What female skaters wear glasses? | Golden Skate

What female skaters wear glasses?

76olympics

On the Ice
I guess some of these wear contacts some of the time, but I have seen them with glasses (or know that they need them from books etc):

Dorothy Hamill
Rena Inoue
Elena Bereznaya (sic!)
Kristi Yamaguchi

gkelly

Record Breaker
Actually I remember seeing clips of Dorothy Hamill wearing glasses on the ice when she was skating figures. And I recall commentators commenting on her nearsightedness when she was squinting at the marks after freeskating.

Jane2

Rinkside
gkelly said:
Actually I remember seeing clips of Dorothy Hamill wearing glasses on the ice when she was skating figures. And I recall commentators commenting on her nearsightedness when she was squinting at the marks after freeskating.

I remember that too.

Lanie

On the Ice
I'd imagine lots of them would wear contacts. ;) I've seen pics of some ice dancers in glasses (off the ice of course).

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
Tanith and Ben both use Acuvue contacts (According to their ad lol)

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I saw Jamie Sale in glasses.

Dee

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
Many skaters do wear contact lenses. I used to when I skated. What a difference it makes!!! I always remember seeing pictures of Dorothy Hamil tracing figures while wearing glasses. I guess she either went without for freeskate or wore contacts. Don't know. Great topic.

Pau-goodle76

Rinkside
I seen Maria Butirskaya wearing some once (and they were Sally Jesse Raphael big) in a scene from the beginning of the Tour of World Figure Skating Champions when it was shown on ABC in 1996. She was standing in an elevator with a bunch of skaters in the scene.