Best or favorite positions or move / element | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Best or favorite positions or move / element

JonnyCoop

Record Breaker
The Biellmann is so done to death now that I'm not even sure one could refer to it as an "irregular" move anymore (it had much more impact back in the days when it was).

But I agree with Vash that the best Biellmann was by Denise herself, tho I have to admit that Surya Bonaly on a couple of occasions came pretty close, IMO.

Jaana

Record Breaker
Country
Finland
Footwork: Besides Browning also Kulik´s footwork is excellent

Spread-eagle into triple axel: Kulik

Death-drop: Boitano and Kulik

Triple axel: Kulik

Spiral: Cohen

Skater_Kid

Rinkside
spiral-sasha cohen...Miras have gotten pretty good too...
layback-saha cohen and shizuka has a nice one too and theres just something about Kimmies that i find pretty...and Cynthia Phaneufs when she brings her leg up to her head :clap:
spread eagle-Jeff Buttle(when he holds them so long that they complete the whole circle)Sasha and Michelle have nice outside spread eagles
Ina Bauer-Shizuka and Jeff Buttle Sasha's is pretty too when she arches her back and holds it long enough
split jump-Sasha Joannies has gotten very good too:)
flying camel spin-sasha (fabulas line)
camel spin-Sasha, Michelle
Footwork-Jeff Buttle and Kurt Browning:love:

hockeyfan228

Record Breaker
Ina Bauer, particularly Arakawa's and Buttle's (Gould)
Move that is a cross between an Ina Bauer and a Spread Eagle (leading leg is bent, but legs are on the same plane)-- Wylie's
Johnny Weir's 3A landing
John Misha Petkevich's Axel sit-spin
Rochette's split jump (Is that a Falling Leaf?)
Buttle's and Boitano's Spread Eagles
The dance lifts in Totmianina/Marinin's 2003 FS
Cohen's Layback Attitude spiral to Charlotte
Klimkin's Camel spins in both directions
Any number of Delobel/Schoenfelder's unusual lifts

All my favorites are listed, so I'll name the one and only "skating" move that made my boyfriend sit up and take notice. In the Olympic version of Dubreil and Lauzon's OD, when Marie-France goes up into the standing "figurehead" lift is when she also slipped her hands and arms through the white strips of her halter top, causing it to slide off her chest, around her shoulders, and onto her back, leaving the gold sequined and beaded halter top as the chest piece.

Well, for just a moment when she does this, both my boyfriend (Rman) and I thought, "Whoa! This is one hot ice dance!" because at first you don't notice that the gold halter is underneath. Neither Rman or I said anything right when Marie-France did "the move" (I think my jaw dropped), and just before I was about to say something, Rman said, "Now she's really talented!"

They changed when Marie-France did "the move" for Worlds, but from now until forever, Rman will appreciate the glorious talents of Marie-France Dubreil. :love:

Rgirl

Forgot Shawn Sawyer's "tilted Y spin" with both hands behind his back.
I don't know if this counts, but speed. Ilia Kulik and Irina really do it for me, especially Kulik. Two strokes, he's halfway across the ice, I'm done for.

Last edited: