Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Canadian Idol

Hickie!
    I almost had a major heart attack today with the thought that Ryan would be gone after tonight. Thank heavens it didn't happen that way. I'm now convinced that he's going to win. His fans will be incredibly rabid next week when it comes to voting, to ensure that this doesn't happen again. Here's to hoping he takes the title of Canadian Idol.

This rabid fan's votes were directed toward Billy this week, but how could I have forsaken my future husband. Have I mentioned that I think Ryan is soo cute!

I felt bad for Jenny, but I have to agree with what Jake said. Out of all the contestants, she will have the longest career and it will keep on getting better with time. And like Mike, I will be buying her cd. Jenny from the rock, well, she ROCKS!

Hickie!
    Originally posted by Kara Bear
    Have I mentioned that I think Ryan is soo cute!
    Kara, you rock!!!:D As you can tell, he's my fav. I'm going to be one of the rabid fans that will be voting for him next week. Joys of being away from home and having my own phone line!:D

Custom Title
    This should have been the week when people shined. Instead we had two people who did really well, one who was good, and one who should go no matter what.

1. Audrey: Her best in weeks and was easily the best tonight.

2. Billy: Although Billy's song selection was poor he worked with what he had.

3. Ryan: He did okay with the songs he chose but singing Patsy Cline is a little out of his range. His second song may have been well delivered but come on, David Hasselhoff did a version of that song--pretty cheesy.

4. Gary: Horrible. He ruined two great songs. If you want to hear a good version of Let's Stay Together don't ever listen to Gary's version, and if you ever want to hear a good version of When a Man Loves a Woman listen to any version but Gary's. I mean, was he for real tonight? He was worse than Josh Gracin could ever hope to be.

Predictions: If Gary doesn't go there's something wrong, but you never know with the way the voting is going.

Round 1

Billy - after the last few weeks when he was awesome, I was expecting a lot out of Billy. He didn't live up to it, but still did a goood job. And he looked great in his suit too....very Jake Gold like.

Audrey - sang Norah Jones' song Turn me On. This was the best I've heard her in weeks. It was good because the song stayed in her range and there wern't many words in it.

Ryan - hmmm, so cute...but not a Patsy Cline song type of guy. My mom thought he was doing it for his mother, which makes it kind of sweet, but still not up to the level of greatness my cutie can achieve.

Gary - ok, all regional pride I had in this guy is gone. Gary please learn some dicton or something. He slurs all his words... drives me crazy.

Round 2

Billy - bad outfit change, ok song. Still doesn't live up to Levon last week, which i may try to download. It was that good.

Audrey - I hate Whitney Houston songs. This one had too many words and was too high for her. Not as good as the first.

Ryan - better than the first, but still hohum

Gary - whhhhhyyyyyy???????

Custom Title
    I can't believe that Audrey got the boot tonight, although it's not that surprising considering Jenny was booted last week and Toya the week before. It's just so wrong that Gary is still there when he was the worst last night and Audrey was by far the best of the evening.

I'm now officially switching to the Ryan side. I hope he wins, and if not him, Billy. If Gary wins this competition it means that Canada has failed.

Hickie!
    I was totally shocked when I saw the results on the internet. Sadly, there's no accessible cable in my part of res, so no Canadian Idol for me. I can't believe Gary's still there. It's kinda disappointing as well, since Audrey was sooo much better than him. I'm soo rooting for Ryan now, and if I can figure out how my phone works, then I'll try my best to vote. I'm beginning to lose faith in the Canadian public.

I have to agree with you guys...why is Gary still there???????? Whoever is voting for him, STOP IT!

Does anyone else think that Sass was on drugs last night? She was weird and what was up with Ben's 'big stick'. Weird.

Tripping on the Podium
    Something was off with Sass last night, almost like she knew ahead of time that Audrey was a goner.

I can't believe she's gone and *Gary* is still there!!! What in the world is happening?! Gary SLAUGHTERED "When A Man Loves A Woman" and ruined so many more songs for me... and Audrey... well, she's going to be a huge star, with or without Canadian Idol.

I'm joining the Ryan bandwagon now too, although I think Billy's going to win. If Gary wins this whole thing... those who voted for him are now part of Canada's population who are TONE DEAF.

Simon Cowell would have a freak-out session if he listened to Audrey vs. Gary...

Custom Title
    My thoughts on tonights show:

Ryan: Stole the show with He Ain't Heavy, He's My Brother. Also did extremely well with that Billy Joel song.

Billy: Great showing from him as well. He really kicked butt on Plush by STP.

Gary: He wasn't too bad but he's nowhere near the same league as Ryan and Billy. I was disappointed with his version of Overjoyed because I thought he could have done a lot more with it. Charles Grigsby did a much better version of it on American Idol.

Overall it was a hald decent show. I still can't believe that Audrey, Toya, and Jenny all missed out on the final group. Once again Sass acted drunk (she probably was) and she couldn't stop praising Gary. Her bias toward him is pathetic and shows that she shouldn't be there next season.

Gary deserves to go tomorrow, but with the way the voting is going he'll end up winning the whole thing.

Mike, I'm scared that Gary is going to win the whole thng. That just wouldn't be right! Last night there was a news story about him and it profiled a girl who voted for him over THREE HUNDRED TIMES in one night. She had two phones on the go. Its people like that that make me mad!

I'm scared for Billy tonight, but I feel the top two SHOULD be Billy and Ryan, but it probably won't turn out like that. Especially with the judges really really horribly wrong song selection for Billy last night. Every time you go away - bad eighties pop just isn't Billy. And they didn't even try to update it by changing the background music. Billy looked like he just didn't want to be singing that song, and I don't blame him. But man, he kicked butt with plush.

Of course, Ryan was awesome.

Gary is just plain boooooooring!

Custom Title
    Typical. Gary advances and Billy is eliminated. I'm convinced that Billy got caught in the middle because Billy and Ryan fans split their votes. I hope that guarantees a Ryan win next week since all of the Billy votes should swing Ryan's way.

It was awesome tonight when Zach said Gary didn't deserve to be there and then Jake agreed.

Billy's final performance was amazing tonight. He sings Levon better than Elton John.

Buttle "Catch The Victory" ~ Torino 2006
    I am VERY disapointed that Billy got the boot tonight. ARGH. I am so mad. I don't understand why Gary is still there. I mean sure Gary, Billy & Ryan all did a fantastic job, and I'm not a Gary fan. Wouldn't buy his CD if it came out, I don't like his style of music.

I was ticked off at Zack last night with the comments he made about Billy's song he sang from one of his Idol's. Like "HELLO JUDGES (ESPECIALLY ZACK), you've told them to choose a song from their IDOL, and so he did, so don't go and knock off the group and make fun of his performance. I mean that was so low I found. Then why ask them who their Idol's are, and why make them sing a song by their Idol - if they are just going to get chewed up by them after.

I was hoping Ryan & Billy were the last two standing, but since they aren't, I'll be rooting for Ryan 100% !!!

Custom Title

sk8tngcanuck

All I want to know is WHO THE HECK IS VOTING FOR GARY????

I will never claim to be a music or voice officianado, but Gary is a truly awful singer to my ear..... and I may mention that is the ear of the market which buys the darn cd's. Even my husband singing in the shower sounds better, and trust me, that's BAD!

I have liked Billy since his first audition, and am truly disappointed that he has been "voted off". I would buy anything he puts out on CD in a heartbeat.... Gary's music I wouldn't even consider.

All I know is Ryan better win next week, or this show will have lost all credibility with me.

GARRRRRY?????

Canuck

Custom Title

Re: ci

Originally posted by sk8tngcanuck

My choices for top 5: Candida, Audrey, Tyler H., Billy, and Sharon (praying for the wildcard).
    I know you may be wondering why Billy, and I can't really put my finger on it, other than I think he adds a spice to the group. He is different and not afraid to show it. I just really like him!

Who I think will make top 5: Mikey will go far (teeny bopper vote), Audrey, Candida, Tyler, and I am going to go out there and say Toya.

Will be interesting.
    I just had to go back and find that post from way back at the beginning of this thread.

Hmmm, I guess I was waaaaaay off base, lol. Not one of my top 5 are still there.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast