Ladies Short | Page 7 | Golden Skate

Ladies Short

Tonichelle said:
I think Paul and Kurt should be the new dream team and Dick and Peggy just I don't know do fluff or something lol Kurt and Paul are so much more fun... Kurt's critical of everyone and Paul just goes with the points... mucho props to my guys :clap:
:clap: :rock: :clap: to everything you said! And I totally loved your "Kurt's critical of everyone and Paul just goes with the points" comment. Mucho props to your post! :agree: :laugh: :agree:

Rgirl

Joesitz said:
Jaana - Kiira Korpi is my latest find!! Beautiful natural talent. She will be among my list of skaters to watch more closely next season.

Now onto Saddledome for the finale of Ladies and of the 2006 Worlds.

Joe
Thanks for yet another heads up on Kiira Korpi, Joe. Unfortunately, ESPN didn't show her (typical), but I'm very glad to hear that another Finnish skater seems to have what it takes. I really loved Rahkoma & Koko and was so hoping that another Finnish skater or team would come along with the unique, beautiful, and technically strong skating R/K had.

Susanna Poykio seemed as if she would get her skating up into the top ranks. She was 9th in the SP and from what I saw of her skating once this season, she looks as if she hasn't improved the way she needed to, From everything I've heard about Kiira, I hope she has the ambition and can get the right coaching to move her into the top elite ranks.

I to will be watching for Kiira Korpi! :)

Rgirl

LBC

On the Ice
Tonichelle said:
I think Paul and Kurt should be the new dream team and Dick and Peggy just I don't know do fluff or something lol Kurt and Paul are so much more fun... Kurt's critical of everyone and Paul just goes with the points... mucho props to my guys :clap:

ITA Kurt and Paul were great with the men. Kurt was the first man to do a quad so he knows how hard that is. Paul is somebody who never won a major title but that doesn't mean he wasn't a great skater. You need to get some perspective from somebody who didn't win all the time. Also somebody younger who has actually done the jumps they are doing now. Dick did do triples , first man to so, I think he is still qualified but Peggy never did a triple in her life. She has no personal experience in how hard it is to do a 7 triple program. I want Kristi Yamaguchi but I'm not sure she'd be good at it. Katerina at least has done triples but her English just isn't very good for play by play. Roz of course annoyed the hell out of me. Nancy Kerrigan I wouldn't mind. Suzy Wynne is actually quite good and has done a good job with singles.