Canadian Idol | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Canadian Idol

Kara Bear

Final Flight
AHHHH...who got cut????????? Its not on here because of the election coverage.

Last edited:

mike79

On the Ice
Spoiler...Results

Ritchie, Candida, and Karen-Lee all got sent home. The big surprise was Toya in the bottom 4.

Kara Bear

Final Flight
Thanks Mike...you must have cable...lucky duck!

I'm really surprised about Karen-Lee. I thought she performed really well last night.

Sally1214

Spectator
Aww, Kara, you didn't see the show tonight? I'm in Halifax and I saw it. The election coverage was on ATV (as you know); and, just as I was about to give up on Idol, the announcer said, "thousands voted in the Nova Scotia election today, but MILLIONS of you voted for your favorites on Canadian Idol last night. If you want to see the results show, just move on up the dial to our sister station, ASN.) I was SOOOO glad I was standing right in front of the TV when he said that. :D

Anyway ..... I also was REALLY surprised that Karen Lee was voted off. She was one of my very favorites last night.
Sally

starshinexavier

On the Ice
I was sooo shocked when Karen Lee was voted off. I thought she had one of the 3 best performances Tuesday night, and surprise, she's gone. Methinks that Jenny will be like Carmen and Josh from AI2. She'll be there for much longer than she should be, just like the forementioned American Idols. As long as Ryan and Audrey can last a few more weeks, I'm good to go.

mike79

On the Ice
So what did everyone think of tonights show? I was a little underwhelmed to say the least.

1. Ryan--Solid with great stage presence.
2. Toya--Strong voice, hit a Mariah note.
3. Audrey--Not her best, but still better than most of the others.
4. Jenny--She may not be Motown but as Zack said, she can sing.
5. Billy--Should have sung something more upbeat.
6. Tyler--I'm sorry but Motown is not country.
7. Mikey--He has the weakest voice out of the whole group.
8. Gary--That was just awful. He won't be back.

My predictions: Bottom 4 will be Gary, Billy, Tyler, Jenny(should be Mikey)

Gary and either Billy or Tyler go(should be Mikey to go but he has the little girl fan base)

Sweetie

Rinkside
Re: Re: Canadian Idol

mike79 said:

Have you noticed how much Audrey looks like Josee Chouinard? The resemblence is crazy!

The resemblance is so striking, it's not even funny. But Audrey really has an amazing voice, she's my vote for Canadian Idol... now I'm just wondering *how* Jenny's still in there... :confused:

starshinexavier

On the Ice
I too was a little disappointed with tonight's show. Not as much good singing as last week, with huge gaps between the idols. Ryan was my pick for the best of the night. I greatly enjoyed his little dance too. It was nice to see them make an attempt at something other than singing. Zack's little Weezer quote when he was done of "you look just like Buddy Holly" had me laughing really hard. Same with his comment about Tyler being the whitest white guy out there. No one else really impressed me that much tonight.

My top 3:
Ryan
Billy
Audrey

My Bottom 3:
Tyler
Gary
Jenny

Last edited:

Kara Bear

Final Flight
I can't believe it...I forgot to vote!!! I got caught up in watching a movie. BTW, Catch me if you can is super!

I also wasn't very impressed by tonights show. Few of the contestants really have anything close to a Motown style.

Ryan- I think he did really welll, considering Motown is not his style. he is so cool.
Toya - i"m really turned off by her now that I've found out that she competed in Popstars, finished in the top 5, and got a recording deal. Why is she allowed to compete?
Audrey - showed that she has weaknesses.
Jenny - I really liked her! Shes growing on me. I think she takes a song and performs in a way that is totally unique to her. And she looked awesome tonight!
Billy - I kinda liked it tonight...he actually sings well when hes not screaming.
Mikey - ahhhhh, why is he still here
Gary - poor guy...this should have been his night to shine...he has a vioce that is made for Motown singing.

And I am really curious now as to what kind of underwear Ben wears...and Zack too. Hes cute in an angry kind of way. :)

So I would have probablly have voted for Ryan and Jenny. Although no one really stood up and screamed "I AM THE CANADIAN IDOL!" tonight.

sk8tngcanuck

On the Ice
Motown Night

With the exception of Toya, Motown night was, IMO disastrous.

I wish they would let these people sing what they can sing, and not dictate to them. Some of those people are soooo much more talented than these restrictions allow for them to show.

My votes tonight were for Audrey Toya and Billy. Ya, Ya, I know.... BILLY>>HUH >> WHAT WAS SHE THINKING !!!! but there is just something about him that I love. Don't know what it is, but its something!

