Ladies Finals: Am I the only one who.... | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Ladies Finals: Am I the only one who....

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Red Dog said:
Actually she DID pass Cohen up. Suguri had not skated yet.
Not in the long run!! ...............and that is what counted.

Dee

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
Frau Muller said:
....jumped out of his/her seat, yelled a 'yipee!' and did a Happy Dance when Kimmie passed Sasha to the #1 spot? :chorus: :chorus: :chorus:

I bet I'm not alone.... :rock:

Frau Muller (too polite to write what she did when Sasha fell....) :p

nope, I have a little more self control...

I was happy for Kimmie, but not because she beat any particular skater...

Dee4707

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Tonichelle said:
nope, I have a little more self control...

I was happy for Kimmie, but not because she beat any particular skater...
Right on Toni!!!

Dee

kyla2

Final Flight
Well said Toni

A hater is someone who is more glad a particular skater lost, than a particular skater won. A complete negative as far as I am concerned and speaks volumes about the person expressing those feelings.

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
Well I did not jump up and down when Kimmie's scores were higher than
Sasha's I was in shock. Not because Kimmie outscored Sasha but because of Kimmie's high numbers. I knew then that probably no other skater could beat her. It was a bit of a let down for me because after Sasha's messed up program I really thought Fumie would win. Kimmie deserved the win but I can't really say that I am happy about it.

antmanb

Record Breaker
kyla2 said:
A hater is someone who is more glad a particular skater lost, than a particular skater won. A complete negative as far as I am concerned and speaks volumes about the person expressing those feelings.

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Well said!

Ant

R.D.

Record Breaker
Well, no biggie. Some people are happy because Kimmie won, others because Sasha lost. Same outcome, different spin.

I think those people have the right to their opinions. Although it's not PC, cheering when a skater falls is not illegal and IMO shouldn't necessarily be condemned. (I'm talking privately here, not at a competition just so you know.) However, that said, there's no need to rub it in (in other words, develop an agenda to lower said skater even further).

Frau Muller

Final Flight
That's right - I was wishing for either Kimmie or Joannie or Fumie to win. Love all three of them. I've never cared for Sasha - find her a bit arrogant - but do wish her well, as a human being.

anything_for_skating

Final Flight
Frau Muller said:
....jumped out of his/her seat, yelled a 'yipee!' and did a Happy Dance when Kimmie passed Sasha to the #1 spot? :chorus: :chorus: :chorus:

I bet I'm not alone.... :rock:

Frau Muller (too polite to write what she did when Sasha fell....) :p

You are not alone!!! I am SO glad that somebody finally showed Sasha where she should be.
I couldn't watch the victory ceremony, so tell me PLEASE what was Sasha's reaction on Kimmie's victory and Kimmie's reaction on Sasha's skating????

tarotx

On the Ice
anything_for_skating said:
They ROBBED Elena-she should finish 3rd!

Elena robbed herself.

Sasha is a fan of Kimmie's and had good things to say about Kimmie's win. Kimmie hasn't mentioned Sasha's worlds skating.

redladybug21

Rinkside
I was happy for Kimmie, but sad at the same time that Sasha had another meltdown. I may not be a huge fan of Sasha but I still would like for her to do her best.

Kwanford Wife

Record Breaker
I was actually surprised that Sasha finished so low, not about the mistakes. After years of watching favorites & old timers on their way to the big pro-circuit in the sky being held up, I just assumed that Sasha & Fumie would finish first & second ~ in whatever order...

After the Olympics, when Kimmie expressed how pissed she was with herself for not nailing her program (always the sign of a champion in my opinion & experience...) I totally expected for a strong finish at Worlds... but Gold? Absolutely not... Biggest shocker of the season to be perfectly honest...

Doggygirl

Record Breaker
anything_for_skating said:
I couldn't watch the victory ceremony, so tell me PLEASE what was Sasha's reaction on Kimmie's victory and Kimmie's reaction on Sasha's skating????

Since you couldn't see it....

Kimmie changed out of her figure skating costume, and dressed up as Glenda - the "good witch" of the North. (it was a HUGELY poofy pink thing, with a tiara and Big Hair to boot). She forced Sasha to dress up in all black, with a pointy hat and green make up. Then Kimmie proceeded to throw water on Sasha, where she promptly melted into a little black puddle. Kimmie also included some gargoyles flying around just for dramatic effect.

Does that story make you happy? Geez. If Sasha never wanted to put skates on again in her life I wouldn't blame her.

Congrats to Kimmie for putting together the 3 solid performances it took to win World's. She strikes me as a tough competitor, and I can't wait to see more of Kimmie in the future.

Congrats to Fumie - World Silver Medalist!! I have always enjoyed Fumie's skating, and team Japan is really tough. It's tough to even MAKE the World Team. I applaud Fumie for the competitive hutzpah it must take to not only make the World team, but make the podium.

Congrats to Sasha. To read what some people say, you'd think that was a horrible competition. Many MANY skaters would LOVE to have skated like you did, and gone home with a World Bronze Medal.

Congrats to every competitor. We whine, you perform. Kudos to all of YOU.

DG

Dee4707

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Frau Muller said:
That's right - I was wishing for either Kimmie or Joannie or Fumie to win. Love all three of them. I've never cared for Sasha - find her a bit arrogant - but do wish her well, as a human being.
That's right - I was wishing for Sasha to win. Kimmie, Joannie or Fumie I can't stand all three of them. I've never cared for any of them - find them a bit arrogant - but do wish them all well, as human beings.

What do you think Frau???

Dee

antmanb

Record Breaker
Doggygirl said:
Since you couldn't see it....

Kimmie changed out of her figure skating costume, and dressed up as Glenda - the "good witch" of the North. (it was a HUGELY poofy pink thing, with a tiara and Big Hair to boot). She forced Sasha to dress up in all black, with a pointy hat and green make up. Then Kimmie proceeded to throw water on Sasha, where she promptly melted into a little black puddle. Kimmie also included some gargoyles flying around just for dramatic effect.

Does that story make you happy? Geez. If Sasha never wanted to put skates on again in her life I wouldn't blame her.

DG

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I've nearly wrecked my home computer spitting wine over the keyboard!!! That made me laugh so much!!!

Ant

soogar

Record Breaker
Frau Muller said:
I'm still doing my Happy Dance. :rock:

Some win - some lose. "It's just sport," says Irina.

Just as I was doing my happy dance when your fave blew it at the Olympics. :chorus:

yelyoh

Medalist
Country
United-States
Dee4707 said:
That's right - I was wishing for Sasha to win. Kimmie, Joannie or Fumie I can't stand all three of them. I've never cared for any of them - find them a bit arrogant - but do wish them all well, as human beings.

What do you think Frau???

Dee
:disapp: :disapp: :disapp: :disapp: :disapp: :disapp:

Joannie, Fumie, Kimmie arrogant????????? Can you provide any examples???

I was not happy Sasha was beaten by Kimmie. But Sasha did herself in. What can one say. Same old, same old.

Yelyoh, Dee was being sarcastic, making fun of the very first post on this thread by giving Frau M a taste of her own medicine, LOL.

Dee does not think that these ladies -- or anyone else -- is arrogant, etc.

MM :)