Congratulations To Sasha | Golden Skate

Congratulations To Sasha

millie

Medalist
Congradulations to Sasha on her bronze medal at Worlds. This is Sasha's 20th consecutive competition that she has earned a top three finish since 2003. I wouldn't call that stretch of medals a failure. Let's see if the next upcoming skaters can accomplish what Sasha has accomplished, falls and all.

Sasha won her first U.S. championship, her first Olympic medal, and her third world medal this year. :rock:

In her career Sasha has won a total of 11 major senior international competitions (I just looked it up, LOL).

I did feel sorry for her this time around -- she looked like she wanted to cry -- but only because she was disappointed that she hadn't fulfilled all of the lofty goals that she began the season with. (There was a lot of that going around this year -- just ask Michelle and Irina!) With time she will be able to put everything in perspective.

A little bit OT, but they just showed a recap of U.S. Nationals on ESPN, and they showed Sasha's Dark Eyes SP from St. Louis. My, oh my, what a winner!

Mathman :)

nymkfan51

Medalist
Yes, congratulations to Sasha on a wonderful accomplishment! I hope that in time she will be able to look back on this part of her life and realize the joy she brought to so many people with her skating.

flowjo35

On the Ice
I felt really bad for her because it was right there for the taking. She should be pride and I hope she will not be down on herself. I hope she takes a nice vacation and enjoys herself.

Oh, Coolio, that was an awful thing to say. Booooo! This thread is to congratulate Sasha on her achievements. Let's exercise some common courtesy here.

Mathman

jesslily

Final Flight
No matter how she did at worlds, Sasha is still a beautiful skater. I think the preparation for the Olympics really took whole a lot out of her. She was very very tired. Sasha lacks the stamina that many other top skaters have. That's something that she simply can not overcome. So she could not excute the jumps as she wanted. I think she knows herself very well. Maybe at beginning skipping this worlds was a better decision for her.

JonnyCoop

Record Breaker
Finally, something positive!!

millie, thank you for starting this. I am getting so tired of the savaging Sasha has been getting by the media (and on this board). So she's human. Arrest her.

I think about 90% of the Ladies on the international level would KILL to have a "bad performance" on the level of a Sasha Cohen "bad performance".....

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
jesslily said:
No matter how she did at worlds, Sasha is still a beautiful skater. I think the preparation for the Olympics really took whole a lot out of her. She was very very tired. Sasha lacks the stamina that many other top skaters have. That's something that she simply can not overcome. So she could not excute the jumps as she wanted. I think she knows herself very well. Maybe at beginning skipping this worlds was a better decision for her.

I agree with the stamina issue. IMO Sasha looked exhausted, no wonder she did not perform well. Congrats to her for the Bronze. I just hope she does not beat herself up to much about the outcome of this competition. I did fell bad for her she looked so dejected and alone backstage. I think she needed a hug.

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
:clap: :clap: :clap: for Millie for starting this thread. :agree:

Sasha, I love watching you skate and I think you're a champ!!! Congrats. :clap: :party: :clap: let's party.

Dee

John King

Final Flight
My two shickel's worth

I agree,20 consecutive medals is nothing to sneeze at!She is a beautiful talented skater,and I wish her all the best in whatever choices she makes.

password

On the Ice
Go to
Image #57183264
in the gettyimages thing for figure skating....she's definantly on the verge of tears

qoo

Rinkside
Congratulations Sasha, I'll be rooting for her as long as she skates. Her skating is such a joy to watch:agree:

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
password said:
Go to
Image #57183264
in the gettyimages thing for figure skating....she's definantly on the verge of tears

tears or not, she's had an impressive career, and someday in the future she will be able to understand it all that much easier...

Sasha be da bomb, no matter what some would want us to think! :rock:

Lonewolf

On the Ice
Millie, thank you for starting this post. It is refreshing to read positive message about Sasha for a change. I think she is a beautiful and graceful skater. Whether she continues to skate or not, I hope she will be remembered for what she brought to figure skating. However, I hope she continues to skate.

mzheng

Record Breaker
millie said:
Congradulations to Sasha on her bronze medal at Worlds. This is Sasha's 20th consecutive competition that she has earned a top three finish since 2003. I wouldn't call that stretch of medals a failure. Let's see if the next upcoming skaters can accomplish what Sasha has accomplished, falls and all.
Sounds so familiar like the Kwaniacs you've been critisizing for seasons. :biggrin: no offense intended just state an obviouse

That said. Yeah congrats to Sasha for adding another color of World medal in her collection.

ladysarahchatto

On the Ice
coolio said:
Too bad she will always be pictured as the loser on the world''s stage.

By people like you maybe. Certainly not by myself.

Congratulations on your Bronze medal Sasha. 20 straight top 3 finishes is nothing to sneeze at. Many athletes would love to have half of your accomplishments (especially an Olympic medal! Just ask the Kurt Brownings of the World..).

Jaana

Record Breaker
Country
Finland
I love Sasha´s skating style and her music interpretation, and will continue doing so even if she would not win medals of any colour. Personally I could see her being a great and really versatile show skater, much better than many of those that have won gold medals.

millie

Medalist
mzheng said:
Sounds so familiar like the Kwaniacs you've been critisizing for seasons. :biggrin: no offense intended just state an obviouse

That said. Yeah congrats to Sasha for adding another color of World medal in her collection.

mzheng, you don't have to whisper, I think everyone can still hear you. This thread has nothing to do with the kwanatics been critized by me for seasons, this is only by second season on the skating forums. Does every thread have to be about kwanatics.