Original Dance | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Original Dance

rain

Record Breaker
I enjoyed all three of the ODs they showed on CBC - D/L (of course), Del/Scho and Denk/Stav.

One comment though.....what the hell were Del/ Scho thinking with that horrific bright yellow tie around his head? It was one of the utterly, utterly worst things I've seen in dance. It was totally distracting all the way through the dance. That's where a costume deduction should come in, seriously. Just, no.

And the shirts on the men cut down to the waist with illusion fabric filling the gap - again a big no. It looks tacky and lounge act, or like they should be wearing gold chains and pimping. So very cheesy.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
dancindiva03 said:
AWESOME for Melissa and Denis! I hope they can hold tight to 9th, or maybe even move up another spot! Their Romeo and Juliet FD is absolutely gorgeous when skated well, so who knows what will happen?

ITA! Romeo and Juliet is just gorgeous!!!!! GO MELISSA AND DENIS! WOOT! :clap: :rock:

Ravyn Rant

Totally 80s Dance Party!
Medalist
rain said:
One comment though.....what the hell were Del/ Scho thinking with that horrific bright yellow tie around his head? It was one of the utterly, utterly worst things I've seen in dance. It was totally distracting all the way through the dance. That's where a costume deduction should come in, seriously. Just, no.

I'm so glad it's not just me! That tie is seriously irritating. But what was really wrong with their Worlds OD was the lack of connection between the two. When the only thing I notice about Olivier Schoenfelder is that he's using a bright yellow tie for a headband, something is WRONG.
I do not understand why they're ahead of Tanith and Ben right now. And I feel terrible saying that, because I've always felt Del/Scho are consistently underscored and frequently outright robbed.
Oh, well. So much talent. So little room on the podium.
The free dance should be a nail-biter!
xoxo
Rave