• Kimmie

68 45.64%
  • Sasha

81 54.36%

Thread: KIMMIE or SASHA?

Hybrid View

what didn't kill me-made me stronger!

Question KIMMIE or SASHA?

This season was very interesting...I know Kimmie is new but who do you like better?
    Americans,you have to choose one,who is it?
    Other people, who is better for you?
    Is it Kimmie?
    Or still it stays Sasha?

I am SO interested what is going to be here.

NOTE: DO NOT say anything about Michelle or Tara or Emily or anyone else. The question is clear, and please choose one onf theese.

Definately Sasha. One of the most artistic skaters around. I have enjoyed watching her even with the inconsistancies. Amazing. Kimmie needs time to develop. We'll see in the next few years if she can match her in this aspect.

Down With It
    IMO, too soon to tell. There is a five year age difference. I think it would be more fair to wait until Kimmie is closer to Cohen's age before they can be compared. Then we can compare them at the same age. JMO
    Last edited by R.D.; 04-02-2006 at 02:49 PM.

I like Kimmie a lot and look forward to watching her in the coming years. But I love Sasha so I had to vote for Sasha.

Ballroom Baby
    I want a 'neither' option. I totallly miss the emotion some people say they see in Sasha, and Kimmie so far isn't standing out to me except as a bit coltish. Though if I had to chose I suppose I'd have to say Kimmie, simply because I've been watching Sasha for five years now and she still does nothing for me, while Kimmie's new and might grow on me.

Custom Title
    In this minute Sasha has more skating skills, and has something unique , her extrem flexibility used in a very nice way.
    Kimmie as a skater is "nothing special" yet, but has an incredible technical and competitive ability, which is far better than Sasha's at the same age.

Shoe Diva
    Quote Originally Posted by julietvalcouer
    I want a 'neither' option. I totallly miss the emotion some people say they see in Sasha, and Kimmie so far isn't standing out to me except as a bit coltish. Though if I had to chose I suppose I'd have to say Kimmie, simply because I've been watching Sasha for five years now and she still does nothing for me, while Kimmie's new and might grow on me.
    I totally agree... After five years of Sasha, I'm still not a fan of her skating (even though I find HER highly amusing, espcially when she was going through her bad girl phase...) and after the same five years of seeing these prodigies spring up overnight & then disappear I simply cannot become emotionaly involved with the newbies... Having said that, Kimmie is a very competent skater who might be in the right place at the right time... (of course I felt the same way about NNN, Jenny, AP, BeBe, etc...) you just never know how one will stack up as time moves on...

Figure Skating Is A Dangerous Sport Dee4707's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Dog
    IMO, too soon to tell. There is a five year age difference. I think it would be more fair to wait until Kimmie is closer to Cohen's age before they can be compared. Then we can compare them at the same age. JMO
    ??????

Why can't we compare at Sasha's age of 16 instead of waiting another 5 years, some of us may be dead by then.

Dee

Down With It
    I guess you could do that too. Whatever, I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Dee
    Why can't we compare at Sasha's age of 16 instead of waiting another 5 years, some of us may be dead by then.
    We can't do that exactly because when Sasha was 16 (the 2000-2001 season) she had a back injury and did not compete. At 15 she got second at U.S. nationals and 6th in Junior Worlds.

At 17 Sasha was 4th at the Olympics and 4th at Worlds.

Quote Originally Posted by Kwanford Wife
    And of course that infamous 13 year old none of us are aware of yet...
    = Caroline Zhang (she'll be 13 on Saturday).

MM

Neither skater - i don't think i'd go out of my way to watch either of them. Kimmie is only 16 and i'm sure she'll improve her presentation/artistry so i'm not counting her out just yet. But at this point in time they both leave me cold.

Ant

Custom Title
    I love Sasha but have the feeling that Kimmie will be the next great one. I definitely see Kimmie winning multiple world titles.

Rinkside
    I like Kimmie. I think she's cute and energetic and I think that you can see that in her skating. She's also the closest thing the U.S. has technically to Japan and that makes me a little hopeful about U.S. skating.

I do, however, prefer Sasha Cohen's skating. She skates with much more maturity (well, obviously, she is much older) and I love her gorgeous lines and expressive moves. Michelle Kwan will always be my number one, but what I don't understand is when people say that Michelle Kwan is more artistic or vice versa. They both skate with very different styles that I honestly believe that it's like comparing (for those baseball fans) a power hitter to a contact hitter... can one really be better than the other? Sasha Cohen's style is beautiful in the same way that good opera is... it's just so pure and her elements connect and flow so effortlessly. I wasn't always on the Sasha bandwagon, but I am starting to be now.

Down With It
    I wasn't always on the Sasha bandwagon, but I am starting to be now.
    And maybe too little, too late as well.