Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Emily Hughes' spiral

Emily Hughes' spiral

Her head is too low on that posistion, as mentioned several times on TV. Wouldn't somebody have told her by now she needs to work on that posistion? I assume she is trying to work on it.

Thumbs up I liked it, had a new look.

"Someone" might think it looks harder and maybe it gives her better control. It is lower then other's, but she has a stand out quality neg. or pos.

Could be trying to get or appear she is getting her leg up higher????

I've seen Sasha and Miki touch their head to her skate before, maybe not during the spiral, shows some excellent balance????
    Last edited by SeaniBu; 03-25-2006 at 04:47 PM.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by mike9000
    It has to be said and someone who knows her needs to say it Emily needs to lose weight yes they are eating disorders i not saying she should be purging or anything like this but she needs to exercise and skating alone isn't going to do it plus it would if watch how much she eats as well.

I think the even the bigger problem is how she approaches skating, oh it i just
    doing it for fun. Which is good in way but you also need to approach it i want to kick *** and win not just for fun. Another thing i think she so wrapped in her
    school work skating comes last on her list.

One thing i know for certain Emily's skating is not improving sometimes you have to know when you quit and move onto other things. When Kimmie is leaving her in the dust in 90 time zones and only geting better you have say to Emily just quit. Should she quit maybe?

I think Emily is just fine the way she is. I wouldn't mind being her size actually.

Her "weight" has nothing to do with her being consistant or not. I think she did pretty good for her first worlds. I'm pretty sure she'll continue to get stronger as she gets older. She's only 17 keep in mind.

Give the girl a break she's not a machine.

There are different body types on this earth. There's Kimmie's body type, in which, I bet no matter how little off-ice training she did she'd still be a stick figure, and then there are those that no matter how much off-ice training they do they will still be stronger and fuller-figured. Emily doesn't have any extra fat hanging around. She's just more muscled than some other skaters, a body type similar to Joannie Rochette's.

I hope Emily sticks around. As for size, I agree that she is bigger muscled. Even when I was a size 2 in college I looked bigger than other size 2 girls in my dorm.

Ah, to be a size 2 again.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Johar
    Ah, to be a size 2 again.
    Ah, to EVER be a size 2!

Quote Originally Posted by Johar
    Her head is too low on that posistion, as mentioned several times on TV. Wouldn't somebody have told her by now she needs to work on that posistion? I assume she is trying to work on it.
    It looks alright to me. Click HERE.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by IDLERACER
    It looks alright to me. Click HERE.
    Looks all right to me too.
    Yoshie Onda's spiral is one of the worst I've seen and definitely MUCH worse than Emily Hughes'.

I actually think Emily's is one of the better spirals out there right now. She has great extension and her leg is straight behind her, something that a lot of other skaters don't have. Other than Sasha, I can't think of anybody with better spirals in the competition at the moment.

Ballroom Baby
    That picture's not the most flattering for looking at that spiral (here is another with a different angle.) But damn, that's a DEEP edge. Unless she's about to tip over just after they took this picture, they should all have such poor spirals.

Can someone who can see user's IP addresses check whether mike9000 is geisha1 registered under a new nick? Although, then again, geisha's MO is usually just a one- or two-line snipe about how "fat" Emily is. (S/he's still at it over at usfsa's boards.) In any case, whoever you are, I'd worry more about which skaters are starting to look like a good stiff wind would knock them over rather than someone who happens to have muscles and a body that's actually postpubescent.

Should she quit maybe?
    Why should she quit? She beat Bebe Liang. She trounced Katy Taylor. She outpointed Alissa Czysny. She's went to the Olympics and the World Championship. She's been featured in Time magazine. She's having the time of her life!

MM

Banned
    It has to be said and someone who knows her needs to say it Emily needs to lose weight yes they are eating disorders i not saying she should be purging or anything like this but she needs to exercise and skating alone isn't going to do it plus it would if watch how much she eats as well.

I think the even the bigger problem is how she approaches skating, oh it i just
    doing it for fun. Which is good in way but you also need to approach it i want to kick *** and win not just for fun. Another thing i think she so wrapped in her
    school work skating comes last on her list.

One thing i know for certain Emily's skating is not improving sometimes you have to know when you quit and move onto other things. When Kimmie is leaving her in the dust in 90 time zones and only geting better you have say to Emily just quit. Should she quit maybe?
    I think Emily looks great. She has a ton of muscle, and not much fat at all. I have a similar body type to her, and when I tried losing weight I got really sick, and lost a lot of my strength. I think the same would happen to Emily, she would lose a lot of that power that makes her so exciting to watch. Also, maybe she IS just skating for fun, but you know what? For someone only doing it for fun, she's doing a darn good job! I don't think she should quit until she's done having fun!

Emily is no good.
    I don't get it. Aren't you Mike G.? You listed this Emily fan site as your home page:

http://www.eccentrix.com/members/em06/emily_hughes.html

So is this your evil twin posting under your name?

MM

I should be studying!
    In the picture posted by Idle Racer, the free leg appears to be bent; that should be improved first, then she should seek to add an arch to her back.

Tripping on the Podium
    Quote Originally Posted by Mathman
    Why should she quit? She beat Bebe Liang. She trounced Katy Taylor. She outpointed Alissa Czysny. She's went to the Olympics and the World Championship. She's been featured in Time magazine. She's having the time of her life!

MM

I completely agree!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast