How about YOU? | Golden Skate

How about YOU?

Grgranny

Da' Spellin' Homegirl
I haven't done this for a long time. I try to start a thread about anyone that would like to answer.

A lot of the posters don't put anything in their history, etc. I would like to get to know you better. One thing that I keep wondering is if you are a female or male.
People's user names don't usually give you a clue. Like Johnny. I have pretty much put history in my additional history. I know there are quite a few that probably have reasons they don't want to. (Oops, did I just end a sentence in a preposition with?) :rofl: So, how about telling us more about you? What are your likes and dislikes, hobbies, school, job, whatever.

Now, I need to get back to those #^*%$ taxes.

merrywidow

Record Breaker
I am a female, aged 70, have 2 children aged 43 & 40, 1 20 yr old grandson, am a retired banker, enjoy traveling, reading, jigsaw puzzles, corresponding by snail mail with my 25 or so penpals worldwide, genealogy, am a widow of 16 years, have lived in N.J., Alabama, Nevada & Montana. I'm an animal lover & have a dog who looks like a wolf but isn't. I love all types of music from opera to country, am liberal minded, love to laugh, watch Amazing Race, I have loved & followed figure skating since the late 1960's & admire all skaters who are dedicated to becoming the best skater they can be. Is that enough?

heyang

Record Breaker
Female - no problem with being 41 1/2. Still Single and looking for Mr. Right. Enjoy spending time with my 6 yr old nephew and 4 yr old niece. Work for a major clothing manufacturer/retailer in the company's IT department - so, sometimes I have Friends and Family coupons available. I took piano lessons for 9 years and still enjoy playing occasionally. Love to dance and read. I also enjoy watching the Amazing Race - Survivor and Apprentice are getting a little redundant IMO. Steady watcher of figure skating since 1988. The 1st Oly's I watched were the summer games with Nadia Comanichi, but gymnastics lost a my attention several years ago. The 1st winter games I can recall is the 84 Sarajevo games because of all the hype about Scott Hamilton. Favorite female skater is Michelle Kwan with Kristi Yamaguchi a very close 2nd. Favorite males are Boitano, Wylie and Browning, but mostly as pros. Favorite pair - Gordeeva & Grinkov. Favorite Dance - Torville/Dean.

CDMM1991

Medalist
I'm 14, female, and a student in high school. I've been figure skating since I was seven, and watching it since I can remember. I also play basketball and volleyball, and love to ski.

CB1AB2

Medalist
Hi = I'm a 51 yr old female = married and have 1 son 27 = I love to read = I've been watching American Idol since the 1st season = have gone to 3 of the shows = Clay is my favorite = my husband and I used to play paintball = when we were in our 20's we belly danced we were the only husband and wife team in the Boston area= skating is one thing that I love and my husband hates, needless to say we have 2 tv's =Todd Eldredge is my all time favorite skater = he is a class act = and next week I get to see him when I go to see Stars on Ice

CB

julietvalcouer

Final Flight
Female (though my username should make that fairly clear, even though it's not my real name.) 27. I work (as a professional cook at a skating club) and I skate (ice dance, pre-bronze, and Pre-Juvenile MIF, and no, I am not testing as an Adult). I've been skating for almost a year and a half now. I'm also a writer (one professional sale so far) of fantasy fiction and am hoping to break into the cozy mystery market, partially because I enjoy it and partially because it's pretty darn lucrative if you can hook an audience. I'm single, thought not content to be so, and am looking forward to my parents bringing my cat and two of my fish out to live with me.

Rusty Blades

Rinkside
Female, 56, twice married, three times single, only 4-legged kids. By day I am a not-so-mild-mannered data network designer with the Provincial electrical utility specializing in digital video and within 3 years of retirement. By night I am a mild mannered returning figure skater trying to catch up after 36 years away. I live on a rural acreage 30 minutes out of Winnipeg and already have plans to bulldoze part of my yard for a 50x100 foot practice rink :biggrin:

SusanBeth

Final Flight
Hi, I am female and a widow. I have 2 very wonderful daughters. My eldest is 20 years old and is in college. My youngest is 17 and in High School. I am in that wonderful stage of parenthood in which I spend a great deal of time biting my tongue and praying. ;) Fortunately, I have kind daughters who go out of their way to keep from driving me nuts. My 3 cats, on the other hand, don't have a shred of mercy for me. ;)

I have skated once in my life. I fell about 13 times and soon discovered the relative joys of figure skating fandom. I am also a major history buff and enjoy reading..

Last edited:

iluvtodd

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Female. married to a guy who fortunately really appreciates figure skating (and suggested ordering tickets a year in advance to Nationals and Worlds when they came to Philly & Washington, DC in 1998, 2003, respectively). I teach English to Speakers of Other Languages (aka ESOL) in a Philly elementary school. I love to skate around on the ice, even though i can't jump or spin. As my screen name suggests, I'm very fond of Todd (& figure skating in general), and I enjoy most kinds of music, especially classic rock, classical, Broadway musicals, and movie soundtracks.

#1Kerryfan

Final Flight
Well, I'm a 14 year old girl, brown hair, brown eyes, 5' 4.5", 122 lbs. I live in Ohio, with my mom, dad and 8-year-old brother, Gianni. I am a freshman at the local public high school. At the high school, I am a member of the swim team, the Tigersharks, which rocks! Even though we've had trouble winning meets, it's still fun and I love everyone on it. I write books, too, and I really like doing that. I also like to hang out with my friends. We can do whatever wherever whenever and still have fun. I like skating (of course). My favorite skaters are Sasha Cohen and Emily Hughes. I also like politics, and my favorite politician is John Kerry. Other favorite pastimes are reading, biking, listening to music, talking on the phone, watching movies, and going to camp in the summer. But with all the things I like, there are still things I hate. I can't stand our enemy swim team, the Mentor Cardinals, some people at my school, having fights and the Bush administration.

That's just about it. Now hopefully you know a little more about me.

Last edited:

dlkksk8fan

Medalist
I'm a 46 year old female, married for 23 years and a mother of two sons ages 20 and 16. I'm a stay at home mom (since my youngest was born). With all my extra time I skate. I have passed my adult pre-bronze MIF test and Freestyle test and am trying to pass my adult bronze MIF. I also collect figure skating books and have almost 400 of them.

flutterby1145

Rinkside
I'm an 18 year old female. I'm a senior at a small Christian school and I will graduate on May 19. I was born and raised in Louisville, KY. In August I'm going to move to Richmond, KY to attend college and study Criminal Justice and my goal is to graduate magna cum laude.

I have been a fan of figure skating for about 8 1/2 years. A fluff piece on Tara Lipinski and Michelle Kwan before the Ladies' LP at the 1998 Nationals is what sparked my interest, and I instantly idolized Tara. Then I started watching figure skating whenever it was on TV and collected anything I could find that had Tara on it. On Mother's Day 1998, I went skating for the first time, although I didn't start taking lessons until about five weeks ago (my parents never had the money to afford lessons when I was younger). I love skating more every time I go to the rink.
My favorite females: Tara, Michelle, Irina, Shizuka, Katia, Kimmie, Emily.
Favorite males: Evan, Johnny, Evgeni, Rudy, Victor Petrenko, Alexei Yagudin, Alexander Abt.
Favorite pairs: Rena Inoue/John Baldwin, Tatiana Totimianina/Maxim Marinin, The Zhangs, Shen/Zhou
Favorite dance teams: Tanith Belbin/Ben Agusto, Tatiana Navka/Roman Kostmanov

I love to watch cop/lawyer shows. My favorite shows are Law&Order SVU, Law&Order CI, NYPD Blue, and InJustice.

I have no brothers or sisters. I have three cats, one is 11 years old and the other two are 10 years old. I have a 13 week old solid black Cocker Spaniel.

I listen to all types of music. My favorite musicians are Bon Jovi, James Blunt and Dolly Parton.

equestrianguy

On the Ice
I am a 31 yr old male that lives in Southern IL. My family raises Appaloosa and Quarter horses. I live in the house my mother grew up in which is right across the road from the farm I was raised on. I have a art education and history BFA degree from Southern IL Univ at Carbondale. Right now my job mainly is raising and taking care of around 25 head of horses. On my personal time I work on my own art and design ads for owners/farms/horses for horse magazines. I have horses in training in Olympia, WA and south of Toledo, OH. Our World show is held in FTW, Texas every year. Some of my favorite vacatin spots are: Vegas, Disney World, Savannah and Pacific NW. Some of my favorite skaters to watch over the years have been Michelle Kwan, Chen Lu, Oksana B, Yagudin, Lambiel, Syria Bonaly, G&G, Artur Demitriev with both partners, B&S, Z&S, Navka, Annisina and Pezart, Sasha Cohen, and Brian Boitono..

SingAlto

On the Ice
Female (if the username doesn't give that away) 42 years old. Single. No kids. 1 dog. I work in a book store, and I've been a Brian Boitano fan for 18 years. My other favorite skaters are: Michelle Kwan, Sasha Cohen, Belbin & Agosto, Yuka Sato, to name a few.

skatergirlaj

On the Ice
Female-25 yrs old,married almost 3 yrs,Navy wife,expecting our first baby in 7 wks., a little boy,domestic goddess(sounds better than housewife) and will be a stay at home Mom atleast till my son goes to school,may or may not work outside the home after that,haven't decided. I figure skate...more so recreationally than competively,live in Tn. and I teach piano. And I have more hobbies than i have energy to write about right now.