Dubreuil & Lauzon - | Golden Skate

Dubreuil & Lauzon -

chania36

On the Ice
Hi, I just watched a program here in Quebec, which is a french province where they come from and they did an interview tonight that was just on and they said that they havent decided yet to retire from elligible competition or to come back for one more year to try and get the Worlds title.... They should give their decision within a month they say... Very nice interview, I did not taped it because I was watching TV and saw that they were on and just about to give this interview... So I hope they will come back next year...

They are so touching, the interviewer on the sport channel, showed them the fall at the olympics and just talking about it their eyes were filled up with tears, they are so sweet and it is obvious that they love each other, a kind of love just like Gordeeva and Grinkov had and showed to us on the ice and off the ice... What we see on the ice is not an act, it is pure love that they have for each other and it is noticeable even when they talk and sitting together, very nice couple and very nice to see them together, they are in love for real... Hope to see them again next year and if not, well I am pretty sure they will be on SOI, the canadian tour in the future, we did not have a dance couple on it since Bourne and Kraatz I believe taht was canadian, maybe we had Gorca Sur and his partner one year but I would love to see D&L.

What they bring to the ice and the skating world is magical and spectacular...

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
thanks for this. Yes, I saw them on both English and French channels. Of course, hearing them speak their native tongue - French was neat, but I did not understand much. I will be glad if they do decide to stick around. They should aim for the Vancouver Olympics!!!

I just love them.

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I would love to see them stay for the 2010 Olympics. They're my favorites.

Dee

icenine

Rinkside
Listen, they have really turned me around about ice dancing. My complaint has been that many ice dancers tend to spend way too much time grinning maniacally at the judges instead of gazing soulfully into each others eyes. The emotional connection is not there, and the lifts are asinine.

You see true intimacy with these two, and their lifts are elegant and worthy of dancers. Wish they'd stay eligible til Vancouver, but Ill settle for one more year. They deserve to be world gold medallists. In my mind they already are, but that counts for nothing....

euterpe

Medalist
If they return next year, there is no guarantee they will be back on the podium, though. Denkova/Staviiski were on the podium then dumped for a couple of years. Belbin/Agosto were semi-dumped this year. And Worlds next year will be in Toyko, without that friendly audience.

Although I love Denk/Stav, I have an equal love for Dub/Lauz. Count my vote in for a continuance of both teams.

Joe

chania36

On the Ice
Thank you for the link, I started this thread and I did not know of that so thankyou for putting it here. It is in french though, just for people to know

quof

Rinkside
You're welcome, Chania, we wouldn't have known about the program if not for you! I was able to understand generally what they said, but a rough translation of the main points sure would be appreciated.......

Linny

Final Flight
Marie-France Hair Cut

Can someone point me to a picture that shows Marie-France's current hair cut? It used to be all fly-away and now it's beautiful. I'd like to take a good picture to my own sylist...

Linny

CB1AB2

Medalist
I Agree They Are A Striking Couple On The Ice And It Would Be A Shame If They Didn't Return == I'm Glad They Did So Well In Front Of The Home Crowd Audience ==but == Whatever They Do I Wish Them All The Best

Cb

euterpe

Medalist
Dee4707 said:
I would love to see them stay for the 2010 Olympics. They're my favorites.

Dee

Marie France will be 35 in 2010 and Patrice will be 34. Staying in for 4 more years will get harder and harder with each passing year. Drobiazko and Vanagas were able to do it at those ages because they came back just for this season---they were doing show skating since the last Olympics.

Ptichka

Forum translator
Record Breaker
I also like the team a lot. Since I was never a B&K fan, I'd say this is the first Canadian dance team I truly like.

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I noticed Marie France dressed in what looked like a kimono, what program was that from?? Can anyone give us the highlights of what they were talking about.

Dee

Jasper

Final Flight
euterpe said:
Marie France will be 35 in 2010 and Patrice will be 34. Staying in for 4 more years will get harder and harder with each passing year. Drobiazko and Vanagas were able to do it at those ages because they came back just for this season---they were doing show skating since the last Olympics.

Maybe Dubreuil/Lauzon should do the same. Go pro for a while and come back the season before the Olys. I don't think they'll miss Vancouver, I really don't. They'll want one more chance at performing a beautiful Olympic FS. :)

Big Deal

Final Flight
I watched the interview and became totally jealous because of the wonderful connection between in this 2 lovely persons.
I can't understand French , but their body language told everything.
They paid a non-stop suppportive attention to each other. Wonderful.

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Jasper said:
Maybe Dubreuil/Lauzon should do the same. Go pro for a while and come back the season before the Olys. I don't think they'll miss Vancouver, I really don't. They'll want one more chance at performing a beautiful Olympic FS. :)

Look where D/V placed at the 2006 Olympics. Do you think D/L will want to come back to place off the podium? When a team has been out of contention for two or more years, they lose momentum and other teams have the opportunity to impress the judges.

attyfan

Custom Title
Medalist
Maybe, they could do something along the lines of what Todd Eldredge did --- knock off for a year or two, and then come back. I don't know, though, if the technical requirements change for dance under the CoP as much as it did for men (in terms of requiring the quad) between '98 and '02.

Alvyne

On the Ice
Country
Canada
From what they said in that interview, they have no intention of competing in Vancouver 2010. They might stay for one more year, but that's it. They have other plans for the future. They want to skate professionnally for a few years, have children and open an ice dance school in Québec.