Thread: Ice skating's brightest stars to shine in Greenville

Down With It

Ice skating's brightest stars to shine in Greenville

a new article:

http://www.goupstate.com/apps/pbcs.d...41/1018/SPORTS

In the later part, focuses on Cohen. Actually, make that the whole article. She's also doing a new exhibition program as well.

Interesting article, thanks RD. It's nice to have an article about Sasha that doesn't mention her splatting in every program, and her disappointments this year. She seems to be having a lot of fun where she is right now. I just don't think competition is for her.

Custom Title
    I don't know about that program?

Shoe Diva
    Quote Originally Posted by Eeyora
    I don't know about that program?
    I know it just seems a bit off... espcially when you think of the hideously ugly dress she's obligated to wear from Project Runway...

Custom Title
    Sasha is not wearing the Project runway dress. She has always had great skating dresses even though some times she picks bad colors.

The milatary has been a big fan base for years (especially after the Olympics) so it probably helped her choose what music to use.

Custom Title
    People who follow the sport probably will be bored by it....but It'll be a hit with the general audience though ...Americans love that patriotic type stuff

Did you all catch this bit:

"filming for an episode of "Vegas..."

yeay for random Scott Hamilton mentions (ok so he was quoted but still lol)

I think she will do God Bless America justice, she definitely has the style and line that will do well with a Dion ballad... Melissa and Denis skated to that song a few years back and it was absolutely gorgeous!

as for filming Vegas... I hate that show but I may tune in to see how she does...

Is the Ben Stiller skating movie the same one as the Will Ferrel one (he plays a disgraced Olympic figure skater, according to this weeks people magazine... with a 70s/80s haircut and that era's style of men's costume BLECH)? Because I'm not sure I'd want to be a part of anything so stupid lol (Ferrel and Stiller are two of my least favorite "comedians" so one dimensional!)
    Last edited by Tonichelle; 04-05-2006 at 01:28 PM.

Custom Title
    But maybe its a cast exhibition song...the article didn't specify. That would be pretty weird though. Do they change their exhibitions for every year or has anyone used the same thing for two consecutive tours? never seen coi.

Figure Skating Is A Dangerous Sport Dee4707's Avatar
    Mr. Jim Fair writes ...........A four-month tour with Champions On Ice will give Sasha some rest

Is he crazy???

Dee

Down With It
    Quote Originally Posted by CDMM1991
    Interesting article, thanks RD. It's nice to have an article about Sasha that doesn't mention her splatting in every program, and her disappointments this year.
    Makes sense since IIRC the author actually runs her official site

I just don't think competition is for her.
    ITA.
    Last edited by R.D.; 04-05-2006 at 09:04 PM.

Banned
    I think that song is so wrong for Sasha. Gregory and Petukhov skated beautifully to it, but I don't think it works at all for Sasha.

Down With It
    sounds like it wouldn't, but I'll reserve judgement until I actually see it.

Custom Title
    Wow...i never noticed she has a sh**load of letters from the military on her site...I like the pic of the group of soldiers
    your right...thats probably why she's doing it
    Last edited by password; 04-05-2006 at 09:17 PM.

Down With It
    while am at it, a couple of pictures from her worlds exhibition. That second one isn't significant in itself but it does mark the 5,000th photo of her that I've added to my collection.

(keep in mind I have well over 20,000 photos total so it's not that much when you factor in the entire collection.)

http://img424.imageshack.us/img424/8...024x7683cz.jpg
    http://img424.imageshack.us/img424/4...024x7683ld.jpg
    Last edited by R.D.; 04-05-2006 at 10:00 PM.