Question in men's protocol | Golden Skate

Question in men's protocol

antmanb

Record Breaker
OK i haven't watched the Men's LP yet but was looking through the protocols and i really don't understand what happened in Oda's skate.

He opened with a triple axel, then did 3Lz/3T/2Lp then did a 3S/2T and then he has 3A + COMBO and get's GOEs of 0 and 1...so i'm assuming there was no error on the triple axel it was planded fine at all that happened was a Zayak violation...why then did they mark it and call it a combo which it it obviously wasn't when the whole the thing shoul dhave received 0 for violating the zayak rule?

Further more his 3F/2T combo was then treated as an extra combination which was not marked at all?

So how did he fair?

Well the triple axel got 8.4

Well teh triple flip is worth 6.8 base value but it was in the second half so the 1.1 multiplier makes the base mark is 7.48 but seven judges gave him +1 GOEs...maybe it s moot point because its close either way bt my question is why aren't the rules being applied correctly?

Surely you do what you do and if you repeat a solo jump, land it fine don't even attempt a combination then its just zayak violation no points?

Ant

Doggygirl

Record Breaker
The skater gets the benefit of the doubt in this situation - the assumption of the Combo. This rule has been applied to a number of performances this season. So the rules as they stand today were applied correctly.

DG

antmanb

Record Breaker
Doggygirl said:
The skater gets the benefit of the doubt in this situation - the assumption of the Combo. This rule has been applied to a number of performances this season. So the rules as they stand today were applied correctly.

DG

Really? So the skater might in fact get penalised more by doing a solo triple that s/he fully intended to merely breach the Zayak rule and not count but throw in a difficult combo later only to have it not count because the judges are scoring things that magically aren't in the performance??

God help us this scoring system is even more f****d than i thought it was...and i thought it was pretty f****d to start with.

Ant