI doesn't take into account muscle mass vs fat either, but doesn't their coach have a history of weighing their girls and making sure they eat a certain way and stay very small? (Which makes me scream to Jamie Silverstein: WHY DID YOU GO TO HIM!)

Anyway, yeah, Tanith's tiny.

Yes, he does. In fact I had someone say straight out to me (someone, a male, left our rink to skate with Igor and we were discussing dropping everything to move to other coaches) "Oh, you'd never want to skate with him. All his girls are anorexic." Now, I'm sure that's skating-world hyperbole, but I've heard some more specifics that are pretty unpleasant if they're true. I have to admit I raised an eyebrow when I saw Jamie Silverstein had gone to him after quitting skating to deal with an ED. At least she doesn't look emaciated--probably knows better this time around.

And where BMI usually gets scewed up by atheletics is not a false low but a false high--muscle weighs more than fat and a lot of people who are, if anything, healthier overall, have an "overweight" or "obese" BMI because it doesn't account for muscle mass. It's very difficult to be extremely underweight for your frame and still have really healthy muscle mass, not to mention strong bones. (Look at the extremes in gymnastics--they have muscles like rubber bands, but no real bulk, and their stress fractures have stress fractures.)

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
seanibu said:
...He had issues lifting her maybe.

Nothing more - just Ben being about a strong as Scott H. That's it, no regulations, no comity, just him saying, "if you don't want to be dropped, maybe we could go for salads tonight.":rofl:

that made absolutely no sense... comparing Ben Agosto to Scott Hamilton???

and did you mean to say "comedy" instead of "comity" (is that even a word?)?

just trying to decipher what you're trying to say.

southwest wind

Rinkside
I thought Megan Wing lost alot of weight when Wing and Lowe went to him too.

Tanith's legs are toothpicks now.

There was a recent picture of her in Macleans (Canada's answer to Time Magazine). It was about her citizenship chanage - she had a star spangled midriff/sports bra-type top on (she and Ben were skating with the US flag) and you could count her ribs and her stomach/abs were concave. It was really not very attractive. She does not look healthy.

SWW

julietvalcouer

Final Flight
com·i·ty
n. pl. com·i·ties
1. An atmosphere of social harmony.
2. See comity of nations.
3. The principle by which the courts of one jurisdiction may accede or give effect to the laws or decisions of another.

No, I'm not quite sure what that post meant, either.

Most male skaters in the partnered disciplines can lift a lot more than their partners' average weights. If Ben was having trouble lifting her in the last few years, when she might have weighed at the most, all of 110 if that, it wasn't time for her to diet, it was time for him to hit the weight room.

chania36

On the Ice
She's always been very very skinny, I saw her in person once and I just could not believe how skinny she was and is.. The thing is that in this picture is shows more.

76olympics

On the Ice
I agree, Julie- if Randy could lift Tai (and very well, too, I might add) in pair lifts, Ben should be able to handle Tanith in dance lifts.