KIMMIE or SASHA? | Golden Skate

KIMMIE or SASHA?

KIMMIE or SASHA?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

anything_for_skating

Final Flight
This season was very interesting...I know Kimmie is new but who do you like better?
Americans,you have to choose one,who is it?
Other people, who is better for you?
Is it Kimmie?
Or still it stays Sasha?

I am SO interested what is going to be here.

NOTE: DO NOT say anything about Michelle or Tara or Emily or anyone else. The question is clear, and please choose one onf theese.

SK8LUVR

On the Ice
Definately Sasha. One of the most artistic skaters around. I have enjoyed watching her even with the inconsistancies. Amazing. Kimmie needs time to develop. We'll see in the next few years if she can match her in this aspect.

R.D.

Record Breaker
IMO, too soon to tell. There is a five year age difference. I think it would be more fair to wait until Kimmie is closer to Cohen's age before they can be compared. Then we can compare them at the same age. JMO

Last edited:

purplecat

Final Flight
Country
United-States
I like Kimmie a lot and look forward to watching her in the coming years. But I love Sasha :love: so I had to vote for Sasha.

julietvalcouer

Final Flight
I want a 'neither' option. I totallly miss the emotion some people say they see in Sasha, and Kimmie so far isn't standing out to me except as a bit coltish. Though if I had to chose I suppose I'd have to say Kimmie, simply because I've been watching Sasha for five years now and she still does nothing for me, while Kimmie's new and might grow on me.

Big Deal

Final Flight
In this minute Sasha has more skating skills, and has something unique , her extrem flexibility used in a very nice way.
Kimmie as a skater is "nothing special" yet, but has an incredible technical and competitive ability, which is far better than Sasha's at the same age.

#1Kerryfan

Final Flight
I like Sasha better. Now that Kimmie's triple axel is gone, nothing sets her apart.

anniemg

Rinkside
You know what, I'm comparing Kimmie with Sasha when Sasha was Kimmie's age. And I still say Sasha!:) I'd give those triple triples away to watch Sasha's beautiful programs.

Kwanford Wife

Record Breaker
julietvalcouer said:
I want a 'neither' option. I totallly miss the emotion some people say they see in Sasha, and Kimmie so far isn't standing out to me except as a bit coltish. Though if I had to chose I suppose I'd have to say Kimmie, simply because I've been watching Sasha for five years now and she still does nothing for me, while Kimmie's new and might grow on me.

I totally agree... After five years of Sasha, I'm still not a fan of her skating (even though I find HER highly amusing, espcially when she was going through her bad girl phase...) and after the same five years of seeing these prodigies spring up overnight & then disappear I simply cannot become emotionaly involved with the newbies... Having said that, Kimmie is a very competent skater who might be in the right place at the right time... (of course I felt the same way about NNN, Jenny, AP, BeBe, etc...) you just never know how one will stack up as time moves on...

Doggygirl

Record Breaker
I wish there was an option for both...

I find enjoyable qualities in both of these skaters. In nearly any skaters for that matter. I wish I could have seen World's live, where from the sound of it Kimmie electrified the arena with each successive jump. And I enjoy Sasha's unique qualitites in her spins and spirals with or without mistakes.

DG

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
this is comparing Apples to Oranges

and why do only American's have to choose??? I know a lot of Americans who don't give a hoot about either! :sheesh:

I did choose Sasha, though... more elegant line and mature skating style...

Jaana

Record Breaker
Country
Finland
This moment definetely Sasha. Kimmie´s skating still looks like that of a junior skater. It is of course possible that in time she may be able to get more presentation and interpretation talent, but I have a strong feeling that she will never be one of the skaters whose performances I enjoy, whether faultless or not.

antmanb

Record Breaker
Neither skater - i don't think i'd go out of my way to watch either of them. Kimmie is only 16 and i'm sure she'll improve her presentation/artistry so i'm not counting her out just yet. But at this point in time they both leave me cold.

Ant

krenseby

Final Flight
Obvious

This question is definitely slanted to make Kimmie bad. Of course most people would prefer Sasha. She is the more well rounded skater, considering all components of skating not the jumps. The point is not to compare Kimmie to Sasha and say "Oh she still hasn't reached Sasha's level as far as spins, presentation, flexibility, footwork, musicality are concerned." We should appreciate Kimmie for having progressed as a skater to being a technically consistent jumper. That is a talent and it deserves its praise. Give Kimmie time to develop the artistry. She wil probably work on it, if she wants to be a champion.

Jaana said:
This moment definetely Sasha. Kimmie´s skating still looks like that of a junior skater. It is of course possible that in time she may be able to get more presentation and interpretation talent, but I have a strong feeling that she will never be one of the skaters whose performances I enjoy, whether faultless or not.

I think Kimmie is better at 16 than Sasha was at 18. At 19 Sasha showed me that there was more to her than flexibility in Dortmund. However, she continues to be eratic and I think we are all waiting for that wishful 2 clean routines.

Kimmie is still a work in progress. There is a budding lyrical style and I think a season of COI will bring her to fruition.

I think the two ladies in question can be compared competitively but I would say Sasha has it all over her in show skating.

Joe

Vash01

Medalist
On that afternoon in Calgary Kimmie was the best skater and competitor. She has not developed artistically yet, but she will. She has a solid technique which will serve her well. Sasha's main weapon is her flexibility which is great for show skating. As far as eligible competitions are concerned, Kimmie is already better than Sasha.

Vash

dizzydi7

On the Ice
Sasha or Kimmie

Sasha! Because I believe Sasha is the most elegant skater I've seen ever. Sasha is one of a kind and I doubt we'll see another skater that comes close to her extension, gracefulness and presentation.

I really feel age has nothing to do with it. At the age of 15, Sasha had already mastered the elegence and style she has today. Kimmie will improve, of course, but she doesn't have that basic quality.

Not to say that Kimmie doesn't have wonderful qualities. Kimmie is a tough competitor and has great jumps, etc. She's here to stay and hopefully will have a great career with many, many more medals to come.

I feel it's really unfair to compare these two skaters because they are totally different in style. They each have special qualities and it really depends on a fan's likes an dislikes as to whom they prefer.

Dizzy

R.D.

Record Breaker
It's a style thing, IMO. they both have their strengths and weaknesses. But it's not a fair comparison IMO because Kimmie isn't quite finished with the development process. She has the potential to become really stunning when she gets older. I'd wait until Kimmie is 21 and then we can compare her then to SC now. JMHO

soogar

Record Breaker
I love Sasha but have the feeling that Kimmie will be the next great one. I definitely see Kimmie winning multiple world titles.