Hopefully next week's performances won't be so abysmal.

mike79

On the Ice
Well the results are in and they're a bit of a surprise.

Tyler, Billy, and Mikey were the bottom 3. I couldn't believe that Gary wasn't there.

Mikey and Tyler were eliminated. I was so happy when Mikey was kicked out first. It was obvious that he had the weakest voice out of the whole group and he was only being voted for by teenybop fans.

It looks like we have a real competition heating up.

starshinexavier

On the Ice
mike79 said:
Tyler, Billy, and Mikey were the bottom 3. I couldn't believe that Gary wasn't there.

ITA!!! I was like :confused: :eek: when it was Billy making his way to the middle of the stage and not Gary.

I'm just thrilled that Ryan's still there, and methinks that he'll be sticking around for a while.

Kara Bear

Final Flight
I totally agreed with the choice of the two who got voted out.
The look on Billy's face when he was told he was in the bottom 3 was priceless. He, and the judges I think as well, were very surprised to hear that. But I am so glad I will be able to hear both Billy and Gary again next week.

Last edited:

Sweetie

Rinkside
FYI to Americans/Non-Canadians- People have uploaded songs onto Kazaa... So you can see what talent Canada has :)

starshinexavier

On the Ice
Well, tonight was certainly interesting. I don't know where to begin............. I really liked seeing the Idols playing on the beach. That was quite amusing, especially Ryan. He's such a little ham, and is quite hilarious. Now onto the singing..........

Jenny was meh. Better than what I've heard before, but just meh. My mom could hear the TV from where she was reading, and she said that she thought she was horrible. I thought she looked sooo much better with straight hair. I'd rank her 3rd, surprisingly.

Gary's performance makes me shudder. I wanted to gauge my ears out, but then decided against it because Ryan hadn't gone on yet. He BUTCHERED that song. I seriously hope that he doesn't move on any further, and if he does, I will change the channel when he's on. What were the judges smoking as well?!?! IMO, their credibility as music bigwigs are going down the crapper at an alarming rate. I'd rank him LAST!

Audrey was disappointing. She really seems to be struggling with all the english, and I'm starting to feel sorry for her. I hope she can do better next week. I'd rank her 4th.

Man, as each week goes by, I love Billy more and more. Not more than Ryan, but it's getting close. I enjoy CCR, and Billy did them justice! I'm very tempted to vote for him this week. I love it much better when he sings rock. I'd rank him 2nd.

Don't like Toya, didn't listen to her since I was on the phone, but what I heard made my stomach ache. I hope she's gone soon. I'd rank her 5th.

Ryan was great, I love him, he sang that song well. I don't think there was anyone who didnt sing the chorus along with him either. Go Ryan. I'd obviously rank him first.

mike79

On the Ice
My Rankings:

1.Jenny-That song was what Jenny is all about. She shone last night.
2.Toya-I'm so happy Toya showed some personality for once. Strong vocally as well.
3.Audrey-Not bad, but her song was too 'safe'.
4.Ryan-Wasn't impressed this week. It was more about the dancing than the singing. I expected more from him.
5.Gary-I'll give Gary credit for being 1000 times better than last week. It's too bad he had to hide the fact that he couldn't hit the high notes by putting them in his lower register.
6.Billy-I love this guy but I agreed with the judges. The song wasn't right for him.

I think bottom 3 will be Toya, Gary, and Billy, with Billy getting the heave-ho.

mike79

On the Ice
When they started to announce who would be in the bottom 3 tonight I thought that my prayers had been answered: Gary was the first in the bottom 3.

But then one of the worst scenarios came up: Toya was also in that bottom group, followed by Audrey. The two best voices in the competition were in the bottom 3!

And then Gary was sent back, leaving Toya and Audrey as the bottom 2!

In the end the most technically capable singer was eliminated: Toya. There is only one word to describe this crap---Tamyra.

Gary better go next week. He's the worst out of the ones left, and there's no one who would buy his album.

starshinexavier

On the Ice
Looks like I'm the only one that's glad Toya's gone. I haven't liked her singing since the beginning. The shrillness she has sometimes when she sings really put me off. Gary better be gone next week. I don't know how much more butchering I can take from him. He creeps me out too. Looking forward to good things next week from everyone, since there are great songs that can be selected for next weeks theme.

Kara Bear

Final Flight
I'm glad Toya is gone too. Her singing didn't do anything for me. I just found it fake and unoriginal. And the whole Popstars thing is a turn off too.
My fav is still Ryan. Hes so cute. But I really enjoyed Billy this week as well. I think when he finds someone who teaches him to control his voice and use it well, he will be rockin! Right now when he gets into the screaming mode, I don't really care for it.