Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: skating with a concussion

Rinkside
    Quote Originally Posted by julietvalcouer
    Your coach doesn't get it? Maybe you need clarify the difference between "bumped my head" and "fell six feet onto my head and hit it so hard I had cognitive function problems." Sorry, but it disturbs me that a coach doesn't get that skating with a head injury is a very, very bad thing.

Good luck recovering, and I hope it's a short recovery time! I know it sucks to be off the ice.
    I totally agree with julietvalcouer on this. I would be very concerned about a coach who doesn't seem to recognize an injury for it's severity. Just what exactly does this coach recognize as an injury serious enough to take time off the ice? Just my opinion, but I would seriously consider looking for another coach.

Hope you are feeling better.

Custom Title
    Two words: Paul Binnebose

Sure, his was a hard fall, but the consequences were awful for him. Head injuries and skating don't mix.

Custom Title
    Your coach doesn't get it? Maybe you should bang his head against the boards so that he knows what it feels like. He probably is just thinking about his fees and not about your health.

Mikkeline Kierkgaard (Danish lady) had to give up skating because she started skating again to soon and didn't really recover.

Rinkside
    i got a cuncussion in janurary and the docter told me to stay off the ice for a week AFTER symptoms end... that ended up to be almost 2 weeks...Mine wasnt even nearly as severe as yours if you were having all those problems... Even when i got back on the ice i didnt jump or spin for a couple days... just did a lot of walkthroughs and stroking since im done with my moves.... I got mine actually skating... I was trying a camel in the opposite direction, I can kind of blame the new system for it! lol

Thats weird you coach doesnt understand... Mine wouldnt let me come back and wasnt letting me jump... Your coach must not know a lot about injurys AND LETTING THEM HEAL!! lol. it wont get better if your not helping it.
    Last edited by skatere1990; 04-06-2006 at 08:08 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2