View Poll Results: Who does the best Biellmann?

Voters
85. You may not vote on this poll
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Who has the best Beilmann of the current attempts?

Who has the best Beilmann of the current attempts?

So we all know that we see way too many beilmann "attempts" but of the current crop of skaters who does the best one?

Skating Freak Barbie
    Was a toss-up between Arakawa and Czisny....but finally had to vote for Czisny after seeing her live a few times!

what didn't kill me-made me stronger!
    Irina, for sure!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    But just one question: why did you put that picture of her? there are better photos for sure

Sasha's, thankfully, has been getting much better, but she still has too much knee in her "free" leg

I voted for Emily's... loved it at nationals

Banned
    I'm stuck between Alissa and Emily. I think Alissa's might be slightly better looking just because she has longer legs, it gives the move a very graceful and elegant look.

Irina, not because of position but the way she forms the position. Her skate seems to be "thrown" and how the leg is raised - out standing. The others have a up and down of the leg / knee that is fine but not as fluid in the formation. Alissa second in form and position. Mao still looks ..... I don't know how to say it .... peculiar?
    Last edited by SeaniBu; 04-12-2006 at 09:03 PM.

Banned
    Czisny first, with Slutskaya runner up. No way would it be Asada, she does not even do it properly, she twists her leg diagonaly rather than holding it straight back. Cohen and Arakawa barely do one turn in the Biellman position when they try it.

Medalist
    Emily. Just look at the pictures.

Custom Title
    Well, any of the skaters who grabbed their wrist instead of their skate means they don't have enough shoulder flexibility, so they are out.

I think Alissa. I think she has the most back flexibility than any other skater (hence, her gorgeous layback spin). But when I first saw Alissa doing a Bielmann in a competition it was absolutely breathtaking. I never felt that way about any other skater when I watched their Bielmann.

BTW, is Mao Asada really that skinny?!!!!

This was hard to decide, but I am "sticking to my guns." Watched the Olys vids last night, and I will still say IRINA!!!!!

Mainly because this was not a question of who has the best position, can't argue with Alissa (still weird to me that she has that spelling, (only because a girl I dated in JR high used the same spelling but pronunciation was a•lees•a - probably because she was a gymnast weirdo) just as good as Denise's in position / shape. But Irina uses and forms it so well, like "out of the blue" just to top off a spin, wham there it is. Also her axis doesn't float around - "spins on a dime." Not to say it wasn't one after the other in excess. But never the less - effortless and as good as her body will allow.

The way she does it is superior, but the "shape" is in the top 5.

I could not vote for Irina, because she does way too many of them. In addition, I have never really liked the way she does them. I wanted to vote for Sasha, but in the end, I had to vote for Alissa because her beilmann is better.

Quote Originally Posted by passion
    Well, any of the skaters who grabbed their wrist instead of their skate means they don't have enough shoulder flexibility, so they are out.

I think Alissa. I think she has the most back flexibility than any other skater (hence, her gorgeous layback spin). But when I first saw Alissa doing a Bielmann in a competition it was absolutely breathtaking. I never felt that way about any other skater when I watched their Bielmann.

BTW, is Mao Asada really that skinny?!!!!
    The picture of Mao was from a few years ago I think, so she might only be 11 or 12.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by CDMM1991
    The picture of Mao was from a few years ago I think, so she might only be 11 or 12.
    Thank goodness! Otherwise, I would say that she needs to eat more and not spend so much time spinning! (If she was 16 in that pic). I am a big supporter of healthy eating!

Rinkside
    I think definetly IRINA!! She's so precise!

OH, Stars on Ice. LOVE the pic. That is one of my prized pics in my files - far left.

Welcome, although I am sure Mathman has already said it.

Just watched the SP from the Oly's and Emmie's was really good! I mean fantastic!!!! I still like the way Irina forms and releases, yet the actual shape is not as "perfect" as other's "shape. Wow Emmie's SP Beillmann was good though.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast