Voters
149. You may not vote on this poll
  • Kimmie

68 45.64%
  • Sasha

81 54.36%
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: KIMMIE or SASHA?

I think Kimmie is better at 16 than Sasha was at 18. At 19 Sasha showed me that there was more to her than flexibility in Dortmund. However, she continues to be eratic and I think we are all waiting for that wishful 2 clean routines.

Kimmie is still a work in progress. There is a budding lyrical style and I think a season of COI will bring her to fruition.

I think the two ladies in question can be compared competitively but I would say Sasha has it all over her in show skating.

Joe

Custom Title
    On that afternoon in Calgary Kimmie was the best skater and competitor. She has not developed artistically yet, but she will. She has a solid technique which will serve her well. Sasha's main weapon is her flexibility which is great for show skating. As far as eligible competitions are concerned, Kimmie is already better than Sasha.

Vash

Custom Title

Sasha or Kimmie

Sasha! Because I believe Sasha is the most elegant skater I've seen ever. Sasha is one of a kind and I doubt we'll see another skater that comes close to her extension, gracefulness and presentation.

I really feel age has nothing to do with it. At the age of 15, Sasha had already mastered the elegence and style she has today. Kimmie will improve, of course, but she doesn't have that basic quality.

Not to say that Kimmie doesn't have wonderful qualities. Kimmie is a tough competitor and has great jumps, etc. She's here to stay and hopefully will have a great career with many, many more medals to come.

I feel it's really unfair to compare these two skaters because they are totally different in style. They each have special qualities and it really depends on a fan's likes an dislikes as to whom they prefer.

Dizzy

Down With It
    It's a style thing, IMO. they both have their strengths and weaknesses. But it's not a fair comparison IMO because Kimmie isn't quite finished with the development process. She has the potential to become really stunning when she gets older. I'd wait until Kimmie is 21 and then we can compare her then to SC now. JMHO

Custom Title
    I love Sasha but have the feeling that Kimmie will be the next great one. I definitely see Kimmie winning multiple world titles.

Custom Title
    Definitely Kimmie.
    She 's the future, already looks to me like her technique is more solid than Sasha's, and judging by what she did at the Marshall's Showcase, her grace and femininity are coming along FAST!
    She also seems to actually have FUN skating, and doesn't seem to care if she's at the hometown pond or the Olympics.......which makes for the perfect competition mindset.
    Nothing against Sasha, I'd love to see her in something like 'Swan Lake' (along the lines of 'Nutcracker on Ice', maybe), or in a movie, provided she puts on just a few pounds......

what didn't kill me-made me stronger!
    Quote Originally Posted by krenseby
    This question is definitely slanted to make Kimmie bad.

No,it isn't!!!!
    I made this pool, and I HATE Sasha and her funny skating!!!!
    Still I don't get how more people are choosing her...

Down With It
    Funny skating? I've heard people say terrible skating, flat skating, boring skating, even truck driver, but "funny skating"- that's certainly a new one

Remember that the majority of the posters on this board are North American. But all I know is that here in the US many more skating fans prefer Cohen to Meissner. My personal opinion is that it's not a fair comparison because one has a developed style and the other doesn't.

Let's all remember to choose our words carefully, and remember not everyone has English for their first language on here... granted those of us who do are in teh majority, but let's keep that in mind...

As for people choosing Sasha over Kimmie - that's what makes skating great (and difficult to judge) it is completely subjective... what one person likes, another one won't...

that's why you see people cheering on Johnny Weir and not Evan Lysacek, even though they're gung ho USA skaters (or vice versa)

to ask people to all think the same way is not only boring, but it just flat out won't work. Sasha has been around longer and as such has aqquired a big fan base... no doubt Kim(mie) will have just as big a following in no time

what didn't kill me-made me stronger!
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Dog
    Funny skating? I've heard people say terrible skating, flat skating, boring skating, even truck driver, but "funny skating"- that's certainly a new one

Remember that the majority of the posters on this board are North American. But all I know is that here in the US many more skating fans prefer Cohen to Meissner. My personal opinion is that it's not a fair comparison because one has a developed style and the other doesn't.

Sasha skates for a medal,not for herself. She would be better actress than a skater.

Her smile is so not-real. And I personaly hate it. It dissapears when the program is finished.

She does skate funny, and her jumps are not very good at all.

People, face the true: you can like her, because of this or that, but she isn't good enough for a world champ! Simply isn't!

Down With It
    Quote Originally Posted by anything_for_skating
    Sasha skates for a medal,not for herself. She would be better actress than a skater.
    I will withhold judgement on her acting ability until I see her in a movie or show. However, indications tell me she can't be all that bad- she fake smiles her way onto the second-place podium all the time. Not everyone can do that. Only after this past Worlds could you tell that she really looked disappointed.

Her smile is so not-real. And I personaly hate it. It dissapears when the program is finished.
    ITA. The only time I saw her genuinely happy was on the 06 Nats podium (and for good reason).

She does skate funny, and her jumps are not very good at all.
    I'm not sure what you mean by "funny" here, but I'd put her jump (consistency) on par with the average top-level skater- on and off.

People, face the true: you can like her, because of this or that, but she isn't good enough for a world champ! Simply isn't!
    Definitely well put. But I would like to add, maybe in the defense of the fans, that as long as the skater is pleasurable for you to watch, that's all that counts in being a fan. Of course you will have the "fair-weather" fans, but we all know those aren't true fans. The true test of how much of a fan you are of an athlete/team, IMO, is when they are having a rough season or period. Do you like him/her/them enough to continue to support them, or will you just blow like the wind and find another bandwagon to jump on? It's easy to just cheerlead when someone is having a good time. But it's not so easy to stick it out with someone who's struggling unless you REALLY like him/her.
    Last edited by R.D.; 05-03-2006 at 05:03 PM.

RD I agree with your statement on fans wholeheartedly

if you're only worried about medals, that's not a fan of the skater, you're a fan of hte title...

TITLES AREN'T EVERYTHING...

maybe Sasha would disagree on that, maybe she wouldn't... unless you know her, you can only make assumptions... which I did for way too many years...

Down With It
    Cohen has given many inconsistent statements (gee, what a shocker!) on where she stands re. titles. In some interviews she will say she wants a (insert World or Olympic here) title and say that it's important to her, but in other interviews she'll say some Kwanism like "it's not about the titles, it's about the journey." Whatever

all of the skaters do that from time to time

I'm not saying she doesn't want to win, but I find it hard to believe she's been through injuries, heartbreak, etc for so many years and not still have something other than a piece of gold keeping her from hanging it up.

Down With It
    It's ok to change your mind but I'm saying that she flops back and forth (from what I've seen) between the two. Usually you think one and then slowly change your mindset to the other (typically from titles to journey).

I think she's done. Unless there's some revelation, we've seen the last of her. At least for now.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast