Did not miss Plushenko at all! | Golden Skate

Did not miss Plushenko at all!

slutskayafan21

Match Penalty
I dont know about any of you but I enjoyed the mens event more without Plushenko. I hope he retires and does not come back, I wont miss him at all.
:clap:

Kwanford Wife

Record Breaker
slutskayafan21 said:
I dont know about any of you but I enjoyed the mens event more without Plushenko. I hope he retires and does not come back, I wont miss him at all.
:clap:

You are soooo mean... funny, but mean!

As for missing Plushy ~ I hadn't really thought about it... He's such an awesome skater that he sucks the air out of the arena when he shows up. It was nice to have the opportunitiy to bask in the light that was Brian... however, Plush is simply on another level than the majority of the men so while it makes for a more interesting competition, you can't help but know in your heart that the winner was the best of this group, not the best skater... ho hum.

dugyiho

Rinkside
But don't you think it would be exciting for next season to see both Lambiel and Plushenko to skate their best and see who can take the crown?

slutskayafan21

Match Penalty
Well the competition is a better competition with him not there. Anyway no matter what he does he gets ridiculously inflated scores for transitions, choreography, and interpretation, as well as GOE on spins, and sometimes GOE on jumps. That sucks the life out of the event. Plus his skating while effective and excellent in a competitive sense is not interesting to watch at all.
So no I did not miss him at all. In fact the mens competition was far more enjoyable than the Olympics with him not there.

slutskayafan21

Match Penalty
dugyiho said:
But don't you think it would be exciting for next season to see both Lambiel and Plushenko to skate their best and see who can take the crown?

Oh please, nobody could come close to beating a clean Plushenko, atleast not with the judges. :laugh:

dugyiho

Rinkside
slutskayafan21 said:
Oh please, nobody could come close to beating a clean Plushenko, atleast not with the judges. :laugh:

That's too bad about the judging. I am not an expert but in my opinion if Lambiel is clean he is just as good as Plushenko. But what do I know.

rain

Record Breaker
slutskayafan21 said:
Well the competition is a better competition with him not there. Anyway no matter what he does he gets ridiculously inflated scores for transitions, choreography, and interpretation, as well as GOE on spins, and sometimes GOE on jumps. That sucks the life out of the event. Plus his skating while effective and excellent in a competitive sense is not interesting to watch at all.
So no I did not miss him at all. In fact the mens competition was far more enjoyable than the Olympics with him not there.

All I have to say is that I totally agree with this 100 per cent. The fact that he hasn't been challenged in four years shows in his own lack of development since Yagudin retired. He has not addressed his weaknesses, as the judges seem not to care about them either, and his choreography still leaves a lot to be desired.

slutskayafan21

Match Penalty
rain said:
All I have to say is that I totally agree with this 100 per cent. The fact that he hasn't been challenged in four years shows in his own lack of development since Yagudin retired. He has not addressed his weaknesses, as the judges seem not to care about them either, and his choreography still leaves a lot to be desired.

I agree on that. Because he is not challenged his own skating does not develop, and because judges do not mark him down on any of his weaknesses, his scores are so inflated he does not fear even the possability of one of his competitors skating cleanly enough to fix his weaknesses. His choreography? What choreography, it is hard to find programs with more basic stroking than his even in junior competition.

slutskayafan21

Match Penalty
dugyiho said:
That's too bad about the judging. I am not an expert but in my opinion if Lambiel is clean he is just as good as Plushenko. But what do I know.

Yeah I agree. I laugh at looking at Lambiel's beautiful free skate last night and seeing it 11 points behind Plushenko's free skate at the Olympics. :rofl:

Panther2000

On the Ice
slutskayafan21 said:

Here Here, I second that motion. He does get way to high a score for his programs. I won't bring up the olympic LP. that was Just awful. There was nothing too it.

I Think that worlds is so much better. Last Night was truly amazing when it came down to who would take the gold. Miss him NO.

coolio

Rinkside
Well, last year there was no clear contender and everyone sort of relaxed a bit, especially for Brian who skated like a disaster in last year''s LP. This year is different, Stephane wants to defend and Brian tried hard to challenge him for the gold, and it was great. As much as I miss Evgeni, this competition has been great:).

Jasper

Final Flight
It was so much more fun without him. I hope he never returns and lets the sport thrive in his absence. :)

curious

Final Flight
Sure,I don't want to see the BEST skater in the world compete next year cause he is going to kick my faves butt lol! They don't get plenty of overinflated scores for their flaws skates by those mean judges lol! And Jeff is without a doubt the most OVERSCORED skater in the sport lol:biggrin:

slutskayafan21

Match Penalty
curious said:
Sure,I don't want to see the BEST skater in the world compete next year cause he is going to kick my faves butt lol! They don't get plenty of overinflated scores for their flaws skates by those mean judges lol! And Jeff is without a doubt the most OVERSCORED skater in the sport lol:biggrin:

No Lysacek is, Plushenko is a strong second. :biggrin:

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
it's not like he was there last year either... I've not missed seeing him "skate" so I guess we finally agree

however IF he were to be scored like the others based on what he did the day of the skate and not his career as a whole then maybe I'd let him come back :laugh:

alina

Rinkside
I like figure skating and I am a real fan of figure skating - of course I miss him (like I miss Yagudin, Kwan, Slutskaya, Arakawa,.....). (BTW Plushenko didn´t need the help of the judges - he is/was definitely the best!)

Jaana

Record Breaker
Country
Finland
I admire Plushenko as a very strong competitor, but have to say that after 1997-1998 season the men´s skating has become to me much more exciting again. I got bored watching Plushenko/Yagudin winning all competitions and after that Plushenko winning practically everything he participated in. Already the 2005 Worlds freeskate was exciting.

Zazanuka

Rinkside
Yes I miss him and he is the BEST despite of good mens competition at W06.
I think that slufan is nervous about Lambiel. It seems to me is not necessary to be such aggressive.

Last edited: