Anyone coauthor your posts? | Golden Skate

Anyone coauthor your posts?

G

Glacierskater

Anyone coauthor your posts?

As I was sitting here enjoying the company of my faithful and trusted yellow boy lab, and my cute little girl Vizsala (German hunting dog) it made me curious if anyone else has coauthors on their posts. In fact, where do you post from, what is your "posting environment"?

I have my computer set up in the kitchen. It is a bistro/retro style kitchen with the Rosie the Riveter theme. It is really inviting and warm, and I have a loveseat in here that the "kids" lounge on while editing my posts. I also post from the ultra techno computer room at work sometimes when I don't get lunch.

D

Dee4707

Re: Anyone coauthor your posts?

In my 10X10 cube at work. I do have lots of toys in it. I have 3 bosses and I made voodoo dolls for each of them. Some days they have quite a few pins stuck in them.:lol: :lol: :lol: I don't have the internet at home. I have been thinking about it though. My time is limited at work for posting.

Dee

S

SammieJ

I post from my home office. It is on the main floor of my house, off the kitchen and family room.
It is a fairly large room, with two desks (one is my husband's, one's mine) and is filled with shelves and file cabinets. I can see the kitchen if the office door is open, but I can't see the TV, or any part of the family room. No pets, no kids are allowed in there usually (it's either a place to work, or a place to escape when needed)

My husband's side is a mess, which infuriates me :mad:
Mine is nice and organized :lol:

G

Grgranny

My computer is in what was our bedroom when we first built the house. The four "kids" had the three upstairs bedrooms and when we had an empty bedroom we moved upstairs. I now have a desk, the computer desk, a couple of sets of drawers, two file cabinets, two baskets full of tapes of skating, a small tv that is on basic cable and a sofabed. It is a four level house but both the middle halves are on the ground floor. It is built on a small hill that some of you say Kansas doesn't have, :rollin: :rollin: This is the back half where the family room, laundry and bathrooms are. Since I live alone, there is no one to help me. My daughter may have to come back here when she finishes her treatments in Tx again. At least, I hope she finishes them.

M

mpal2

My posting area is the finished basement. I have two cats that like to share the room with me. My youngest (he acts like a baby too) likes to sit at my feet under the computer desk. The oldest one just hangs out on the floor or on the arm of the couch.

My sister moved in with her cat and he occasionally joins the group in the basement. He usually just ignores me though.

J

Joesitz

Dee - You need one or two of the object's finger nails and a lock of hair. Careful, Dee. It works.:eek:

H

HamiltonBrowningFan

I'm in my family's dining room... my pug is always near

G

guinevere

Re: anyone coauthor your posts?

I used to make most of my posts from home (where my computer is in my room), but I have gotten lazy - at work I have a superfast brand new computer with DSL. So, I tend to sneak in a few posts at work :p In the last few months, I've become loathe to even turn on my comuter at home if I can help it!!

guinevere

K

Kara Bear

I have recently given up my own place and am now at home bugging the heck out of parents.
So I'm writing this sitting at my desk that my Dad built. Its full of books and other childhood stuff. my kitty likes to sit directly in front of my computer screen so she can get my attention. She is roaming my desktop right now. My room is pretty crowded. Thats what happens when you put an apartment full of stuff in one room. Hopefully this is only temporary.

C

Cinderella On Ice

DH and I do practically no cooking or eating at home, so instead of a kitchen table, we have a desk, computer, scanner, 2 printers, great speakers, etc. etc. I usually post from here while he's on the couch in the family room. Sometimes I post from my home office upstairs, and very very infrequently from work. We have four rescued Shar Pei, and they each check in on my from time to time for some ear scratching and attention.

H

heyang

I usually post from my living room. I have a laptop which I position on the arm of the couch. Still not the right position and my arm aches if I'm on too long. I usually have the TV on, but don't pay much attention to it.

I actually have 2 living rooms in a sense. I live in a 4br bi-level. I only use the kitchen, bathroom, my bedroom and the downstairs family room (which I call my living room). The rest of the house is used by my mother one night per week. She's only home from Sunday afternoon til Monday early evening lately. The rest of the time she's in NYC working or spending time with her friends.

When we bought the house, my brother lived here and my mother worked part-time in the area. So, the house was just barely the right size. I'm hoping to sell in a couple of years. Thank God my neighbor is retired and likes to work outside - we pay him to mow the lawn.

F

Figureskates

I am sitting in the corner of a den that has banks of windows on three sides...it is like being outside. Just outside the windows there is a @#%$ willow tree and a squirrel is sitting on the branch about 2 feet from the window wondering what the hell I am doing. the birds love to sit in the tree as well and sing their hearts out. The southern windows have my wife's orchids in them. These guys have been blooming continuously for a year now. The best fun is when it snows, watching it drift by the windows.

R

RealtorGal

<span style="color:blue;font-family:comic sans ms;font-size:small;"><em>... wondering how long it will take Figureskates to wonder why the word M-o-o-r-e came out so strangely...</em></span>

<span style="color:maroon;font-family:comic sans ms;font-size:small;">
Usually I work on "my" computer in our home office (one of our 4 bedrooms, which is really quite a large room filled with faxes, printers, 2 computers and large desks, etc.). However, if there is a good TV show on, I might work on the laptop in the living room if Mr. RG doesn't need "his" computer. Mr. RG doesn't co-author my posts, but as you know, he's a big fan (picked Sarah to win the gold in SLC to which I replied that he was a loon) so I've posted his opinions on here occasionally.</span>

G

Glacierskater

<span style="color:fuchsia;font-size:medium;">DEE:</span>
Never thought of voodoo dolls, but I like the idea...

<span style="color:fuchsia;font-size:medium;">SAMMIEJ</span>
I feel your pain on the messy/not messy office space. Mine has an entire room to himself so that I can close the door when the computer parts start to breed and overflow into the rest of hte house.

<span style="color:fuchsia;font-size:medium;">GRGRANNY:</span>
I sm not familiar with you daughter's situation, but I wish the best for her, whatever she may be going through.

<span style="color:fuchsia;font-size:medium;">KARA BEAR:</span>
Take heart, I have also moved my household into one room of my parents house before, complete with Labrador...any they already had a Lab and two cats.

<span style="color:fuchsia;font-size:medium;">CINDER:</span>
Sounds like a busy household...kudos to you for your rescue efforts!

<span style="color:fuchsia;font-size:medium;">HEYANG:</span>
I like yard work...when we bought our house one of the neighbor boys asked if we wanted yard service...I quickly do that calculations of how much more time on the ice that would afford me, and decided that I do not need to take pride in my own yardwork at this juncture of my life. Next year though, I plan to build a dack in the back and get a pool. Laughs at me he does, when I mention this to my other half. Just wait til I start hauling those power tools to the back yard. When he is not looking, I get my tools out and play :)
I don't care if the pool is only a kiddie pool, I want some summer relief. :p

FIGURESKATES:
I think that I would get sidetracked with a window like that. I love to gawk outside...

Thanks for sharing. I really like learning stuff like this about my fellow posters. It makes it more personal. Where's that hug emoticon anyway?

L

Ladskater

I am situated in my bedroom! My apt. is not very large, so my computer is in my room. I have my radio and mini-stereo for company (dogs must be nice too!). I have had many a lovely concert while posting on Golden Skate. In answer to your question, noone coauthors my posts. My ideas are my own. I do have a male friend, who I sometimes relate some of the posts to and he has given me the odd inspiration for a post or two!

Ladskater

F

Figureskates

RealtorGal: It never dawned on me that that word was a no no, even when used it talking about a certain type of tree.

At 57, my mind just doesn't click like it used to.

By the way, as I type this there is a baby bird sitting on the branch just staring at me. Mom and Pop bird are nearby. I think they are trying to coach junior into a flying lesson. I think he knows he has wings, I don't think he has quite figured out what they are for. He flutters briefly and then wonders why nothing is happening. he kind of reminds me of my learning the salchow....the skates are on my feet but nothing is happening!

P

Pookie

We just moved into a big, old house. Not really a Victorian style, but the kind of great old house they don't build anymore. The computer is on the second floor in an extra room. I don't use it as much as I did before I moved because it is out of the main traffic of the house. That means I might actually do some housework instead of playing with the computer. :D Sometimes my Lhasa Apso comes and lays on my feet and keeps me company.

S

Show 42

........Figureskates.......I sense a fellow author in the midst..your posts are like "mini" short stories........

Anyway, I post alone. The computer station is tucked into a corner of our living room. It's comprised of computer, tower, printer, scanner, and router box. It sits upon an old restored oak desk made in the 1930s by the WPA. There is a small television close by for "multi-tasking purposes" (that means I can work on the computer and check out my daytime "soaps" at the same time....aren't I talented...:p ). My hubby occasionally walks by and comments, "What's new at michellekwan.com?" This is his daily joke, a phrase he uses for figureskating forums. I occasionally post at work, not often, but do catch up on the threads during lunch..........42

4dogknight

When I was still working I often pulled all nighters on the weekends just to keep afloat with job responsibilities. I worked in the kitchen where I could spread out the laptop and materials on the kitchen table, keep the refrigerator and cupboards handy for snacks and the TV available in case I needed a break. And the kitchen is on the other side of house away from the bedroom where my better half lay sleeping.

Our Eleanor would often walk in and nudge my arm for one of her 'pet me now, right now' directives, a dangerous move when I had a cup of hot coffee in my hand. But it was our Robin that kept me company throughout all those long nights.

He positioned himself, himself being a yellow lab - collie mix, in the doorway to the dining room where he could watch me and guard the hallway at the same time. And of course you had to step over him to make a WC trip. (Did you ever notice that dogs and cats lie in the most inconvenient places for humans to maneuver past them?)

Robbo and I kept to this routine for over four years; he lying on the floor, often upside down - legs propped on the wall; you can still see the toenail marks on the wall paper, and I chained to the laptop. Robin was my muse, my wall, my comfort, my warmth and my best friend. Even after I retired, I'd spend late nights doing research on personal projects that I'd put off because of time restrictions, Robbo would be right there, in the doorway keeping me company and guarding the hallway.

Robin isn't with us now; he developed a non-operable malignant tumor in January of this year and we decided that it was time to spare him pain and suffering. I miss him so much that working at that kitchen table is more than I can bear; out of the corner of my eye I can still see him lying in the doorway - still keeping company and on guard.

I now post from a temporary desk in the corner of the living room and am awaiting the delivery of my new desk to be placed in the spare bedroom because I just can't work in the kitchen any more.

But you know sometimes late at night when I walk down the hall into the kitchen, I still hear him breathing and his toe nails raking at the wallpaper. And just yesterday I thought I heard the recording (Ho, Ho, Ho Merry Christmas) from his favorite toy; I guess it's his way of saying "I’m waiting for you to come meet me at the Rainbow Bridge". But that's another story for another time.

4dk
(Please don't think I don't love our other three four foots but it's just that Robin was my special boy and I miss him more than I can say.)

S

Show 42

4dog........you beautiful story brought tears to my eyes....having you ever considered having it published in a magazine? 42