Update | Golden Skate

Update

sk8tngcanuck

On the Ice
Wow, it seems like it's forever since I updated anyone on my daughter's progress in skating. You guys were all so supportive when she started a couple years ago,and so many of you had great advice when I moved her to privates, and I can't believe I have been so remiss in posting updates.

She is having tremendous growth as a skater and loves it more and more every day. I just wish she would sometimes be a kid and make more time for "kid" things rather than eating and sleeping skating.

She has now mastered up to her double loop, and the flip is 1/4 cheat from being all the way around. Her spins suffered at the beginning of this season because of the focus on jumps, but since Christmas, they layed off the jumping and focussed on spins and footwork to make her a more rounded skater. She now has a beautiful flying camel, and a terrific sit/change sit. She needs more extension on her forward camel, but the back camel is beautiful (how that is possible is beyond me!)

As for tests, she has passed Jr. Bronze FS and Sr. Br. elements, Jr. Br. Skating Skills, and has 3/4 Jr. Silver dances.

Next year will be the true teller, as she will be moving to the competitive stream. She needed to get those doubles before she could move on, so now that they have decided to arrive and stick around, Competitive here she comes!

She has twice qualified for Provincial Finals, and placed well at both, so her conquest of the noncompetitive stream is complete!

Just wanted to give you all an update, and I will try to be more dilligent about it in the future!

Canuck

sk8rmom

Rinkside
Oh, good luck to her!!

My skating diva has currently passed her gold elements, and is preparing for her gold free skate test. She was unable to pass her pre-novice, sadly, since she would dearly have loved to do a season or two in the competetive stream, regardless of placements. I'm only assuming that your daughter has recently got her juvenile test, and if so, congratulations! Let us know how she does! :)

sk8tngcanuck

On the Ice
Hi mom,

Thanks for the support and good luck to your Diva!

Mine will be competing Pre Juv next season since she will still be age eligible. She won't turn 11 until December so she has a year's grace before going juvenile. She will need the double lutz to compete that level so that gives her another year to work on that one!

Canuck

sk8rmom

Rinkside
Oi...the double lutz!! Lots of snowy tights with that one!! :)

But I know she can do it...lots of time yet!

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
thanks for the updates :clap: I love reading about up and coming skaters :)

CDMM1991

Medalist
sk8rmom said:
Oh, good luck to her!!

My skating diva has currently passed her gold elements, and is preparing for her gold free skate test. She was unable to pass her pre-novice, sadly, since she would dearly have loved to do a season or two in the competetive stream, regardless of placements. I'm only assuming that your daughter has recently got her juvenile test, and if so, congratulations! Let us know how she does! :)

That pre-novice is a doozy. I didn't get it until my fourth time, so if she feels like giving up on it, it's not necessarily over yet.

Doggygirl

Record Breaker
Sk8mom & Canuck

Thanks for the updates on your daughters!!! I hope you will continue to provide updates, and very best wishes to both of them!!

DG

JOHIO2

Medalist
Thanks, Moms, for the updates. We always love hearing about the younger skaters and how they are progressing.